More info needed on Monarch

After trying to glance through 45 pages of Monarch news, I had to stop, and decided to ask specific questions that I hope some of you regulars can answer.

The deck plan for the Monarch shows Johnny Rockets, Sorrentos and Compass Deli on deck 12. Are all of them really there? I didn't realize there was a JR on this ship.

On disembarking morning, is there a special place for Platinum and Diamond members to go and get light breakfast and off the ship by 9 am? We have reserved Super Shuttle for 9:40 -9:55 window time. Is that doable?

If we miss the lunch hours ( what are they anyway in the Windjammer?) where are the snacks, and is there a barbeque somewhere one day?

By the way, someone recently said there was a chocolate buffet , but I thought they were eliminated. What's the latest?

13 more days till the cruise ( Aug 4) :cool:

No JR on Monarch.

There is a Chocolate buffet on the 4 nighter only.

There is a pool barbecue on the sea day for the 3 nighter, can't remember which day for the 4 night.

There is always snacks available at Sorrento's, and the forward windjammer had afternoon snacks also.

Yes there is a Platinum and Diamond departure lounge set up. You will get a card in your room with the location.

The pool side barbecue for the 4 night cruise was on the day we were in Ensenada...............It started around 3:00. In addition to barbeque there were tacos and chips with salsa or guacamole. Ymmmm...........it was all good.

Deck 12 has Sorrento's for pizza and snacks and is also the upper level of the Windjammer (extra seating only). Unfortunately there is no Compass deli or JR.

The Chocolate Buffet is at midnight and is held in the Centrum.

We were just on Monarch (4-night) a week ago. I believe lunch hour in the Windjammer ran from 11 am to 3 pm, with snacks from 3 pm to 5 pm in the forward part of Windjammer.

Express Departure (walk offs) started at 6:30 am. Diamond/Platinum departures (white tags) started around 7 am. We left during peak departures just after 8 am and were through customs/baggage claim by 9 am. It seemed the longest lines were leaving the ship (as you wrap around the Centrum on Deck 4), and again in US Immigration after you step off the ship.

If we go to the Platinum lounge, and get off as early as reported (7am, or so) can we call Super Shuttle and request an earlier pick up time? Or should we just wait till 8:30 or so to try and get off, knowing the lines will be longer then?:confused: We have in the past been either pretty local ( Norfolk and had our own transportation) or depending on RCI travel arrangements and have never done the connections with a taxi or shuttle service ourselves.

Thanks for all the questions answered already! :)

If we go to the Platinum lounge, and get off as early as reported (7am, or so) can we call Super Shuttle and request an earlier pick up time? Or should we just wait till 8:30 or so to try and get off, knowing the lines will be longer then?:confused: We have in the past been either pretty local ( Norfolk and had our own transportation) or depending on RCI travel arrangements and have never done the connections with a taxi or shuttle service ourselves.

Thanks for all the questions answered already! :)

The shuttles are just sort of "always there." They just line up and then take off when full. There's always another one comin' right behind. :)

After trying to glance through 45 pages of Monarch news, I had to stop, and decided to ask specific questions that I hope some of you regulars can answer.

The deck plan for the Monarch shows Johnny Rockets, Sorrentos and Compass Deli on deck 12. Are all of them really there? I didn't realize there was a JR on this ship.

On disembarking morning, is there a special place for Platinum and Diamond members to go and get light breakfast and off the ship by 9 am? We have reserved Super Shuttle for 9:40 -9:55 window time. Is that doable?

If we miss the lunch hours ( what are they anyway in the Windjammer?) where are the snacks, and is there a barbeque somewhere one day?

By the way, someone recently said there was a chocolate buffet , but I thought they were eliminated. What's the latest?

13 more days till the cruise ( Aug 4) :cool:

I think that you may have pulled up the Majesty's deck plans by accident. :)

Deck 12 on Monarch has Sorrentos and Jade Sushi, a paid sushi (as if you couldn't guess by the name) restaurant. There's also an area where they sometimes put out sandwiches or desserts.

There was a BBQ poolside on embarkation day and the sea day on our last cruise. Also a Mexican Fiesta BBQ for the midnight buffet (I'm going to budget my food intake for that one as it looked fabulous but I was full from dinner).

I have the Monarch deck plan on page 62 of the Mexico 2007-2008 vacation planner in front of me.By the way, the upper corner of the front cover says"UPDATED". On deck 12 it lists Johnny Rockets, Sorrento's ,Compass Deli very clearly. That is why I was very confused! ( and hopeful), but I have read most everything written about the ship since April and felt like it was incorrect.

MM- I was certainly not trying to start something , as I certainly have always appreciated your comments! ( I do admire you that you can travel as much as you seem to do- and usually know the answers!):)

As another poster has said ... specific times aren't really important for SuperShuttle. They are there for every sailing and know that there an be delays, early arrivals, etc. They will have a list of passengers and just cross you off when you get to the stand. They also will take passengers without reservations ... plenty of room in the vans, and plenty of fudge room in the times.

In the 2007-2008 Cruise Vacation Planner for Mexico, it has Johnny Rockets, Sorrento's, and Compass Deli listed on Deck 12 Forward for Monarch of the Seas.

In the 2007-2008 Cruise Vacation Planner for Mexico, it has Johnny Rockets, Sorrento's, and Compass Deli listed on Deck 12 Forward for Monarch of the Seas.

Jim- you must have the same exact planner I have. Our friends that are traveling with us were over, and pulled out their planner tonight,and theirs doesn't have JR listed. Guess the printer corrected the mistake!

I have the Monarch deck plan on page 62 of the Mexico 2007-2008 vacation planner in front of me.By the way, the upper corner of the front cover says"UPDATED". On deck 12 it lists Johnny Rockets, Sorrento's ,Compass Deli very clearly. That is why I was very confused! ( and hopeful), but I have read most everything written about the ship since April and felt like it was incorrect.

MM- I was certainly not trying to start something , as I certainly have always appreciated your comments! ( I do admire you that you can travel as much as you seem to do- and usually know the answers!):)

Jim- you must have the same exact planner I have. Our friends that are traveling with us were over, and pulled out their planner tonight,and theirs doesn't have JR listed. Guess the printer corrected the mistake!

Well, there you have it!

Check the deck plans on the website.

Monarch Deck 12: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/images/fleet/decks/main/mn/shp_mn_deck12_rc3_dpl.gif

shp_mn_deck12_rc3_dpl.gif

Majesty Deck 12:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/images/fleet/decks/main/mj/shp_mj_deck12_rc4_dpl.gif

shp_mj_deck12_rc4_dpl.gif

The canny people at RCI have misprinted their brochures again.

Archived