Rejected C&A Coupons

That's my understanding, but can he use either of these with a NC obc?

According to the OP of this thread,yes......until 7/31.......but this is the first any of us have heard about it..

So I understand the Visa benefits - that's applicable.

It's the NextCruise and Savings Certificates, I cannot combine, correct?

We dont know...........we thought no, but like I said above,the OP says differently...

Patty, did you receive this info in writing? It makes no sense that these are benefits, they are a sales tool to fill ships.(Not the military discount) Unless you have something in writing you shouldn't be posting something like this as it is misleading. I remember when you stated that Bank of America wasn't giving the OBC, rather it was RCI. You couldn't have been more wrong. I made reference to the email that someone named Simon posted as yours read very similar, but you added the senior and residency discounts.

Believe me, I'm not trying to pick on you. You usually give very insightful and helpful info, but I think you are dead wrong on this and it makes RCI look bad when someone gives erroneous info here.

Well, I definitely do not want to post erroneous or misleading information. And I certainly don't want to make RCI look bad.............but with the way things are going and the information that they are giving out from day to day...............they're doing a pretty good job of that all by themselves.:(

Anytime I have talked to anyone at RCI I have been told that the military/senior/residency rates were benefits. Now that may change.........I am just going on what I have always been told. And until I am told otherwise............I guess I will just keep the information to myself.;)

When you say they are sales tools to fill ships............you could be right............but with our Member's Cruise last September on Radiance where the ship filled up pretty quickly after the itinerary was released...........the military/senior/residency rates started popping up and many of our roll call got to take advantage.

Oh and can we just forget about that OBC and BofA??:o

Well, I definitely do not want to post erroneous or misleading information. And I certainly don't want to make RCI look bad.............but with the way things are going and the information that they are giving out from day to day...............they're doing a pretty good job of that all by themselves.:(

Anytime I have talked to anyone at RCI I have been told that the military/senior/residency rates were benefits. Now that may change.........I am just going on what I have always been told. And until I am told otherwise............I guess I will just keep the information to myself.;)

When you say they are sales tools to fill ships............you could be right............but with our Member's Cruise last September on Radiance where the ship filled up pretty quickly after the itinerary was released...........the military/senior/residency rates started popping up and many of our roll call got to take advantage.

Oh and can we just forget about that OBC and BofA??:o

Patty, do you have the email Simon(?) received from RCI. I don't, but would love to see it again. My recollection is that benefits are C&A balconey discounts, OBC Visa and stockholder obcs. Not sure there was anything else listed. It was a good summary and others might like to see it.

Again, not sure whyRCI would consider a senior or residency discount a benefit. It applies to everyone.

Ya, we'll forget that minor faux pas,:eek: you'll never hear it from me again.:D

Thanks.

Patty, do you have the email Simon(?) received from RCI. I don't, but would love to see it again. My recollection is that benefits are C&A balconey discounts, OBC Visa and stockholder obcs. Not sure there was anything else listed. It was a good summary and others might like to see it.

Again, not sure whyRCI would consider a senior or residency discount a benefit. It applies to everyone.

Ya, we'll forget that minor faux pas,:eek: you'll never hear it from me again.:D

Thanks.

I wish I knew where it was posted............but I do believe that what you have listed above as benefits are correct. I think that's what I listed.

Residency would apply to those living in the states that are offering the reduced rates but not all states offer the same reduced rates for the same sailings at the same time. Man, I'm confused after typing that.

Not everybody is OLD:D like me.............but heck, it they think it's to my benefit..........I can live with that!! LOL

Okay, I found it. Not sure it clears up much but here was a C&A response from a few months ago. Conclude what you want. We interrupted it to mean anything you get that is always there, C&A balcony discount, stock obc or Visa obc, are benefits for being a loyal royal, all others are offers as they do not apply all the time and are offered on a limited bases. I think I'm right, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

"Originally Posted by uksimonusa viewpost.gif

In the interest of clarification, we want to provide the following information. Any special "offer" is not combinable with another "offer." However, any "offer" is combinable with any "benefit." Additionally, any "benefit" is combinable with any other "benefit." Please see the following list of offers and benefits.

