HAL to return to NY in 2010

cruiservictor

Come on along ... plenty of cabins available the 1st 2 weeks. :cool: ;)

Now I have a question.

From what I understand, it is possible to book the Veendam/Bermuda cruise if you are on a HAL cruise.

How do those, who are not presently on a HAL cruise, or do not plan to sail on HAL until they book the Veendam/Bermuda cruise go about booking? When does the booking process open to the "general public"?

.... anyone who comes across the HAL website wouldn't even realize that Bermuda is an option since it is not listed in their "destinations".

Now I have a question.

From what I understand, it is possible to book the Veendam/Bermuda cruise if you are on a HAL cruise.

How do those, who are not presently on a HAL cruise, or do not plan to sail on HAL until they book the Veendam/Bermuda cruise go about booking? When does the booking process open to the "general public"?

.... anyone who comes across the HAL website wouldn't even realize that Bermuda is an option since it is not listed in their "destinations".

I was able to secure a cabin last week for the 1st 2 sailings in Aug 2010.

All I know is, I'm booked ... they took my money, and I'm set to go. ;)

HAL should be accepting bookings thru TAs sometime next year.

(From what the FCC lady told me ... )

I have never sailed from NY/NYC yet. I live by Atlantic city and it would be convienient not to fly to FLA but the prices to leave nyc are much more that fla with a flight in. I sailed the Zuiderdam last fall from Lauderdale and met a nice mix of people, not too many from nj/ny area. When we docked in Tortola the Noordam came in from NYC and all the NJ/NY yahoos were on the pier looking obnoxious wearing their Giants/eagles jerseys sporting the rude Northeast attitudes. I was so glad not to be on that ship for that very reason. I just read a report of a big problem on the Carnival Miracle out of NYC that the passengers staged a mob seen of about 300 people yelling for refunds and totally out of control due to an itinerary change because of the hurricane. It clearly states that the line can change the plan as they see fit due to bad weather. Would they have preferred to lounge by the pool at Margaritaville in Grand turk with 135 mile per hour winds? Once again giving a bad rap to NY/NJ cruisers. I think I will stick with southwest flights to Fla and a better, more behaved, friendlier crowd.

Oh my - you must have seen a different group of HAL passengers than I did, and I spent 20 days with them. I've been twice in the last 2 years and the misbehaved, crude folks were NOT from the NY/NJ area, trust me. I spent time with wonderful, friendly, cultured and well dressed folks. And, as for price, the price of the cruise was much less than anything out of Florida. I guess our experiences differed quite a bit.

It's my understanding that you can arrange with a TA to have your name put on a list for the upcoming first or second Bermuda cruise and you will be notified as soon as they start booking which won't be until the end of this year or early next year. At least, that's what the HAL reps said. While on board, I put down a future deposit, but not for a specific cruise.

Oh my - you must have seen a different group of HAL passengers than I did, and I spent 20 days with them. I've been twice in the last 2 years and the misbehaved, crude folks were NOT from the NY/NJ area, trust me. I spent time with wonderful, friendly, cultured and well dressed folks. And, as for price, the price of the cruise was much less than anything out of Florida. I guess our experiences differed quite a bit.

I've sailed out of NYC three times on Holland America and have met the nicest people . The only rudeness we encountered was when we returned to NYC and the porters tried to herd a lot of people into the elevators to the roof top parking. There was an argument between the two porters while we were all on the elevator. One telling the other not to squeeze us in.

Living north of NYC, it's too much of a generalization to call New Yorkers rude. There are rude people who live everywhere, and there are wonderfully polite people who come from NY.

It's my understanding that you can arrange with a TA to have your name put on a list for the upcoming first or second Bermuda cruise and you will be notified as soon as they start booking which won't be until the end of this year or early next year. At least, that's what the HAL reps said.

Thank you,,,,, I will email my TA today :)

• 2 weeks later...
I've sailed out of NYC three times on Holland America and have met the nicest people . The only rudeness we encountered was when we returned to NYC and the porters tried to herd a lot of people into the elevators to the roof top parking. There was an argument between the two porters while we were all on the elevator. One telling the other not to squeeze us in.

Living north of NYC, it's too much of a generalization to call New Yorkers rude. There are rude people who live everywhere, and there are wonderfully polite people who come from NY.

Did the Noordam sail out of Brooklyn? I can't believe how user friendly that port is. When we sailed from Red Hook, we returned home relaxed, none of that tension. When we cruised from from Bayonne or NYC, we came home looking like this......:eek:......

I think it would be great if the Veendam would cruise out of Brooklyn.

I also wish they would return to NYC year round.

Did the Noordam sail out of Brooklyn? I can't believe how user friendly that port is. When we sailed from Red Hook, we returned home relaxed, none of that tension. When we cruised from from Bayonne or NYC, we came home looking like this......:eek:......

I think it would be great if the Veendam would cruise out of Brooklyn.

I also wish they would return to NYC year round.

We've sailed twice on the Noordam and she sailed from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Cunard and Princess sail from the terminal in Brooklyn (Red Hook).

I wish the same as you!

Archived