SD II - 3/6/2009 - We're Booked As Well

MarDav

Haven't asked about kiddies or Mr. B. I suspect, since Easter April 12 we won't have spring break families.

I am sure FT will weigh in:D

haven't checked either. Will do so before we make the final payment but unless someone tells me we're going to have more than 10 rug rats (younger than teenagers) I don't expect that we would even consider changing our plans. We have enough of a group going that we will "commandeer" the office at TOY:cool: . We picked this particular cruise since it is so far ahead of spring break, figured we'd minimize the risk.

so join us . . .:D

FT

haven't checked either. Will do so before we make the final payment but unless someone tells me we're going to have more than 10 rug rats (younger than teenagers) I don't expect that we would even consider changing our plans. We have enough of a group going that we will "commandeer" the office at TOY:cool: . We picked this particular cruise since it is so far ahead of spring break, figured we'd minimize the risk.

FT

Working on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to keep you all in the loop ...

FT, zqvol, DJ's DH and I met for dinner last night ... okay we met for drinks too:p

One of the main topic of discussion was this cruise (which can't come fast enough).

We were talking about planning an adventure on STJ before DJ's DH and I renew our vows. Wondering who else is up for a little island hoppin on STJ? Probably will involve beaches and bars:p

but unfortunately, no bottomless glass of champagne as on SD . . . we actually had to pay the bill!!! Where is Christophe when you need him? Hopefully on SD II on March 8, 2009

FT

How true FT! Especially since our DHs decide they were going to drink champagne with us:p

Hopefully you will see Christophe on the crossing and then again on our March cruise.

Doing research for our day on STJ. Everyone likes Kenny Chesney, right:D

Hopefully you will see Christophe on the crossing and then again on our March cruise.

Last I heard, Christophe was planning to be enjoying a much deserved vacation in November so it's likely we'll have to find a way to make do without him. Of course, he might change his plans if he were to hear that you will be joining us, DJ....

Last I heard, Christophe was planning to be enjoying a much deserved vacation in November so it's likely we'll have to find a way to make do without him. Of course, he might change his plans if he were to hear that you will be joining us, DJ....

Glad to hear that Christophe is taking a well deserved vacation ... hopefully he will be well rested for our March trip:p

The crossing is still not completely off the table. There are still a few variables that are NOT under my control ... and you all know what a control freak I am:eek: ... that need to be resolved. FT knows what the variables are and how much I wrestle with the lack of control.

I am sure she will say "Nothing a crossing on SD wouldn't cure!"

Ctbjr - since Christophe won't be with us on the crossing, any clue who will be?FT

FT, I believe that SD has searched far and wide to find somebody who is brave enough to spend 11 days at sea with us while serving as Hotel Manager. Rumor is that they have found somebody. We can only hope that he doesn't read this board between now and Nov. 13 as we might find ourselves seating ourselves (heaven forbid!) for meals and fetching our own beverages...

See you soon.

FT, I believe that SD has searched far and wide to find somebody who is brave enough to spend 11 days at sea with us while serving as Hotel Manager. Rumor is that they have found somebody. We can only hope that he doesn't read this board between now and Nov. 13 as we might find ourselves seating ourselves (heaven forbid!) for meals and fetching our own beverages...

See you soon.

I understood they had found someone. I think his name is Lechter, Hannibal Lechter.

• 3 weeks later...

WOO HOO!!

Booked our air this morning! Of course one of us is flying on miles and the other on cash ... one of us is in first and the other in coach ... I wonder who:p:D:p

Now we just have to find someone to stay with DD ... but that is DH's problem.

So who else is going to have time to kill at SJU on Sunday before a late afternoon flight?

Thats always fun. Next will be the ticket book. Too bad about the split seats. Do I remember right, you are FFs with US Scare? We are elite FFs with Continental and they are pretty good at companion ticket upgrades. Sometimes we get lucky with sales but they also do an automatic upgrade when you buy a Y fare. Sometimes it is worth it and sometimes those pesky Y fares can be downright pricey. We love the extra space but domestic First is really what coach used to be. Wish we had Sleazy Jet over here. You pay for anything you want but you actually get a good sandwich if you want one and the seats are all the same and feel a bit larger and better spaced than our coach seats. Sorry about the thread drift so-- sounds like a great trip. Wish we were going but it will be a last minute thing if we make it. (Unless SD makes us an offer we can't refuse).

Jim.

:) We booked our tickets about a month ago I got a reasonable price but nothing exceptionally cheap. We are visiting some relatives in Jacksonville FL for a few days before the cruise. Living in Bermuda there is not too much choice in flights; American is the only way we can get back to Bermuda the same day. So from SJU there were only two flights to choose from 10:20 to Miami and 11:50 to Kennedy. I was a bit concerned booking an early flight so I booked the later one. The connection is a bit tight in New York but hopefully it will be OK. The other reason I booked so early was that I believe there are 4 big cruise ships in San Juan that Sunday and the flights were starting to get pretty full so I did not want to dally too long. If we can get off the ship early enough I might try to see if we can get on the earlier flight to Miami

WOO HOO!!