"Offers" include: Onboard credit for booking onboard

Membership Coupons

"Benefits" include: Balcony and Suite Discounts for Platinum and Diamond members

Onboard Credit for Shareholders

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 800-526-9723.

Simon, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Chelle Hanson

Crown & Anchor Society"

Okay, I found it. Not sure it clears up much but here was a C&A response from a few months ago. Conclude what you want. We interrupted it to mean anything you get that is always there, C&A balcony discount, stock obc or Visa obc, are benefits for being a loyal royal, all others are offers as they do not apply all the time and are offered on a limited bases. I think I'm right, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

"Originally Posted by uksimonusa viewpost.gif

In the interest of clarification, we want to provide the following information. Any special "offer" is not combinable with another "offer." However, any "offer" is combinable with any "benefit." Additionally, any "benefit" is combinable with any other "benefit." Please see the following list of offers and benefits.

"Offers" include: Onboard credit for booking onboard

Membership Coupons

"Benefits" include: Balcony and Suite Discounts for Platinum and Diamond members

Onboard Credit for Shareholders

We did initially receive our OBC for booking our NextCruise and we did receive our Diamond Discount, however, the coupon was not applied.

I checked my invoice to my balance on their web page and it does appear that the credit for the coupon has been applied. However, I know that they can always recind their "offer" of the coupon.

Deb

Debbi, no need to explain.........you didn't have to post what you learned today...............but it was good that you brought this to everyone's attention. At least folks still have time to make a call.

Thank you for your kind words. I know I do not post often because there are way more people on these boards with more experience than I have. I just wanted to help those obtain the offers they were entitled to.

I love cruising and I feel it is an excellent value. When we cruise we cruise to enjoy ourselves. But if RCCL is going to offer an incentive to us, I will jump on it in a heartbeat. Besides, the 50.00 coupon gives me $50.00 more to spend in the bar (lol).

Debbi

I'm just throwing this in to the mix to see if anyone knows the answer. If you have booked a cruise with a Next Cruise (or onboard) and you have $XXX of OBC, if a C&A coupon comes out for your cruise and the coupon is larger than your OBC can you then choose to use the coupon and give up your OBC?

I'm just throwing this in to the mix to see if anyone knows the answer. If you have booked a cruise with a Next Cruise (or onboard) and you have $XXX of OBC, if a C&A coupon comes out for your cruise and the coupon is larger than your OBC can you then choose to use the coupon and give up your OBC?

The answer to that one is "YES".

These Next cruise things are driving us all nuts! LOL:D Ok, I have several booked and here is the way it was explained to me on my last booking a couple of weeks ago.

I had received several coupons that were rejected on Next Cruises. When I booked the last cruise a couple of weeks ago I asked C & A what the deal was. I was told that YES you can use coupons on Next Cruises BUT you can only choose to either take the coupon discount OR take your onboard credit. In many cases the OBC is much more then the coupon is worth so they just reject it ( instead of explaining it) as they know you would want the higher OBC. When we buy Next cruises we are already getting a perk so to speak with the OBC so they do not want to give us another one in the way of a coupon discount but we can choose which one we want.

I have received coupons for 50.00/25.00 BUT there are coupons for 50/75.00 also and in the case of say a 5 night Bermuda the next cruise OBC is 50.00 so if you had the 75.00 coupon you would choose that instead of the OBC.

You can still get as much OBC as you want from other sources such as in my case shareholders, Visa, Next cruise OBC, TA OBC. You will still receive your C & A balcony and up discount and my diamond discount has been applied to everyone of them. This is how all my current cruises have been done. :)

Of course you can call and get 3 different answers also but that's my story! :D

Just to clarify the coupons I was talking about are the Thank You coupons. I haven't attempted a C & A certificate as of yet but I'm sure that will be another saga :D

There is no question that RCCL reps have given out incorrect info about the Next Cruise program and coupons at times so it's no ones fault on this thread as we have all been told various things. If anyone is giving out incorrect info it's RCCL not any of us when it pertains to this subject. We can only post our own experience:) My emails that I received from RCCL about the Thank You coupons that had been rejected before stated they could not be combined with a Next Cruise period. Others received the same emails as I did as they were posted on other threads. They never explained benefits or that we had a choice to use coupon or choose OBC. It remains an ongoing adventure:D

Now, just because I was told that military/senior/residency discounts were benefits.................does not mean that tomorrow or next week or even next month they still will be!

