HAL Cheerleaders...Can I give you a "Rah?"

CocoKai

There are still a few more lines I need to try but I would like to tell you this....After 2 HAL cruises, we opted to try another line. This is what you need to be thankful for:

Amazing food in your Main Dining Rooms and Buffet. Pinnacle is exceptional but you don't have to eat there because the other food is so great.

Full room service menu, 24/7, plus expanded menu when restaurants are open. Did someone say shrimp cocktail with BIG shrimp brought to your room?

You can bring on all the wine you want for FREE. You don't even have to pay to uncork your own cork in your cabin!!!

You can get not one but two, maybe even three towels without signing your life away with a $25 deposit on a $2 towel. They even have them to bring ashore, readily available.

Fresh flowers everywhere, not fake.

Entertainment like Culinary Classes, High Tea, Flower Arranging, Towel Folding, etc. and you can just go and enjoy, not be pressured to buy anything.

Real art in hallways and alcoves. Not decorated with items to buy.

The Yum-Yum man

Probably, the most pleasant staff I have ever encounter on land or sea.

Elegance of real teak decks and steamer chairs

FOOD....again. Not a quantity but quality person. Quality it is!!!! If you asked for a second steak, they wouldn't even flinch. Love their soup.

I have to say....we are a youngish family by HAL standards and there was more to do on the old floating assisted living ship than the family oriented ship we were on. As soon as those kids head off to college, a HAL world cruise is on my itinerary. Until then, the Med is up next....with HAL.

What is the yum yum man?

One of HAL's signature delights! As you leave the dining room after dinner, there is a steward standing near the door in a very charming uniform, who offers you your choice of after-dinner treats: mints, ginger, and I think dates (I always took the ginger so I don't remember what the third thing was). Just one of those nice little extras!

OK, Cocokai, I have to ask - what "other line" were you on that did not have all of the lovely HAL things you listed? And I do hope there were at least SOME good points to your trip on said nameless "other line"!

I consider myself a cheerleader for cruising more so than any particular cruise line. I sail most mass marketed cruise lines, have yet to have a bad cruise but oh my stars, it always feels good to come home to HAL.

There are still a few more lines I need to try but I would like to tell you this....After 2 HAL cruises, we opted to try another line. This is what you need to be thankful for:

Amazing food in your Main Dining Rooms and Buffet. Pinnacle is exceptional but you don't have to eat there because the other food is so great.

Full room service menu, 24/7, plus expanded menu when restaurants are open. Did someone say shrimp cocktail with BIG shrimp brought to your room?

You can bring on all the wine you want for FREE. You don't even have to pay to uncork your own cork in your cabin!!!

You can get not one but two, maybe even three towels without signing your life away with a $25 deposit on a $2 towel. They even have them to bring ashore, readily available.

Fresh flowers everywhere, not fake.

Entertainment like Culinary Classes, High Tea, Flower Arranging, Towel Folding, etc. and you can just go and enjoy, not be pressured to buy anything.

Real art in hallways and alcoves. Not decorated with items to buy.

The Yum-Yum man

Probably, the most pleasant staff I have ever encounter on land or sea.

Elegance of real teak decks and steamer chairs

FOOD....again. Not a quantity but quality person. Quality it is!!!! If you asked for a second steak, they wouldn't even flinch. Love their soup.

I have to say....we are a youngish family by HAL standards and there was more to do on the old floating assisted living ship than the family oriented ship we were on. As soon as those kids head off to college, a HAL world cruise is on my itinerary. Until then, the Med is up next....with HAL.

All rahs gratefully appreciated. I don't have much experience with other lines, so having a post like yours just confirms my stubborness in sailing HAL when ever I can. I don't have any objection to what you have posted, appreciating all that you have brought up. It's nice for me to see another passenger appreciate the value of a HAL cruise, thanks.

Cheer6.jpg?t=1216436748I could Not agree with you more icon14.gif

Our first cruise was n RCCL then 2nd on HAL, then we returned to RCCL then did not look back when we returned to HAL Now I will say that we do have a Princess cruise next May but I just hope that HAL sees that they made a mistake taking away 7 day cruises from the Mexican Rivera and in 2010 returns a ship to San Diego.

With all that being said I know that HAL is really the best for us and that is why we continue to be a HAL Cheerleader:)

Cheer6.jpg?t=1216436748I could Not agree with you more icon14.gif

Our first cruise was n RCCL then 2nd on HAL, then we returned to RCCL then did not look back when we returned to HAL Now I will say that we do have a Princess cruise next May but I just hope that HAL sees that they made a mistake taking away 7 day cruises from the Mexican Rivera and in 2010 returns a ship to San Diego.

With all that being said I know that HAL is really the best for us and that is why we continue to be a HAL Cheerleader:)

I'll be anxious to hear your take on Princess. I think they offer a fine product. :)

We sail HAL and only HAL for all the same reasons. Pampering to the nth degree is so nice. We may try another cruise line someday but only if HAL goes something truly drastic to change things.

WE LOVE HAL

IT MAKES US SMILE

WE ALWAYS COME BACK AFTER AWHILE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

We tried others multiple times. We've sailed "X" about 5 or 6 times and have no plan to return. We sailed RCI once and that was enough for us. Just not our stlyle or taste. Not much about it was what we seek in a cruise.

We've sailed Princess about 5 or 6 times, also, and the last time we sailed Princess was almost assuredly the last time we will sail Princess. There were many things about those cruises that displeased us and that cruise last was the worst. We were hugely disappointed.

We also sailed Carnival once, sort of.....but that's a long story.

We've sailed HAL about 60+ cruises. We have no plan to sail any other line. We love HAL's crews and ships and we call HAL our home away from home. They never disappoint us!!! :)

Cocokai,

The things you listed are exactly what keeps me coming back to HAL. It's an elegant and sophisticated atmosphere with down-to-earth friendliness.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Roz

Archived