Dining Room Seating Preference

gavinfromlondon

My wife and I have booked on Solstice next May in a Celebrity Suite. I see that one of the "perks" is "Dining room seating preference".

Can anyone tell me what this means in practice and does it mean we are more likely to get a table for two if we have requested it?

Thanks

Gavin

My wife and I have booked on Solstice next May in a Celebrity Suite. I see that one of the "perks" is "Dining room seating preference".

Can anyone tell me what this means in practice and does it mean we are more likely to get a table for two if we have requested it?

Thanks

Gavin

Your suite will give you preferance over everybody on the ship.

Secure your table, when you first get on ship.

A $20 bill, will secure every request you have the entire cruise with the Hotel Manager.

A $20 bill, will secure every request you have the entire cruise with the Hotel Manager.

Unnecessary and a little on the tacky side in my opinion. He should be happy to honor your requests to the best of his ability even without an up front enticement / bribe. The whole practice seems very 1980's. A tip on the way out or at the end of the cruise is an entirely different story of course.

Thanks for posting the question Gavin, Tony and I are booked in a CS in September of next year and we too are hoping for 2nd seating dining and a table for two.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise, we usually travel on Princess and P&O but fancied a change so a new experience for us. We will be on deck 16 and wondering if we have chosen wisely - but I guess we shall know once she sails and we start getting feedback!

Let us know how you get on.

Best Regards

Glenda

Thanks

Gavin

If you have booked your cruise WAAAY out, chances of you getting what you want increases too! No matter where your stateroom is.

You can't be serious.

Tacky, tacky, tacky.....why not just ask when you first get on board to see if there our any tables for 2 available.

Laura

Check your assignment at the restaurant when you board & then see about changing if it is not what you want--tipping is not part of this process from our experience...

we always request the upper dining level --sometimes we get it & sometimes not--on Solstice we will try very hard to get that as the lower level looks like it'll be tightlty packed in the depictions they have shown...

We booked a concierge's room for our January 31st cruise. Our TA told us that only late seating was available.

I would prefer early seating because I like doing the shows after dinner not before dinner, and I have a tendency eat too much before dinner (snacking) when I am scheduled to eat dinner so late.

Will I be able to request early seating now that I have a Concierge room? Or does that mean I only get to choose what type of table I sit at during late seating?

Thanks for your reply!

Jan

We booked a concierge's room for our January 31st cruise. Our TA told us that only late seating was available.

I would prefer early seating because I like doing the shows after dinner not before dinner, and I have a tendency eat too much before dinner (snacking) when I am scheduled to eat dinner so late.

Will I be able to request early seating now that I have a Concierge room? Or does that mean I only get to choose what type of table I sit at during late seating?

Thanks for your reply!

Jan

I have never been on a Celebrity M class ship where the dining room was completely filled. It seems that people were able to change their dinner times and tables without much of a problem. I am not crazy about the large tables on the M class ships. We are right above the ship's engines and I always have trouble hearing what some people are saying. It could be that I'm slowly going deaf lol

JRarey ~ I'd call your travel agent back and discuss this with them now. Here's a list of Conceirge class benefits; dining and seating preferences are included:

Celebrity Concierge Class

spacer.gif

When you stay in a Celebrity Concierge Class Stateroom on Celebrity Constellation, you will receive these added amenities and more:

•Welcome champagne•Daily fruit selection•Fresh-cut flowers•Daily hors d'oeuvres•Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®•Duvets and pillow-top mattresses•Leather key holder, personalized stationery and tote bag•Double-thick Frette bathrobes•Hansgrohe® showerhead•VIP invitations to events•Early embarkation and debarkation•Dining and seating preference•Preference on shore excursions•Express luggage delivery

If she can't confirm you for early seating, ask your travel agent now to place you on the "waitlist" for early seating. Then when you board, head to the dining room and check in with the Maitre 'd on your dining time assignment.

Are you a Capt. Club member? If so, I'd check with them as well.

Verity and Host Anne,

Thank you for the reply. I will call my TA immediately and point this out to her. Since the cruise is over 6 months away I thought I should have been able to book early seating with no problem, I was actually shocked when she said only late seating was available.

I forgot about the waitlist. I will get us on it immediately.

We are also Captains club members but have only sailed with Celebrity one time thus far. This will be our second Celebrity cruise. I am not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Verity, I have problems hearing also. Especially when there is alot of background noise. I am hoping that we have a table of 6 or 8 at the most.

Once again, thank you,

Jan

My DH and I go to the dining room as soon as we get on the ship just to check that we have a table for two, as requested. Have never had a problem.

8/99 Alaska Celebrity

8/01 Scandinavia/Russia Princess

1/05 Western Carribean Celebrity

10/05 Hawaii Norwegian

1/07 Panama Canal Celebrity

8/07 Hawaii Norwegian

1/08 South America – Celebrity

Jan ~ at six months out and in Concierge Class you should definitely be able to get the dining assignment you'd like. If your TA can't do it, definitely call the Capt. Club. You can find the number on Celebrity's website. Let us know how it works out for you!

Archived