It took me this many cruises before I finally figured out...

Please feel free to add to the list!

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that you can make friends on a cruise with people you would never meet back home, so do it

It took me 5 cruises before I figured out that the people you met and want to hang out with you'll never see again until the last day of the cruise. The people you meet and want to avoid are around every corner

It took me12 cruises before I finally figured out that a sunrise is not a sunset in reverse, it’s way better (incredible actually) and worth staying up all night for. It’s cool watching the ship slowly come to life too

It took me 13 cruises before I finally figured out that warm chocolate melting cake will make you forget any issues you had with your meal up until that point

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that your cabin steward can read your mind

It took me 2 cruises before I finally figured out that there is always someone having “the worst vacation ever!” who is constantly complaining and will bring you down if you listen to them, so don’t

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that the safety drill is much easier to handle if you have 2 drinks-of-the-day in you

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that safety drill only feels like it’s being held on the surface of the sun

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that while your basic cruise fare (including tips) is one of the best vacation values out there, assume absolutely everything else the cruise line tries to sell you before, during and after your cruise is a rip-off until proven otherwise

It took me 6 cruises before I finally figured out that if you do something really dumb and it makes to the daily cruise video, that particular day will be repeated on the in-cabin TV for the rest of the cruise and everyone will know you as “there's the guy that…”

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that shore talks are really commercials and that the “Mandatory” debarkation presentation is skip-able

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that, much like the way a mother bear protects her cub, a cruiser will protect their lounger using deadly force

It took me 2 cruises before I finally figured out that that Steiner’s products do not reverse aging, melt tensions, stimulate new cell growth or bring you a life of personal fulfillment as claimed at the end of your massage, although for what they charge they should

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that no matter how good a tourist you try to be, there is someone else from the ship embarrassing everyone by starting a sentence with “Well, back where I come from…”

It took me 5 cruises before I finally figured out that it’s a washroom, not a bathroom in most of the Caribbean

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that Diamonds International and Columbia Emeralds really are everywhere

It took me 5 cruises before I finally figured out that Tequilia is the best drink for a cruise. It took me 6 cruises before I finally figured out that Tequilia can be your worst enemy. It also took me 6 cruises before I finally figured out that the infirmary nurse is nice even to badly hung-over people

It took me 1 cruise before I finally figured out that I was hooked

It took me only 1 cruise with the kids in an OV to know that the next one is in a balcony cabin with SO we can join The Balcony Club!

Please feel free to add to the list!

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that you can make friends on a cruise with people you would never meet back home, so do it

It took me 5 cruises before I figured out that the people you met and want to hang out with you'll never see again until the last day of the cruise. The people you meet and want to avoid are around every corner

It took me12 cruises before I finally figured out that a sunrise is not a sunset in reverse, it’s way better (incredible actually) and worth staying up all night for. It’s cool watching the ship slowly come to life too

It took me 13 cruises before I finally figured out that warm chocolate melting cake will make you forget any issues you had with your meal up until that point

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that your cabin steward can read your mind

It took me 2 cruises before I finally figured out that there is always someone having “the worst vacation ever!” who is constantly complaining and will bring you down if you listen to them, so don’t

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that the safety drill is much easier to handle if you have 2 drinks-of-the-day in you

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that safety drill only feels like it’s being held on the surface of the sun

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that while your basic cruise fare (including tips) is one of the best vacation values out there, assume absolutely everything else the cruise line tries to sell you before, during and after your cruise is a rip-off until proven otherwise

It took me 6 cruises before I finally figured out that if you do something really dumb and it makes to the daily cruise video, that particular day will be repeated on the in-cabin TV for the rest of the cruise and everyone will know you as “there's the guy that…”

It took me 3 cruises before I finally figured out that shore talks are really commercials and that the “Mandatory” debarkation presentation is skip-able

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that, much like the way a mother bear protects her cub, a cruiser will protect their lounger using deadly force

It took me 2 cruises before I finally figured out that that Steiner’s products do not reverse aging, melt tensions, stimulate new cell growth or bring you a life of personal fulfillment as claimed at the end of your massage, although for what they charge they should

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that no matter how good a tourist you try to be, there is someone else from the ship embarrassing everyone by starting a sentence with “Well, back where I come from…”

It took me 5 cruises before I finally figured out that it’s a washroom, not a bathroom in most of the Caribbean

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that Diamonds International and Columbia Emeralds really are everywhere

It took me 5 cruises before I finally figured out that Tequilia is the best drink for a cruise. It took me 6 cruises before I finally figured out that Tequilia can be your worst enemy. It also took me 6 cruises before I finally figured out that the infirmary nurse is nice even to badly hung-over people

It took me 1 cruise before I finally figured out that I was hooked

It took me just ONE cruise to figure out there's no place else I would rather be than on the lido deck in the sun with a tropical beverage!

