Captain Johnny on Mariner?

Chuggiebug

Just got back today from the Mariner! PCD hasn't set in yet...

YES! Capt Johnny is on board. He just got back from vacation and will be on board from now until after the move to Cali.

The Mariner does not leave for LA until January 4th. That would be 4 months on with no break. Currently Captains are on 6 week rotations so that would be very long.

I would agree that he is my favorite capt...that I've had....would love for hiim to be on the ship our last time...but don't see that happen....list on her of captains...look like soon he will be going on vacation.

So I most likely will miss him once again.

Guess I'll just have to go west....

The Mariner does not leave for LA until January 4th. That would be 4 months on with no break. Currently Captains are on 6 week rotations so that would be very long.

I'm about 99% sure their rotations are more like 10-weeks.

If you check out Wolfcathorse's posting on current captains you will see a good list of who is on vacation and who is onboard.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=237230&page=172

6 week rotations? Are you sure? Check the current captains thread, which keeps track of the rotations on all RCI's ships.

I believe the captain's rotations are 10 weeks on/10 weeks off. Sometimes they adjust their cycle by a week or so in either direction to accomodate holidays and flight schedules.

I'd like to add that although Captain Johnny is very dynamic and is very popular, Captain Per is also wonderful and you shouldn't be disappointed if you're sailing with him instead. He's extremely friendly and approachable, and walks all over the ship interacting with passengers, inquiring about their cruising experience, and is very attentive to the children, patiently answering questions. He has a wonderfully humble demeanor, and a great sense of humor. Don't miss the "Ask the Captain" session he holds on the last sea day with the CD.

We love Captain Per as much as we loved captain Johnny.

6 week rotations? Are you sure? Check the current captains thread, which keeps track of the rotations on all RCI's ships.

I believe the captain's rotations are 10 weeks on/10 weeks off. Sometimes they adjust their cycle by a week or so in either direction to accomodate holidays and flight schedules.

I'd like to add that although Captain Johnny is very dynamic and is very popular, Captain Per is also wonderful and you shouldn't be disappointed if you're sailing with him instead. He's extremely friendly and approachable, and walks all over the ship interacting with passengers, inquiring about their cruising experience, and is very attentive to the children, patiently answering questions. He has a wonderfully humble demeanor, and a great sense of humor. Don't miss the "Ask the Captain" session he holds on the last sea day with the CD.

I will agree with you a 100% on Capt. Per also...our first time with him we really didn't get a chance to talk with him personaly...but our second time we did he sat down with us at the Wig and Gavel and was really impressed with there after. Guess the first time I was disappointed that Capt Johnny wasn't there...but would take either one and be happy!

We are going to be sailing on our 4th or 5th Mariner cruise next month. We have never had Captain Johnny. It's always been Captain Per. Sometimes, it seems to me that there is no Captain Johnny, lol. It's a huge figment of many cruisers imaginations.

Captain Per is great and he is a lot of fun. Last cruise he had just come back the week we sailed and he was so into the cake decorating. I got a big kick out of that. He is quite personable as mentioned.

Perhaps if I ever get to sail Allure, I will meet the elusive Captain Johnny. But, probably, I will sail and get someone else. Just my luck.

Having sailed with both captains, I wholeheartedly agree with this! They are both top-notch! Captain Johnny told us on our labor Day Mariner sailing that he would stay with the Mariner (his baby) when it moves to the west coast. I'm glad to hear that he will be assigned to the Allure when it is deployed - he deserves to be at the helm of the largest cruise ship at sea. Hopefully, Captain Per will remain at the helm of the Mariner as the first Captain after Capt. Faevelin's departure.

I'm currently reading his biography, "The Captain", which is a fun and informative read.

DSC_0061-1.jpg

Not only is he nice...funny...and a great captain.... he is a hottie ;) LOL

Funny...even my 16 yo dd commented on what a cutie he is "for an old guy"! We loved him. Kept us so informed during Hannah. Still laughing about announcements - the mini facials on sale...that is if you have a small face.

Laura

Funny...even my 16 yo dd commented on what a cutie he is "for an old guy"! We loved him. Kept us so informed during Hannah. Still laughing about announcements - the mini facials on sale...that is if you have a small face.

Laura

My favorite was: People in glass houses......

...should get dressed in the basement.....

ML

Bobbie - did you take that photo on St. Maarten? How long ago (I don't remember Capt Johnny being that gray, but it's been two years since I've sailed with him. And yes, he's still a distinguished hottie).

I believe it was St. Maarten...October 2006 ;)

PH8..... I know it's been a while! We are finally pregnant and it's a sticky one this time! So we are cruising one more time before my little man is born :) I was trying to find your Sovereign pics the other day. Care to share the link again? I soooo can't wait to be back on a ship even if it is a short cruise. How are you both? And the family?

Archived