I sure stepped in it this time!

localady

Localady, I am still unclear. Was your credit card charged to HAL or to this Agency? It sounds like money went to them but on your next two cruises they agreed that your credit card payment would be direct to HAL? Can you let me know what they decided to do moving forward? I would like to know.

Jade-

You are correct, they agreed to note on our future reservations that they were to pay HAL directly for the next cruises we have booked with them. You can believe I will be proactive and confirm they will do this closer to final payment as well.

Just an update to all my CC friends-

It appears I can now print our boarding documents which means that our Anniversary cruise has been paid to HAL and we will, in fact board the Oosterdam in 60ish days! :D

Wanted to let you all know that it worked out okay, but I do warn others to ask your TA how the payment is billed and request direct payment to the cruiseline vs. to the TA. :cool:

Sher:

I am so happy that it all worked out for you. The extra anxiety is something you sure could have done without.

We can probably laugh about it once we are on board.

Looking forward to our sail away.

Jim

This brings to mind a sales seminar by Maurice Zarmati, then VP Sales of Carnival. I'll never forget one statement he made:

"If your customer insists on the cheapest cruise or lowest price out there, ask them to look at their shoes. Are those shoes the cheapest shoes they could find? No? Why not? Because those shoes suited them, fit them, were comfortable, didn't hurt, and generally worked for them. The cheapest shoes are not always the best deal ... nor is the cheapest cruise or the lowest price always the best deal."

Maurice is now President of Costa Cruises, and the line's experiencing great success with his wise leadership.

I will now step off my soapbox ... lol.

Thanks for the heads up. I would be going beserk if this happened to me.

With a little help from Google and some of the posts I figured out who it was. ;) I had them in my TA folder that I use to check out pricing. I moved them to my Do Not Use TA folder. :D

I am happy to report that we have been paid to HAL as well. They never did return my calls to the "accounting" dept or respond to my emails but we are paid now and I was able to print the boarding passes.

Next milestone, doc dance. :)

I hope the "float" was worth it. They've lost at least three good customers (multiple cruises) just based on those affected in this thread plus those who have now been warned.

A good lesson next time your looking to save that extra $20 pp.

Archived