paying final payment early

CruzinNoony

We are considering paying our November cruise early because we are going with Princess air and we want to lock in the (air) price. If there is a price drop on the cruise would we still get it?:(

IF by chance there is a price drop before final payment date, even if you paid yours early, then yes, you would be entitled to have the difference refunded to you. But as said, the chances are slim to none on this one. That usually happens when the ships have lots of availablilty or aren't booking well, and November is a popular time of year to sail.

Best of luck though, at least you will be able to lock in your airfare and still have the slight chance of a price drop.

no, unless you recieved price guarantee in writting.not very many of those around, but you will lock in the price if you pay early. the chance of the price going down depends on the number of passengers booked, the good cabins are not left toward the end and yes you can always get a cheeper cabin a month before the debarkation date on a ship with lots of empty cabins, thats the gamble your ship may be full months before or empty you never know...

no, unless you recieved price guarantee in writting.not very many of those around, but you will lock in the price if you pay early. the chance of the price going down depends on the number of passengers booked, the good cabins are not left toward the end and yes you can always get a cheeper cabin a month before the debarkation date on a ship with lots of empty cabins, thats the gamble your ship may be full months before or empty you never know...

???:confused: Very confused by this answer. Don't know what you mean about locking in price if you pay early. If you have booked a cruise at a certain price and made the deposit, your price is locked in. I'm not talking about fuel, additional tax that is sometimes changed, etc. But the price itself is locked in. Also, if final payment is made prior to final payment due date, you can absolutely get the lower price. I'm not talking about flash promos, etc., but if the actual price is lowered due to empty cabins, etc. then you can get a refund.

???:confused: Very confused by this answer. Don't know what you mean about locking in price if you pay early. If you have booked a cruise at a certain price and made the deposit, your price is locked in. I'm not talking about fuel, additional tax that is sometimes changed, etc. But the price itself is locked in. Also, if final payment is made prior to final payment due date, you can absolutely get the lower price. I'm not talking about flash promos, etc., but if the actual price is lowered due to empty cabins, etc. then you can get a refund.

Lynda, I totally agree. Not sure what TA harlee3 uses but I have always had the opportunity of a reduced price if that price is available BEFORE the final payment date, even if paying off the final payment early. And as you say, not linked to a specific promotion targeted for new bookings only (which some are) in the price drop.

Thanks to all of you for your help. Lynda-the latest thing about using Princess air is that they will not guarantee the price until final payment is made. This cruise is from SF to Santiago, Chile and the air is very pricey back from Santiago to do on our own. Princess' price is quite good, so want to be locked into it. But, I don't want to miss out ,by making final payment early, if they lower the price on the cruise. Did I make myself clearer?:confused:

Thanks to all of you for your help. Lynda-the latest thing about using Princess air is that they will not guarantee the price until final payment is made. This cruise is from SF to Santiago, Chile and the air is very pricey back from Santiago to do on our own. Princess' price is quite good, so want to be locked into it. But, I don't want to miss out ,by making final payment early, if they lower the price on the cruise. Did I make myself clearer?:confused:

I understood exactly what you meant the first time. You locked in your air, which is smart. But, you will also be able to get the lower price on the cruise if the price drops before final payment is actually due. Doesn't matter that you already paid it off.

I always like to pay off my cruises as soon as I can. Is there an advantage for waiting till the final payment due date?

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I always like to pay off my cruises as soon as I can. Is there an advantage for waiting till the final payment due date?

Bob

Yes, YOU get to earn and keep the interest on that money, not the cruise line.

Yes, YOU get to earn and keep the interest on that money, not the cruise line.

Doohhhh;

Good point, never thought about that....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Kind of like playing the stock market , it all depends. And it depends on how far aout you are from sailing, everycase is individual, if the air price seems good and final is only in a month or two, with the uncertainty

(which hopefully will settle down soon, all these flight cuts and corporate rearrangements) then I can see going for final , if it is a year out I would probably keep fingers crossed and keep $ in bank.

Archived