What are The Jewels of Seas secrets-shhh we won't tell

Sue my DH does not swim. Is this safe enough for him, or are they real rapids as in White Water Rafting? Curious as this sounds like fun, if it doesn't put DH in immediate peril! :)

Thanks for the info!

Jan

We all had life vests on, and yes there we real rapids but not wild ones. But with 6 rafts no one fell out. I was 48 when I did it with two lousy knees and two lousy hips. It was soooooo much fun and a extremely organized tour that came with a wonderful lunch.

Not as exciting as the previous posts but it may save you some time to enjoy the other suggestions.

If you are to use a laptop, the fastest wireless connection can be found in the Schooner Bar on deck 6.

Photos from the April Trans/atl crossing

http://public.fotki.com/SpringTx/jewel-of-the-seas/

These are excellent quality photos and help us get excited for our upcoming Westbound Trans-Atlantic on the Jewel. I especially liked the Honfleur shots since we will be spending the day there in a couple of weeks.

Coincidently, we were in Amsterdam last April on a Holland / Belgium TulipTime River Cruise and our Canal Boat Tour passed by the moored Jewel. What a surprise when we got close enough to that huge ship ( compared to anything else in Amsterdam ) and found out it was the Ship we would be on in a few months !:)

PS. I didn't see many pictures from The Red Light District, but of course I wouldn't have been in any of them anyhow.;)

There is a secret passageway.........either on deck 6 or 7 forward, that will lead you to the bow of the ship and the helipad. From there you can be just one deck above where all of the lines are connected to the "mules" that help guide the ship, so that the sides never touch the walls of the canal.

It's an incredible view from the bow!!

Rick

Thanks for that secret, would never have found it on our own. Any more excursion ideas or shhhh secrets of the Jewel?

Jan

We're neighbors with Spring -- who originally posted the photos of the Jewel TA. We also live in Spring, TX.

Awww, Thank You! I was feeling a bit paronoid for a moment! LOL!!!!! I have met quite a few local cruisers on the boards, but none out here in the country just south and west of Columbus OH! :)

Sue L.

Did you take a RCCL or private white water excursion?

Thanks

M

We did it through the ship and it was fantastic. We had 2 people who booked it privately and they were with a guide and just them in the boat but they were with out whole group so not much difference. We had a brand new bus and fantastic guides.

We're sailing on the Jewel this November for the Panana Canal and this thread has made me all the more excited about the cruise. This will be the our first time with RCI and many have told me that it is similar to Princess. She does look like a beautiful ship:D !!

Thanks for the thread.. We are going on the JOS 11/7/08.. I can hardly wait... We have always wanted to see the canal and finally decided to bite the bullet and go for my 50th BD... I checked out the meet and mingle, but so far there are not very many registered for my date.

Come join our roll call here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=543998&page=15

The Jewel is a beautiful ship! Can't wait to get back on her again! :D :D

We sailed Princess last fall, the Crown in the Southern Caribbean. If you ask us, we love RCCL hands down over Princess. The ships are so much easier to navagate, and everyone loves to spoil you. We think the food is much better also!

Jan

We sailed Princess last fall, the Crown in the Southern Caribbean. If you ask us, we love RCCL hands down over Princess. The ships are so much easier to navagate, and everyone loves to spoil you. We think the food is much better also!

Jan

Its funny that you should mention food. A friend of mine did both lines as well and thought the opposite and I've read several reviews here at Cruise Critic where, although most of reviewers loved the experience, they did mention that the food was mediocre. I can't compare yet but we found the food on all our Prirncess cruises quite good.

I just got off the jewel on Wednesday. Great time on our European cruise. At least on this cruise - there was no breakfast food in the solarium and no crepes. There was pizza, tuna wraps, hot dogs, hummus....

There is a thermal suite that you can buy for the day or the cruise. One complaint I had was that two of the port nights it was unavailable as they sold a "ladies night spa package" for those nights. Yet, when you book it - they tell you that it's available for the duration of the cruise.

Its funny that you should mention food. A friend of mine did both lines as well and thought the opposite and I've read several reviews here at Cruise Critic where, although most of reviewers loved the experience, they did mention that the food was mediocre. I can't compare yet but we found the food on all our Prirncess cruises quite good.

I'm sure everyone has their opinions. In our opinion of the two cruises we've taken, we've much preferred RCL. I've heard just the reverse also, and some prefer Celebrity over both Princess and RCL. You just never know! The Crown which we sailed with Princess was pretty cut up and hard to find where you needed to be. We have just found that RCL ships are much easier to navagate and we prefer their food choices and styles of preperation!

Bon Appetite'

Hi Ya Dawn!

Everyone, just keep those hints and great excursion ideas for Panama coming! DH and I have never sailed the Radience Class ships before nor sailed the area in Panama! We're trying to learn as much as we can so we can see and do as much as we can! Thanks for the hints and info, it's greatly appreciated!

I just got off the jewel on Wednesday. Great time on our European cruise. At least on this cruise - there was no breakfast food in the solarium and no crepes. There was pizza, tuna wraps, hot dogs, hummus....

There is a thermal suite that you can buy for the day or the cruise. One complaint I had was that two of the port nights it was unavailable as they sold a "ladies night spa package" for those nights. Yet, when you book it - they tell you that it's available for the duration of the cruise.

how much is the thermal suite charge? can you book ahead of time for a certain day or is it first come first served?

Archived