"share the wealth" coupons

cruz guy

When we cruised last December we purchased 2 future cruise credits.

Should we have gotten a share the wealth coupon also, or did we need to book a specific cruise to get a share the wealth coupon?

We are now planning our next cruise and plan to bring some friends with. Just trying to see how to get a share the wealth coupon, or have they discontinued that program?

When we cruised last December we purchased 2 future cruise credits.

Should we have gotten a share the wealth coupon also, or did we need to book a specific cruise to get a share the wealth coupon?

We are now planning our next cruise and plan to bring some friends with. Just trying to see how to get a share the wealth coupon, or have they discontinued that program?

Yes, you should have gotten one coupon for each FCC and one coupon is good for 2 couples. When you book your cruise tell Princess or your TA that when you bought your FCC's they neglected to give them to you. I would suspect that your friends will be able to get the benefits too. Just be aware that they will have to pay the regular deposit, not the reduced one, but they will get the OBC.

Pia

Yes, you should have gotten one coupon for each FCC and one coupon is good for 2 couples. When you book your cruise tell Princess or your TA that when you bought your FCC's they neglected to give them to you. I would suspect that your friends will be able to get the benefits too. Just be aware that they will have to pay the regular deposit, not the reduced one, but they will get the OBC.

Pia -

I booked an "open booking" while I was on my cruise. The sales agent (whatever you call the booking rep), never gave us share the wealth coupon.

Should I call Princess?

When you book a FCC, you have to ask for the Share The Wealth coupons. You can send them in for friends to share the OBC. They would receive the same OBC as you. I don't know if you can get that benefit without the coupon. If you have a TA, they might have a coupon to share with you.

When you book a FCC, you have to ask for the Share The Wealth coupons. You can send them in for friends to share the OBC. They would receive the same OBC as you. I don't know if you can get that benefit without the coupon. If you have a TA, they might have a coupon to share with you.

I have never asked for a Share the Wealth. they just automatically include two with my receipt. Also, how can a person who know's nothing about it, ask for it?

Pia -

I booked an "open booking" while I was on my cruise. The sales agent (whatever you call the booking rep), never gave us share the wealth coupon.

Should I call Princess?

Yes Chris. I would call, but call the Princess Circle reps, not the babies who answer the phones and know nothing.

I always ask for the coupons when I purchase the FCC's. One time when I didn't ask, I didn't get. Didn't realize until I got home that I didn't have the coupons. I wrote a letter to passenger relations and explained the situation regarding not receiving them on the ship. I included my sailing date, booking number and FCC numbers that were on my confirmations. I requested two coupons and they were mailed to me.

I am under the impression that you can book a future cruise using only one FCC per cabin. Then, the second person in the cabin can book for $100 deposit, and take advantage of the same FCC. Is this correct?

This is what we plan to do for our next cruise. We will be travelling with another couple (new to cruising) so we will use two of our FCC's to book two cabins, and put one of our friends in each cabin (on paper of course!)

I would love one of you expert cruisers to advise if I am correct in assuming we can do this???

Thanks!

I am under the impression that you can book a future cruise using only one FCC per cabin. Then' date=' the second person in the cabin can book for $100 deposit, and take advantage of the same FCC. Is this correct?

This is what we plan to do for our next cruise. We will be travelling with another couple (new to cruising) so we will use two of our FCC's to book two cabins, and put one of our friends in each cabin (on paper of course!)

I would love one of you expert cruisers to advise if I am correct in assuming we can do this???

Thanks![/quote']

Yes you can book two cabins with the FCC's, but they both will have to be in the names on your FCC's. Your friends names cannot appear on the reservation. Or, each friend can have his/her name as the 2nd person in the cabin with your or your spouse. Too much trouble when it comes to credit card billing. Just use a Share the Wealth, have them pay the regular deposit and they will still get the same OBC.

Pia

You can get it but it is a lot of hassle! We didn't know about the coupons but did get the benefit when we booked my inlaws to go to Alaska with us. Princess asked if we had these coupons and I kept telling them no one had given us any.

Each person -- even a couple in one cabin -- can have his/her own credit card at check-in. However, the problem will be with the photo on the card when leaving the ships at the ports of call if the cards are simply swapped to match the cabin after boarding without going through the purser's desk.

Too much trouble when it comes to credit card billing. Just use a Share the Wealth, have them pay the regular deposit and they will still get the same OBC.

Pia

This is what we plan to do for our next cruise. We will be travelling with another couple (new to cruising) so we will use two of our FCC's to book two cabins' date=' and put one of our friends in each cabin (on paper of course!)[/quote']

As long as the FCC is in the name of one of the people booked in the cabin, you can do this.

