Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

Hey, I'm booked in c748 for the Syd-Beijing.....can't wait. When is your cruise?

Dragonfly cruiser

Im booked Dec 22nd-jan 3rd 2011 so before your cruise!! Mine got accidently cancelled by the agent when the boking was adjusted and was unsafe for a month before we realised but luckily not taken and safely rebooked again. 748 will be my cabin.

here are some more i added today to a differnt thread, keep your eyes open as i will continue to add more aft shots as the cruise season goes on with differnt princess ships coming into port of Vancouver

4716195112_a643485779_b.jpg

4716195402_503bf51bc3_b.jpg

Edited by GOcanucksGO

I see a few people have booked this cabin for future cruises. Any past cruisers with photos of this cabin and balcony? We're booked for January 2011. Thanks for any assistance.

If you get some we'd like to see them as well, we just booked that cabin for Mar2012 :-)

Dragonfly cruiser

Im booked Dec 22nd-jan 3rd 2011 so before your cruise!! Mine got accidently cancelled by the agent when the boking was adjusted and was unsafe for a month before we realised but luckily not taken and safely rebooked again. 748 will be my cabin.

Make sure any defects in the cabin are fixed before you get off. That way I won't have to!

:D

JC

I posted this on another thread because of a complaint from a cruiser on the Coral, but did not get an answer:

The complaint was that the aft cabins on the Coral were very noisy (engine noise and vibration) and would not book another aft again.

We are booked on the Coral E737 for the full transit Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale. We have sailed several aft cabins and love them and have the coveted C753 on the Sapphire 30 day to Sydney.

But have not sailed on the smaller ships. Will this be a problem. Or will we be able to overlook this?

Snowbird

We are booked on this ship for June 7, 2011. Our room is the one all the way to the top on the port side. I hope we made a good choice. On our last cruise(June 2010) we spent a lot of our viewing time on the aft so we thought we would try a room here.

Thanks for the great pixs.

I posted this on another thread because of a complaint from a cruiser on the Coral, but did not get an answer:

The complaint was that the aft cabins on the Coral were very noisy (engine noise and vibration) and would not book another aft again.

We are booked on the Coral E737 for the full transit Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale. We have sailed several aft cabins and love them and have the coveted C753 on the Sapphire 30 day to Sydney.

But have not sailed on the smaller ships. Will this be a problem. Or will we be able to overlook this?

Snowbird

The Coral/Island have no true aft cabins.

The one you speak of is on the side of the ship.

We have sailed on the Coral/Island many times and mostly in cabins in the 700's on at least 3 of the decks.

We experienced no more vibration there then any other ship we have sailed on.

What is not offensive to us may be offensive to the next passenger.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The Coral/Island have no true aft cabins.

The one you speak of is on the side of the ship.

We have sailed on the Coral/Island many times and mostly in cabins in the 700's on at least 3 of the decks.

We experienced no more vibration there then any other ship we have sailed on.

What is not offensive to us may be offensive to the next passenger.

Two follow up points.

Thrusters are notoriously noisy with lots of vibration. Every ship has this issue. A port intensive schedule with lots of 0700 docking times might just be too much for some people.

The aft decks on Coral and Island are great places to watch the scenery with little wind and fewer people, although they will be crowded for a panama canal transit. We have spent many an evening watching the sun set or the moon rise or on one occasion, a lunar eclipse.

But since you will be transiting from Pacific to Atlantic (South to North), the forward decks, they open them for a transit, will be shaded and the aft decks will be in full sun. So you might want to be on the front decks for the morning transit.

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked in B754 for our Canada/NE cruise. We have previously sailed in aft balcony on Grand & Star and loved them... most recently C752 on Star - great corner alongside the suites - wonderful cabin steward.

Just noticed that B756 and B 757 are available. Do they know something we don't and moved elsewhere? Will the balcony be as large as on the Star corner? We've not had an issue with vent or beam previously and hope that'll be the same for this cruise. There are 2 midship balcony cabins available on Riviera that could be an option if necessary.

Thoughts???

Thanks

We will be in C753, our first aft cabin and can't wait.

Our first aft cabin in September! We will be in C753 too! I'm so excited to try this cabin out after all of the wonderful comments here on CC. We also have it booked next year for our Hawaii cruise.... :D

Our first aft cabin in September! We will be in C753 too! I'm so excited to try this cabin out after all of the wonderful comments here on CC. We also have it booked next year for our Hawaii cruise.... :D

Which ship will you be sailing on? We're doing the Crown Princess in 4 weeks, cabin C753. We've also done the Diamond, same cabin. From personal experience, you'll enjoy the location. Hope you'll agree.

Joel

We have C753 on the Grand in February, our first and we're looking forward to it.

I booked C748 on the Sapphire for Mar 2012 over a month ago and I guess we picked a bad cruise - I checked today and C753 is still available :-)

We were in C752 on the Grand. Here are 2 views. Looking down the hall into infinity to the front of the ship (which happened often! Somehow we always ended up forward and had to walk back!). And, then, the small corridor leading to our room. Only thing there was our room and the door to the emergency exits.

My birthday balloons were only seen by our steward and the people in C750 and C748. :)

IMG_4510.jpg.a4a59f8e0121ea22b3ac7e5c0a286042.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg.9038bcfdf0c20bb6822cf30b770a8b53.jpg

Susan

Which ship will you be sailing on? We're doing the Crown Princess in 4 weeks, cabin C753. We've also done the Diamond, same cabin. From personal experience, you'll enjoy the location. Hope you'll agree.

Joel

In September we'll be on the Sapphire Princess , then next year we're booked to Hawaii on the Golden Princess.... I'm sure we'll love it! :)We have been in the Aft section and liked it but have never had a true aft cabin!

Sounds like all the ships have a similar cabin and I've heard so many positive things I was surprised it was available when I booked.:D

• 1 month later...
Still no photos of the Sapphire Aft cabins? We are curious about C748.

I was hoping for the same thing.. We are in this cabin in Dec. on the Sapphire and then a cabin in the same location (C752) on the Golden.. I've heard that the view and the balcony are to die for...:)

Still no photos of the Sapphire Aft cabins? We are curious about C748.

I don't know if anyone has posted pictures of the Sapphire - but they have posted pictures of the Diamond and they are identical ships - see post 328 for example.