Booked our air this morning! Of course one of us is flying on miles and the other on cash ... one of us is in first and the other in coach ... I wonder who:p:D:p

Now we just have to find someone to stay with DD ... but that is DH's problem.

So who else is going to have time to kill at SJU on Sunday before a late afternoon flight?

Yeah! I didn't you would let DH back out of this one, but now I'm sure of it. I'll give odds that it won't be DH flying 1st class on this one.:D We going coach this time -- we've burned through quite a few FF miles and are saving the rest for the next trip to Hawaii (assuming we can ever afford it again). Back on point -- unless DELTA (does eventually leave the airport) changes our flights yet again, you'll get a break from us -- we leave around 12:55.

FT

Thats always fun. Next will be the ticket book. Too bad about the split seats. Do I remember right, you are FFs with US Scare? We are elite FFs with Continental and they are pretty good at companion ticket upgrades. Sometimes we get lucky with sales but they also do an automatic upgrade when you buy a Y fare. Sometimes it is worth it and sometimes those pesky Y fares can be downright pricey. We love the extra space but domestic First is really what coach used to be. Wish we had Sleazy Jet over here. You pay for anything you want but you actually get a good sandwich if you want one and the seats are all the same and feel a bit larger and better spaced than our coach seats. Sorry about the thread drift so-- sounds like a great trip. Wish we were going but it will be a last minute thing if we make it. (Unless SD makes us an offer we can't refuse).

Jim.

Yes we are flying US Scare:eek: DH will make Platinum on them after his flights to Brazil this week so I suspect he will be upgrade to first like he was when we split the seats last year when we headed to SJU for SD1.

We are keeping good thoughts that you and Lois will be able to join us:D

Yeah! I didn't you would let DH back out of this one, but now I'm sure of it. I'll give odds that it won't be DH flying 1st class on this one.:D We going coach this time -- we've burned through quite a few FF miles and are saving the rest for the next trip to Hawaii (assuming we can ever afford it again). Back on point -- unless DELTA (does eventually leave the airport) changes our flights yet again, you'll get a break from us -- we leave around 12:55.

FT

You know us so well FT! The amount of miles for a coach ticket and a first class ticket were the same so of course I had to take first class:p

Right now we are scheduled on the 5:20 out of SJU but I will be bird dogging the USAir site to see if they release any other seats on the earlier flights. If they do I'll make the change.

:) We booked our tickets about a month ago I got a reasonable price but nothing exceptionally cheap. We are visiting some relatives in Jacksonville FL for a few days before the cruise. Living in Bermuda there is not too much choice in flights; American is the only way we can get back to Bermuda the same day. So from SJU there were only two flights to choose from 10:20 to Miami and 11:50 to Kennedy. I was a bit concerned booking an early flight so I booked the later one. The connection is a bit tight in New York but hopefully it will be OK. The other reason I booked so early was that I believe there are 4 big cruise ships in San Juan that Sunday and the flights were starting to get pretty full so I did not want to dally too long. If we can get off the ship early enough I might try to see if we can get on the earlier flight to Miami

You will be fine on the 11:50 flight. Actually you might even make the 10:20 as SD clears rather quickly.:D

FT

A delayed response to my DW, but we are NOT changing our plans over rugrats!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings to the spring breakers of 2008... rough weather and all. This is from the pair of teachers from Iowa. We got home from all the fun at the TOY bar and rocking and rollin in the Office with you... and checked on signing up for the same week for 2009. But alas, that week on the ship, as we had heard, had been taken over by someone else. Being tied closely to spring break we decided to opt for another Seabourne adventure since they were available that week. But we will be back to the Dream when we are able. In June we were a part of the tornado area of Iowa (very near us but no damage to us) and the huge flooding in the state. What a mess. July was a week in Mexico for a daughter's wedding, then two weeks at Okoboji (Iowa's blue water lake) for fun with family and then two weeks in the Greek Islands on Oceania... back to teaching and looking forward to a two week Christmas Holiday this year (unusual). Will be taking a holiday cruise the second week in Carribean. So we are getting our sun. Happy Trip all of you... Chef and C., did you sign up yet? again..... thanks for the fun times

Greetings to the spring breakers of 2008... rough weather and all. This is from the pair of teachers from Iowa. We got home from all the fun at the TOY bar and rocking and rollin in the Office with you... and checked on signing up for the same week for 2009. But alas, that week on the ship, as we had heard, had been taken over by someone else. Being tied closely to spring break we decided to opt for another Seabourne adventure since they were available that week. But we will be back to the Dream when we are able. In June we were a part of the tornado area of Iowa (very near us but no damage to us) and the huge flooding in the state. What a mess. July was a week in Mexico for a daughter's wedding, then two weeks at Okoboji (Iowa's blue water lake) for fun with family and then two weeks in the Greek Islands on Oceania... back to teaching and looking forward to a two week Christmas Holiday this year (unusual). Will be taking a holiday cruise the second week in Carribean. So we are getting our sun. Happy Trip all of you... Chef and C., did you sign up yet? again..... thanks for the fun times

Ahoy Sheryl and Dan! So good to hear from you:D

Sounds like you have had quite an eventful year.

We will make sure to have a Midori Margarita at the TOY Bar for you!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived