What are The Jewels of Seas secrets-shhh we won't tell

We're booked on the Jewel for an 11 day Panama trip in April of 09. Since we've never sailed on her before. We're hoping to learn some neat things about this ship and the Panama cruise Before we sail! Any comments on the ship or excursions would be a great help! :cool:

Make sure you take the glass elevators all the way to the top while facing out to sea for a nice surprise. Then while you are up there go and visit the Loyal Ambassador and make sure you look straight down in the glass table. Beware though if heights bother you.

You'll need to roam about the ship during the canal transit--that way, you'll get to experience the canal from all angles and levels. Don't plan on planting yourself on your balcony for this! If you go down to the promenade, you'll be almost at "canal" level--hopefully, there will be another ship in the parallell canal at the same time the Jewel is--it's awesome being 5 ft. from another HUGE ship!!!

This is no secret, but it's HOT in Panama and the sun will bake you in nothing flat! Wear sunscreen and reapply often!!!!

Did they have the soft serve ice cream out by the pool area and does the Solarium still serve pizza at night?

The ice cream was at the back of the windjammer just before you go into the windjammer cafe outdoors

And pizza was served in the solarium at night

Ok....our favorite place is the solarium. Great place for a bite to eat between meals (as if I needed more food). The crepes are made to order and are delicious!!! If you want to hang out there on at-sea days you will probably have to get there early (they do have a small variety of items for breakfast) as people tend to stay for a good long time (myself included).

Have fun...the Jewel is my favorite ship....so far.

Love the Jewel and her sister, the Brilliance. Take a leisurely stroll up or down the staircases and view the art work. Photos from both ships in the link below.

Almost forgot, ask at the Purser's desk for a Map of the Panama Canal; they had them on the Brilliance but only if you asked for one.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

What wonderful hints, and beautiful pictures, she is a beauty! Can't wait, just 229 more days till we cruise. I have lots to learn:p , keep the replies coming, we appreciate them very much! Thanks for sending the pictures also!:)

Again Thanks!

Jan

What wonderful hints, and beautiful pictures, she is a beauty! Can't wait, just 229 more days till we cruise. I have lots to learn:p , keep the replies coming, we appreciate them very much! Thanks for sending the pictures also!:)

Again Thanks!

Jan

Hi, Jan. We'll be getting on the ship as you are departing...we're so excited too. We've never done the Panama Canal before either. Thanks for starting this thread.

Susan

The ice cream was at the back of the windjammer just before you go into the windjammer cafe outdoors

And pizza was served in the solarium at night

Much thanks for your reply. We were on Radiance and all I could remember was right before you entered the Windjammer on the Starboard side, there was an outside drink station and sitting area (cocoa, coffee etc) that also lead out to the pool deck area. I thought I remembered seeing an ice cream machine in there, but my memory is failing at that point!:o I just like having a couple of cones when sitting out by the pool without having to enter the Windjammer area.

Have a wonderful time on the Jewel we loved her last year and seaview cafe was great, wonderful milk shakes they were extra. Before we left I read reviews saying you had to try the fish and chips I did not the greatest had better, but love the milk shakes:D .

Love the glass elevators especially the ones facing the ocean. We just loved that ship.

Christine

There is a secret passageway.........either on deck 6 or 7 forward, that will lead you to the bow of the ship and the helipad. From there you can be just one deck above where all of the lines are connected to the "mules" that help guide the ship, so that the sides never touch the walls of the canal.

It's an incredible view from the bow!!

Rick

Thanks for the thread.. We are going on the JOS 11/7/08.. I can hardly wait... We have always wanted to see the canal and finally decided to bite the bullet and go for my 50th BD... I checked out the meet and mingle, but so far there are not very many registered for my date.

I'll bet our 11 days flies by while we're checking out all these neat secrets about the Jewel. Thank You so much! Is there anything else we should know about. Any excursions that you really enjoyed, ship or private?:confused:

Thanks!

Jan

I'll bet our 11 days flies by while we're checking out all these neat secrets about the Jewel. Thank You so much! Is there anything else we should know about. Any excursions that you really enjoyed, ship or private?:confused:

Thanks!

Jan

I did the Brilliance to the Panama and not sure of your ports but if you are going to Costa Rica I highly recommend the white water rafting. It was one of the best tours I have ever taken.

BTW I will be on the TA in less then two weeks so if there is anything is particular you would like a picture of let me know.

I did the Brilliance to the Panama and not sure of your ports but if you are going to Costa Rica I highly recommend the white water rafting. It was one of the best tours I have ever taken.

BTW I will be on the TA in less then two weeks so if there is anything is particular you would like a picture of let me know.

Sue my DH does not swim. Is this safe enough for him, or are they real rapids as in White Water Rafting? Curious as this sounds like fun, if it doesn't put DH in immediate peril! :) We have a hump cabin on 10th deck, just in case your camera is handy! LOL

Thanks for the info!

Jan

Archived