HAL to return to NY in 2010

cruiservictor

I have been trying to book this cruise for days :( .

My TA says it's not available to book yet.

HAL sales people say it's not ready to book yet.

They say there's no pricing yet.

They aren't even able to tell me if it's a 7 day sailing.

How are the FCC's booking it already?

Just curious.....

I was told TAs would have all info in a few months, after HAL is ready to release bookings to the public.

Booked it on Eurodam a few days ago, so I got dibs on my date choices, and cabin.

Ask the FCC when you get on board next month.

:)

when you booked - did you notice if the ship will be in Hamilton for 3.5 days or do hamilton & St George - either way its a winner!!!

Back in teh 1980's you could do either itin & one that included Bermuda / Nassau Bahamas...

enjoy!!!

Done deal ;)

I put some money down while on board Eurodam on Sunday.

Booked the 1st sailing in Aug 2010.

:)

when you booked - did you notice if the ship will be in Hamilton for 3.5 days or do hamilton & St George - either way its a winner!!!

Back in teh 1980's you could do either itin & one that included Bermuda / Nassau Bahamas...

enjoy!!!

They told me it was more likely doing both ports, but nothing's confirmed yet.

All the details will be finalized by 2009 ... give or take a month.

Worked out very well, and they gave me extra OBC.

Veronica never told me about extra credit for NY-Bermuda.

Are they really taking insurance now as I would not purchase HAL insurance in this case, which would be 2 years in advance. How is that being handled?

Veronica never told me about extra credit for NY-Bermuda.

Are they really taking insurance now as I would not purchase HAL insurance in this case, which would be 2 years in advance. How is that being handled?

I turned down the insurance option when I gave Veronica my paperwork.

Like you, I shop around for other policies before finalizing my plans.

Are you thinking of doing the Bermuda run? :)

Come on along ... plenty of cabins available. :D ;)

any idea when the Veendam/Bermuda cruises will be available for booking? So far I don't see anything mentioned on the HAL website.

BTW>>> I noticed in your signature "Friend of Hyacinth"... Were you referring to Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) from "Keeping Up Appearances"? LOVE that show!! :D

any idea when the Veendam/Bermuda cruises will be available for booking? So far I don't see anything mentioned on the HAL website.

BTW>>> I noticed in your signature "Friend of Hyacinth"... Were you referring to Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) from "Keeping Up Appearances"? LOVE that show!! :D

They're taking booking requests on board right now. I gave them my dep after I found out after the announcement.

Long story ... :D :cool:

It started on the Cunard board from a friend of mine in Manchester.

I'll see if I can find it.

now that sounds interesting. I thought it would be END of August and then I'd wait for 2011, but Aug. 7th would be PERFECT :D

If it does begin on that date I won't have to wait until 2011 either:D ! My husband agreed to go to Bermuda on the Veendam already. This is great because he's not that into cruises, but he did love remaining docked in Bermuda (St. George & Hamilton). I'd love to book soon.

Looking forward to this cruise!

I have a question for all you HAL experts. Why doesn't Hal have any cruises leaving from NYC or Boston to go to warmer climates? I get the impression that they want to attract a younger group of passengers. A 7-10 caribbean cruise from NYC or the east coast would seem to be perfect. Anytime we've sailed other lines from there the cruise has been packed.

I have a question for all you HAL experts. Why doesn't Hal have any cruises leaving from NYC or Boston to go to warmer climates? I get the impression that they want to attract a younger group of passengers. A 7-10 caribbean cruise from NYC or the east coast would seem to be perfect. Anytime we've sailed other lines from there the cruise has been packed.

There has been alot of debate on this.. Try reading through this thread..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=730996&highlight=NYC+Cruises

There are alot of us that would love to see NYC or Boston winter runs to the Caribbean..

Bulldog

I'm afraid you missed the boat on this one!

The Noordam was in NYC in the winter from January '06 until this past April, with a 10 day itinerary to the Caribbean. We cruised her twice, and loved it. For whatever reason, they are dropping that itinerary and she will be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale this winter.

Lots of complaints. And lots of requests to resume a cruise to Bermuda. So this is exciting news.

I have never sailed from NY/NYC yet. I live by Atlantic city and it would be convienient not to fly to FLA but the prices to leave nyc are much more that fla with a flight in. I sailed the Zuiderdam last fall from Lauderdale and met a nice mix of people, not too many from nj/ny area. When we docked in Tortola the Noordam came in from NYC and all the NJ/NY yahoos were on the pier looking obnoxious wearing their Giants/eagles jerseys sporting the rude Northeast attitudes. I was so glad not to be on that ship for that very reason. I just read a report of a big problem on the Carnival Miracle out of NYC that the passengers staged a mob seen of about 300 people yelling for refunds and totally out of control due to an itinerary change because of the hurricane. It clearly states that the line can change the plan as they see fit due to bad weather. Would they have preferred to lounge by the pool at Margaritaville in Grand turk with 135 mile per hour winds? Once again giving a bad rap to NY/NJ cruisers. I think I will stick with southwest flights to Fla and a better, more behaved, friendlier crowd.

When we docked in Tortola the Noordam came in from NYC and all the NJ/NY yahoos were on the pier looking obnoxious wearing their Giants/eagles jerseys sporting the rude Northeast attitudes. I was so glad not to be on that ship for that very reason. .

Ouch!! That must of been the once a year charter for the "Rude Northeasteners"..:rolleyes:

I have sailed twice on the Noordam out of NYC and had two of my best cruises.. Did meet plenty of friendly Northeasteners..:)

Bulldog

"YeaYeaYea - I have never sailed from NY/NYC yet. I live by Atlantic city and it would be convienient not to fly to FLA but the prices to leave nyc are much more that fla with a flight in. I sailed the Zuiderdam last fall from Lauderdale and met a nice mix of people, not too many from nj/ny area. When we docked in Tortola the Noordam came in from NYC and all the NJ/NY yahoos were on the pier looking obnoxious wearing their Giants/eagles jerseys sporting the rude Northeast attitudes. I was so glad not to be on that ship for that very reason. I just read a report of a big problem on the Carnival Miracle out of NYC that the passengers staged a mob seen of about 300 people yelling for refunds and totally out of control due to an itinerary change because of the hurricane. It clearly states that the line can change the plan as they see fit due to bad weather. Would they have preferred to lounge by the pool at Margaritaville in Grand turk with 135 mile per hour winds? Once again giving a bad rap to NY/NJ cruisers. I think I will stick with southwest flights to Fla and a better, more behaved, friendlier crowd."

Being an ex-New Yorker, current DC resident who took the Noordam to Tortola and was on the Miracle Hell Cruise - I have to protest. I never wear a Giants or Eagles jersey and my rudeness is in no way caused by my birthplace. I'm just generally obnoxious...

P.S. - I will say it over and over and over. Not everyone was angry about the itinerary change itself. That is expected and safe practice. Some of us were deeply insulted by the poor customer service choices.

It's funny. One of the reasons I was so upset with that trip is that I came back from the Noordam Thanksgiving cruise last year in a state of bliss.

We have cruised Carnival twice, NCL twice, Princess once, HAL once, and RCL once. I have never experienced a cruise where everything came together for me the way it did last fall. The customer service was magnificent, our dinner companions were interesting almost every night, the islands were fun and beautiful.

If HAL really will be adding a NY to Bermuda run, I'll be aboard.

Archived