Folks...........they are changing the rules as the game goes on!

I agree with this:) Changing Next Cruise rules is one of the issues that did happen at least once that I know of. As of Dec. 15, they did change the amount of OBC for a 9 night cruise from 200.00 to 100.00 without warning to those that bought them a couple days before. However, so far on the Next cruises that I had purchased in the summer of 2007 the 200.00 has been honored on 9 night sail dates I have booked after the Dec. 15 change when I booked dates in March. If you read the bottom of the contract it says OBC amount will be determined at time of booking sail date so they can always change that to what they want as it leaves it open ended.

This is a little off of the subject, but along the same line, we booked a cruise on our last cruise an got the OBC. Is there any way to find out if thats on my account or do you need to call, or do you just show up an assume it will be right when yoy get there. I didn't want to start my cruise off by having to argue about the OBC.

This is a little off of the subject, but along the same line, we booked a cruise on our last cruise an got the OBC. Is there any way to find out if thats on my account or do you need to call, or do you just show up an assume it will be right when yoy get there. I didn't want to start my cruise off by having to argue about the OBC.

That OBC should show up on your booking confirmation.......make sure you ask your TA or RCCL(if you booked directly) to send you one............then print it out and take it with you on the cruise....just in case,it doesnt show up(has happened to me,but I had the proof with me):)

If you read the "Terms and Conditions" of any of these "offers" maybe some of the confusion will go away. When we booked our first NC we were told by the LA it wasn't combinable as stated in the "Terms and Conditions" but sometimes the rules were bent. From my understading, RCI has decided to stop bending the rules effective 31 July. Please read the small print as I think it will clear up some of the questions here.

We were on board the Sovereign 7/11. Booked the Freedom 12/6/09. Received our diamond discount and $100 OBC. When we got home, faxed a $50 thank you coupon. Received an email that it was applied to our 12/6 cruise. I checked and it was. No problems at all. I guess we were lucky!

We have decided not to buy any more Next Cruise bookings. We have one more left and will use it on the Oasis. We will book while on cruises in the future.

Just off the phone with C and A...booked a last minute cruise using a NC........asked about using the thank you coupon and yes,you now have till July 31st......so now I have 2 coupons(2 different cruises) waiting to be applied.

Thank you OP!!:)

Just off the phone with C and A...booked a last minute cruise using a NC........asked about using the thank you coupon and yes,you now have till July 31st......so now I have 2 coupons(2 different cruises) waiting to be applied.

Thank you OP!!:)

See, I wasn't trying to stir the pot and start trouble! I just wanted to let everyone know what I found out. Glad that you were able to get your discounts as well. Now, we all will have a few more dollars to spend at the bar (lol).

Debbi

Gee, I believed the person I spoke to at C&A when they told me as of 7/1/08 you couldn't combine NC and coupons, so I booked a cruise without using my NC just so I could use a thank you coupon. Now I find out I could have done both. Oh well, it's a short cruise and the OBC would only have been $50, so I'll save the NC to use on a longer cruise. And then if C&A coupon comes up for that cruise and it is higher than the OBC, I will switch to that.

My parents have a cruise booked for Feb on Jewel that started as a next cruise. Last month I saw it listed as having a senior discount. I let my mom know and she was able to have the discount applied.

I have the RC Visa card and was thinking of turning in some points for an OBC certificate and applying it to their cruise as a gift.

I'm getting confused so please help. If they already have the next cruise OBC and senior discount, can I give them a Visa point OBC also or will that be rejected?

Archived