If, for example, all your FCCs are in one spouse's name, you cannot as you would have to book the same spouse in both cabins.

I have never asked for a Share the Wealth. they just automatically include two with my receipt. Also, how can a person who know's nothing about it, ask for it?

Pia, same here. Never ask for them, in fact, I don't even speak to the future cruise sales agent. I just fill out the form, drop it in the box, and the FCC and share the wealth coupons show up in my mailbox within about 24 hours onboard.

Yes you can book two cabins with the FCC's, but they both will have to be in the names on your FCC's. Your friends names cannot appear on the reservation. Or, each friend can have his/her name as the 2nd person in the cabin with your or your spouse. Too much trouble when it comes to credit card billing. Just use a Share the Wealth, have them pay the regular deposit and they will still get the same OBC.

Pia

Pia, We did this for our up and coming cruise. My daughter and I have the full suit (used my FCC'S for her), My husband and son-inlaw have a inside stateroom (used another FCC for them). My son has his own stateroom and we could only use the SHARE THE WEALTH COUPON. But in regards to the billing,,,,my daughter and son-in-law are using their cc. My husband and my son and I are all on another cc. Whatever they charge should go on their cc and not on ours,,,,,I HOPE!!!! Oh by the way,,,,my daughter and husband WILL CHANGE rooms when we get on board.

Pia, same here. Never ask for them, in fact, I don't even speak to the future cruise sales agent. I just fill out the form, drop it in the box, and the FCC and share the wealth coupons show up in my mailbox within about 24 hours onboard.

Same here also..

If they just swap cards, then they have to keep swapping cards when they leave / enter the ship at each port (to match the photo)! If you have the Purser's desk re-issue cards to them, I wonder whether questions will be asked.

Oh by the way,,,,my daughter and husband WILL CHANGE rooms when we get on board.

Pia, We did this for our up and coming cruise. My daughter and I have the full suit (used my FCC'S for her), My husband and son-inlaw have a inside stateroom (used another FCC for them). My son has his own stateroom and we could only use the SHARE THE WEALTH COUPON. But in regards to the billing,,,,my daughter and son-in-law are using their cc. My husband and my son and I are all on another cc. Whatever they charge should go on their cc and not on ours,,,,,I HOPE!!!! Oh by the way,,,,my daughter and husband WILL CHANGE rooms when we get on board.

I certainly hope so, unless of course your husband would prefer to give his daughter the suite and take the inside cabin with your SIL. :D

I've noticed the share the wealth coupons have a note (which I am not totally understanding) about using them in a 2 year period. Two years from when? The FCC needs to be used within 4 years of issue, so does that mean the share the wealth coupon is for a lesser time frame? Has anyone tried to use them on a 3 year old FCC?

I've noticed the share the wealth coupons have a note (which I am not totally understanding) about using them in a 2 year period. Two years from when? The FCC needs to be used within 4 years of issue, so does that mean the share the wealth coupon is for a lesser time frame? Has anyone tried to use them on a 3 year old FCC?

Yep, it's right there in the very tiny print that they are only good for two years. (I had to find mine to read the bottom). I am going to guess that could be why occasionally some have trouble using them. Since an FCC is good for four years, the way this is worded, it is only good for the first two years of the date the FCC was purchased. Interesting, never read that tiny print before. But then we have never gone more than a year without a booking, so it could be why I never paid much attention to it. Interesting though!

Yep, it's right there in the very tiny print that they are only good for two years. (I had to find mine to read the bottom). I am going to guess that could be why occasionally some have trouble using them. Since an FCC is good for four years, the way this is worded, it is only good for the first two years of the date the FCC was purchased. Interesting, never read that tiny print before. But then we have never gone more than a year without a booking, so it could be why I never paid much attention to it. Interesting though!

Hi Toto.....I'm looking at one now; never noticed it before either. However, they are not dated; mine are blank. The rep hardly ever fills them out and we just submitted some for our family cruise Thanksgiving and just filled them in ourselves. The coupon itself has a 2006 issue date in the lower left corner, so I suppose that's what they look at.

Pia

Hi Toto.....I'm looking at one now; never noticed it before either. However, they are not dated; mine are blank. The rep hardly ever fills them out and we just submitted some for our family cruise Thanksgiving and just filled them in ourselves. The coupon itself has a 2006 issue date in the lower left corner, so I suppose that's what they look at.

Pia

Pia, every once in awhile mine are filled out, but usually blank also. My guess, and again, only a guess, is that when you fill them out as to which cruise you purchased them on (the light blue highlighted section), that tells them the date you were onboard booking that future cruise. So, I am thinking that they go by the date that is filled in where the original FCC was purchased and calculate two years from that date for the share the wealth coupons.

Archived