HAL to return to NY in 2010

cruiservictor

At our Eurodam meet and greet this morning, several of us expressed to Hotel Manager Stan Kuppens our disappointment at the fact that HAL was no longer going to be sailing out of New York. He told us that, in fact, an announcement was going to be made today that HAL would send the Veendam to NY for Bermuda cruises in 2010. He didn't mention whether it would do a full season from NY or what specific ports in Bermuda would be visited. But it brought smiles to the faces of many of us.

As a side note, HAL Chairman and CEO Stein Kruse is on board . Maybe we should stop him when we see him and say thank you.....

We heard that several months ago and are very excited about it.

HAL going to Bermuda on a regular schedule is excellent news IMO

I wish it were Noordam.

To have Maasdam from Boston and Noordam from New York to Bermuda...... we'd be in cruise heaven!

This is an answer to my dreams...I have been hoping for so long that HAL would sail to Bermuda once again! It's been the subject of several threads here over the past year or so...perhaps they listened to us! Thanks for the "head's up!"

Has anything been said about placing another HAL ship in Tampa when they place the Veendam in NY in 2010? Living in Florida it is an easy port for us to get to. We also enjoyed cruising a few years back out of Port Canaveral on the Zaandam. Wish they would put another ship there.

So excited to hear this. We were thinking our last HAL cruise was going to be in Nov. on Zuiderdam. With all the problems with air travel, we want to leave out of NY For cruises. Land vacations are another story. The resort can't leave without you if you don't get there on time;)

NYC is an easy drive for so many HAL fans. I wonder how many nights the cruise will be? Can it be done in 7 or will it be a 10.

Looks like my next HAL cruise will be in 2010.

Better still, it's an easy Amtrak ride for me. No airplanes! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I'm going to Bermuda!

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm so pleased. I will get to cruise to Bermuda aboard the newly reconfigured Veendam (in a lanai stateroom) and see Captain Card. :)

Maybe we'll finally get to cruise together ... and I can buy you that drink I owe you. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I really like the sound of this --- BUT -- and we do love to cruise to Bermuda -- and would love to book this cruise -- BUT -- taking a tiny commuter plane to New York -- that is all that is left in our area to New York -- NO WAY -- as they do not guarantee that your luggage will go with you -- no thanks -- I am not going to cruise without clothes!!

Maybe we'll finally get to cruise together ... and I can buy you that drink I owe you. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I too would love to cruise on HAL to Bermuda and NY City is a short trip down the rails from Boston. I'd love to and cruise with Rita and Rev. Neal. Can somebody say Cruise Critic HAL cruise to Bermuda?

Rick

I too would love to cruise on HAL to Bermuda and NY City is a short trip down the rails from Boston. I'd love to and cruise with Rita and Rev. Neal. Can somebody say Cruise Critic HAL cruise to Bermuda?

Rick

They may have the Homeport Bus out of Boston that they had for the Noordam when her homeport was NYC! Yay! :-)

Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I would be doing cartwheels, but my joints said "no". I am soooo thrilled to read this!

When can I book? When? When?

OK, folks. We have to set up a CC group for this. Let's plan!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I would be doing cartwheels, but my joints said "no". I am soooo thrilled to read this!

Sign us up.

I heard seven day cruise..... we'll see.

Perfect would be, Boston to Bermuda to Boston, stay aboard and go Boston to Canada/New England to Boston.

Fourteen days alternating Bermuda with Canada/NE.

New York is second choice and we WILL be there all things being equal. We will cruise to Bermuda for sure if we are able.

I was thinking the same thing, Ruth! A CC group...and we need to create a roll call!

August is our busiest month here, and we close after Columbus Day so that's ideal. But for CC, HAL, and Bermuda...heck, I'll just have to manage!

Funny thing is that I've been looking at the Norwegian Dream and the RCCI Jewel to Bermuda...10/19 or thereabouts. And I just couldn't bring myself to book either one.

Sign us up.

Perfect would be, Boston to Bermuda to Boston, stay aboard and go Boston to Canada/New England to Boston.

New York is second choice and we WILL be there all things being equal. We will cruise to Bermuda for sure if we are able.

My guess is it would be a 7 day. NCL does 7, this Jewel cruise is a quick five day with only a little over a day in Bermuda. Seven seems to be the norm. I can't wait!

Sign us up.

My guess is it would be a 7 day. NCL does 7, the NCCL Jewel cruise is a quick five day with only a little over a day in Bermuda. Seven seems to be the norm. I can't wait!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

WOW! Thank you for making my day. LOVE Bermuda from NY, and have had to settle for NCL to sail there. This is WONDERFUL news, can't wait to book. Thank you HAL for coming back to NY>

My first-ever cruise was the previous Statendam NYC-Bermuda-NYC. It was a 7-day cruise. It turned me on to cruising. Or gave me the cruising virus, if you prefer. :D

Now, sail, even if it's NYC, I like your idea of alternating Bermuda/Canada New England cruises. That would be a great b-2-b.

This really made my day! I'm excited about HAL sailing from NYC again; excited about going to Bermuda; and excited about sailing on the Veendam! My son and daughter in law sailed her last year for their honeymoon and just loved her (and that was BEFORE drydock!). Yes, I am a very happy sailor tonight. And, looking forward to that Meet and Greet!

Archived