Mariner... best/worst/not to be missed?

nlcentralchmps03,

I agree with you on your list, I would only add the reef and wreck snorkel trip in Grand Cayman. We really enjoyed the reef because of the fish.

Thank you.

Yeah, I haven't been to Grand Cayman in 2 years, so I wouldn't really know about that.

If anyone is going eastern and wants some recommendations on excursions, I would recommend going to Trunk Bay while in St. Thomas. Do this on your own as the ship's tour doesn't give you much more than an hour on the beach. Also, in St. Maarten I would HIGHLY suggest going to Orient Beach.

Oatmeal cookies from Cafe Promenade...and those little sandwiches, YUMMO!!! Later, Jill:cool:

Jill likes the Oatmeal, but I personally think the White Chocolate Chip in Dark Fudge is the best cookie.

Later,

Dave

My DH also named Dave loves the mudslide cookies...

And I just found out on another thread that they have TOFFEE cookies!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Quest and Battle of the Sexes are great on this class of ship. They have them in the ice rink and lots more people can play than when in one of the bars.

Dave, ya know that I love ya, man, but I GOTTA disagree with you here!

Quest on a Vision or Sovereign or Radiance class ship is MUCH more fun.

Smaller is better in this case.

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybabes

Oatmeal cookies from Cafe Promenade...and those little sandwiches, YUMMO!!! Later, Jill

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cincy-David

Jill likes the Oatmeal, but I personally think the White Chocolate Chip in Dark Fudge is the best cookie.

Later,

Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybabes

My DH also named Dave loves the mudslide cookies...

And I just found out on another thread that they have TOFFEE cookies!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE TO SELF: Pack the "fat pants" :D :eek:

room service has these great chicken wings with blue cheese dressing for dipping.No spice buffalo wings just great winngets we bought our own spice sauce in Ocho Rios:p and made it spicey on our own.They are great either way.

We sailed on the June 29th Mariner of the Seas to the Western Caribbean. We also did this same one last year. The Mariner is a beautiful ship, the crew is fantastic and we loved everything. But here is our one disappointment. We had three balcony cabins all in a row so we could open the balcony doors and have easy access to my four children's rooms if we needed to get to the room (a comfort at night) or just sit together on one long balcony in the morning and evenings. When we asked to have the doors opened, they told us they are no longer allowing it. We were so disappointed and the upgrade to balcony rooms were not worth it. If that is not important to you, you will absolutely love your cruise experience!

DH & I sailed Mariner in Aug/Sept 2004, and fell in love with this ship. Some (because if I list them all I could be here for days) of our favorite things:

- CHOPS (my husband's absolute favorite thing on the ship!)

- RANGE COCONUT COOKIES in Promenade Cafe (if they still have them, they're so worth the calories, very addictive!)

- ELLINGTON'S for a late-night drink, great music and atmosphere

- CARIBBEAN NIGHT OUTDOOR (pool deck I think) midnight buffet & party -- wish they had more nights like this during our cruise, I think the whole ship turned out for it and we had a blast drinking and dancing into the night

- ICE SHOW

- ROLLERBLADING on Sports Deck (DH loved it)

- POOLS around 5pm (when first-seating diners leave, the pools empty out)

- any fun chocolatey concoction up at the SKY BAR

Enjoy your cruise! Mariner is a beauty.

How do you get to the helipad? Is it a "secret door" like on Carnival, or is it well identified?? :confused:

I think this is it, If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

I think if you take Deck four (or is it five - sorry- memory is weak today) all the way forward, make a little dog leg and then take the steps up. It is not well marked, so just keep going till you get to it.

Oatmeal cookies from Cafe Promenade...and those little sandwiches, YUMMO!!! Later, Jill:cool:

I'll second that! They also have really yummy cheese cake and pound cake with fruit in it.

Every afternoon and evening they have little ham and cheese croissants that are yummy, and they'll have those all week, in addition to other yummy little sandwiches that change daily.

Make sure you take a walk to the front of deck 4 (outside). If it's nice out, there's a staircase at the front of the ship that takes you to the helipad. Its a great place to go at night (very dark!) to star gaze.

Room service. There are little cards you'll find hanging behind the door in your cabin. You can order breakfast the night before you go to bed. Fill out the card and put it out on your door before 2 or 3am. You circle which time you'd like it delivered and they call you when it's on the way. Great wake up call. :D

Sorry to be so thick, but what exactly is the 'glass bottom' tour? Could you give more info. please about the fishing, cost, etc. Thanks!!!!:D

You must achieve C & A newest and highest level, called Petrol, to

access these areas.

We're sailing on the Mariner next month, first RC in a while, and can't wait! I saw her during sail away on another ship and knew I was going one day:D

So... what is not to be missed? What can you do without? Give me more stuff to daydream about for the next few weeks....:D

Just left the Mariner today. My list of must do's includes

Wig and Gavel if you like Irish singalongs. We had a blast.

Ellingtons at sunset or anytime in the evening. For some reason, doesn't ever seem to be crowded. Ditto for Vintages and this is a great way to watch the activity on the promenade from a distance. If you are curious about wines, Vintages offers a "splash" as well as a 2 oz pour.

Order the cheese plate from room service to be delivered when you are getting ready for dinner (tip from another poster). One plate is plenty for two.

We enjoyed dinner but our expectations were not too high. We followed the recommendation of our waiter each night and were not disappointed. Just keep in mind that it is mass production food.

Ditto on Quest and Love and Marriage. Can't script that kind of comedy.

Chocolate Martini - not the chocolate mint martini on the menu. We asked and in most bars they had no trouble whipping one up.

We had a fabulous week. Enjoy!!

Archived