Of course it's taken me 30 additional cruises....and still counting....just to keep reminding myself. :cool:

It took me just ONE cruise to figure out there's no place else I would rather be than on the lido deck in the sun with a tropical beverage!

Of course it's taken me 30 additional cruises....and still counting....just to keep reminding myself. :cool:

I couldn't agree more:D

it took only 1 cruise to figure out that I have way more energy on a ship than I do at home.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had more energy on the cruise than at home. Maybe the cruise lines can find a way to bottle the energy and then we can buy it to have at home! ;)

It took 1 cruise to realize that if the shore excursion says unlimited rum punch in the description, you can have a lot of fun watching people try to get back to the ship afterwards.

It took 1 cruise to realize that drinking was on par with an olympic sport at least at places like Senor Frogs and Charlos and Charlies.

It took me 3 cruises before I realized that cruise air was not the best option.

It took me 2 cruises to find the infirmary on the ships and discover that travel insurance is absolutely necessary.

It took 2 cruises to realize that I don't have to do a shore excursion in every port - and can still have a great time.

It took 5 cruises to realize sunscreen is your best friend and must be constantly reapplied especially in the Caribbean. That was coincidentally the same cruise I discovered that the spa can do a treatment to help with sunburn in case anybody else learns the same lesson about sunscreen I did.

It took me 4 cruises to realize that flying in a day early is a must.

It took me 7 cruises to realize that there is no one "best" cruise line. They all have their good points and bad.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can eat every available meal in every available venue.

Bon Voyage!

It took me 8 cruises to figure out that it's better to have a family vacation than trying to "keep up with the Jones'" and buying a house I can't afford anyway.

It took me 1 cruise to figure out that there is no better vacation than a cruise....how many vacations take you to multiple exotic places?

It took me 3 cruises to realize that getting frustrated over stupid tablemates wasn't worth it.

It took me 1 cruise with my kids to realize that even special needs kids are entitled to "typical" fun!

It took me 1 cruise to realize that I will never have enough cruises, so the cruise lines better be around for a long time!

It took me 4 cruises before I finally figured out that there is an amazing place called cruise critic, where you can talk about cruising, even when you're not.

I completely agree with you!!! It took me researching for my 4th cruise to find cruise critic! Now I am addicted!

It took me 1 cruises before I finally figured out the theory of relativity!

*Time on a cruise goes at least 100 times faster, than time waiting to get on a cruise!

*I also learned the corollary theory...Time at work, NEVER MOVES!:eek:

BILL

It took us 15 cruises to finally spend the extra bucks to book a balcony and then 1 cruise with a balcony only to have chain smokers in the next cabin drive us inside numerous times! But I am willing to give the quest for clean air another chance! Maybe RCCL will honor the fact that 80% of the adult population are non-smokers!

It took us only 1 cruise on Carnival to recognize that we were no longer in our twenties and single!

It took us only 1 cruise to realize that the crew members work so hard and get paid so little!

It took us only 2 cruises to realize that the ship excursions are not worth the extra bucks and cattle herd unless you are in a less than safe port area/country.

It took us only 1 cruise to find that each ship always has a secluded location in which to quietly sit and read on sea days.

It took us only 1 cruise to find that there is nothing better than sitting in a lounge chair on the promenade deck and watching the sea go by!

It took us only 1 cruise to find that tipping the matrede is like flushing money away. On the otherhand, we always tip the assistant waiter more then the recommended amount.

It took us 12 cruises to discover that RCCL is just as good as if not better than HAL. I know, I know, it takes some folks long to get the message!

It took us 5 cruises for us to discover that live classical music in the lounges on RCCL (and HAL) is a great way to spend time relaxing after dinner.

It took me way too long to discover Cruise Critic (even if the "clothes police" and dining room snobs get my dander up)!

It took us 1 cruise to fall in love with cruising.

It took us 1 DCL cruise to fall in love with family cruising.

It took us 1 RCCL cruise to fall in love with RC family cruising.

It took us 1 aft balcony cruise to fall in love with aft balconies.

How many cruises will it take before we become balcony club members? Kind of like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop, the world may never know - but it doesn't really matter how you get there, as long as you enjoy getting there. ;)

Happy sailing to all ~ Judy & Don

CC-balcony6688.jpg CC-portofino-a.jpg

COUNTING THE DAYS:

Independence of the Seas 11/23/2008 (happy days - a great corner Aft cabin!) - COME JOIN THE ROLL CALL and our own M&M party!

Navigator of the Seas 04/11/2009 (another great corner Aft cabin!) ROLL CALL

Independence of the Seas 4/3/2010 (repeat stay in the same great corner Aft cabin!)

SAILED:

Navigator of the Seas 04/03/2008 (our first Aft cabin - a corner Aft that spoiled us forever)

Disney Wonder 03/18/2007

and going way, way, way back when we were young, our first cruise

The Oceanic 04/1971

countdown.pl?name=FloridaPalms&date=11-23-2008&image=Beach-9&text=Another corner Aft - can

Archived