fantasy cabin

tugboatjulie

first timers...DH prone to motion sickness...

is upper deck too high? don't think we'd like vibration/noise on riviera. main not an option.

and, inside cabin/mid ship (maybe U82) or oceanview (maybe more aft...U166)

how do you know if it's a picture window or porthole?

thanks. Julie

What ship and cruise line are we talking about? Normally you will have a smoother ride on deck 6 or 7 towards the middle of the ship. The higher you go the more chance of the ship rocking. If your spouse get motion sickness easily; suggest you get a doctors prescription for Transdermscope. It's a small round patch you wear behind your ear. It releases a anti nausea med for about a week. It won't wash off in the shower. My wife wore one on our first cruise and never felt sick.

first timers...DH prone to motion sickness...

is upper deck too high? don't think we'd like vibration/noise on riviera. main not an option.

and, inside cabin/mid ship (maybe U82) or oceanview (maybe more aft...U166)

how do you know if it's a picture window or porthole?

thanks. Julie

any cat 6 is an oceanview with a full window.- a port hole cabin is a 5A. looking at the deck plan will show you th difference- Port hole cabins are located at the front of the ship.

IF the ship experiences vibration you will feel that no matter what deck you are on-- mostly in the aft of the ship.

Being on the riveria deck--if you stay BEFORE the aft elevators you will be fine from the vibrations.

Try to stay as close to the aft elevators though-- it will give you the easiest access to the food/pools.

Do not book a cabin directly under the galley.

The general rule of thumb for those unaccustomed to sailing is LOW AND MID. Most of us start out that way and move up, fore and aft as we become comfortable at sea.

The inside cabins are just that - inside with no natural light. They are of course less expensive, and there are tons of posts by people who swear they are never in their cabins and don't miss the light. We had an inside cabin on our first cruise over 20 years ago but never since. I like watching the sea.

Most find that cabins on sandwiched decks are the quietest. Those are the decks with cabins both above and below yours.

Try to avoid a connecting cabin. They are configured differently and usually have less sitting options.

Consult a cruise specalist to help you make the best choice for you.

We probably felt the least movement on our two Fantasy cruises of any until this past May on the Glory. Did the exact same itinerary as Fantasy #2 6 months later on Elation and was queasy the whole time even though the seas looked smoother. Go figure.

Was in R140 (OV) and R133 (inside). Both were fine. I personally prefer insides to OV (think having that window is a waste of money). I much prefer having a nice, dark cabin than having a window to look out. When I want to see out, I get off my butt, climb a couple of flights of stairs and walk out on deck! I need all the exercise I can get!

If you know you're subject to motion sickness, try ginger + bonine, if you haven't done so. Started this before my Miracle cruise and had ZERO problems on Miracle or on Glory.

I'll be in U99 on Fascination in December. I'm anticipating no problems. Haven't been in a "sideways" cabin yet. Hope I don't get lost! :p

Archived