Stock Obc Not Combinable Anymore

jmezmom

I've been trying to read all the posts here, but this is massive. Here's what I got this morning from Shareholder Benefits:

**Please note** For any sailing that is confirmed on or after October 15, 2008, the shareholder benefit will no longer be combined with any other benefit or offer, whether that is dollars off or an onboard credit. The only exceptions are the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts and Royal Caribbean or Celebrity credit card Reward Points for onboard credit or discount. In the event two offers/benefits are available on any reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless told otherwise, we will assume you wish to have the offer/benefit with the higher value. Please visit our investor's website at http://www.rclinvestor.com for full program details.

So it looks like you have to get your shareholder benefits (if combined with a $$ off coupon, or any other obc) by 10-15-08. It's too bad that we'll have to choose between "future cruise" obc, stockholder credit, or $$ off coupons. They'll create more ill will than the $200-$300 that we'll be losing. I'm glad to hear definitively that balcony discounts or credit card points arent involved. Hope this helps.

Trish

**Please note** For any sailing that is confirmed on or after October 15, 2008, the shareholder benefit will no longer be combined with any other benefit or offer, whether that is dollars off or an onboard credit. The only exceptions are the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts and Royal Caribbean or Celebrity credit card Reward Points for onboard credit or discount. In the event two offers/benefits are available on any reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless told otherwise, we will assume you wish to have the offer/benefit with the higher value. Please visit our investor's website at www.rclinvestor.com for full program details.

The above does not specifically mention TA OBC's - so does that mean they are not affected by this change?

My guess would be no, TA obc isn't affected, since that isn't out of RCI's pocket - it comes from the TA. Indirectly I guess it is.....

No reason to buy the future cruise credits and give them your money to use, when you get the same obc for shareholder benefits.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I always said that if my bill fit under my door on the final night, it wasn't a great cruise!!! I just wish they wouldn't nickel and dime us to death.

Trish

Well I for one will not be purchasing any furture cruises on board so the Loyalty Ambassador will have less work. I just think it stinks that if you are a loyal cuiser that they will not allow you to combine the C&A coupons with the shareholder benefits. Once again shafting the loyal RCI cruiser. At this time with the economy in the toilet & big ships that need filling the cabins this is poor planning on RCI's part. It seems Carnival corp had learned their lesson & resinded they lack of combining coupons with the shareholders OBC.

I just received (today) the following response when I sent the in the info. I too , will probably not bother booking on board. RCCL has had my deposits for a long time when I booked on board. Now I'll book when I am ready and take the stockholder discount ( and leave my money in the bank.) I also think the shareholder OBC is a result of my independent investment decision and should not be disallowed because of any RCCL loyalty benefits

I also sent in a response noting my dissatisfaction to the change.

Good day,

The requested shareholder's onboard credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation #XXXXXXX and #XXXXXXX.

**Please note** For any sailing that is confirmed on or after October 15, 2008, the shareholder benefit will no longer be combined with any other benefit or offer, whether that is dollars off or an onboard credit. The only exceptions are the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts and Royal Caribbean or Celebrity credit card Reward Points for onboard credit or discount. In the event two offers/benefits are available on any reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless told otherwise, we will assume you wish to have the offer/benefit with the higher value. Please visit our investor's website at http://www.rclinvestor.com for full program details.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kind regards,

Linda Buchanan

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

Sent an email to RCL INVESTOR RELATIONS telling them not combining OBC is a negative policy change.

Yeah, I did the same thing last week and here was their response back to me:

Your comments have been received and have been forwarded to management for review

We thank you for your continued support

RCL Investor Relations Department

Yeah, I did the same thing last week and here was their response back to me:

Your comments have been received and have been forwarded to management for review

We thank you for your continued support

RCL Investor Relations Department

Good job. This is a service business. If enough people let RCL know we are not happy, there is a good chance they will listen to their customers..

I also sent them an email voicing my disappointment at their decision. Living in Miami, there is tremendous competition in the cruise business, and I would hope that my 33 cruises on RCI would mean something. Everyone needs to let them know how we feel - hopefully something will be done.

Have a good weekend!!

As of my conversation with RCI's Star Desk this morning, they WILL be sticking rigidly to the new rules for Stockholder Credits. Book before October 15th and you can combine them, book after that date, and you cannot.

They seemed pretty cut-and-dry about this and all the reps. seemed to have a good grasp of the new rules.

As of my conversation with RCI's Star Desk this morning, they WILL be sticking rigidly to the new rules for Stockholder Credits. Book before October 15th and you can combine them, book after that date, and you cannot.

They seemed pretty cut-and-dry about this and all the reps. seemed to have a good grasp of the new rules.

Not if HQ get complaints from their customers. The reps do not form policy.

I don't think it's just to book a cruise - I think the cutoff is 10-15 to confirm your stockholder benefits. Apparently you can request them for any cruise you already have booked.

Hopefully soon this will be a non-issue, and they'll realize the error of their ways, so to speak.

Yes, I agree. The reps. don't form the policy, but they are aware of it and as of now, are explaining that there will be no combination of Stockholder Credit with other credits.

A different department reviews each Stockholder Credit and THEY are sticking to their new rules as of now.

My DH and I were thinking about buying RCCL stock. As a matter of fact..we talked to our planner this morning about it. Now...what's the point? I can get onboard credits if I pre-book cruise while onboard.

I'm thinking..it's not worth it now. :mad:

I just received (today) the following response when I sent the in the info. I too , will probably not bother booking on board. RCCL has had my deposits for a long time when I booked on board. Now I'll book when I am ready and take the stockholder discount ( and leave my money in the bank.) I also think the shareholder OBC is a result of my independent investment decision and should not be disallowed because of any RCCL loyalty benefits

I also sent in a response noting my dissatisfaction to the change.

GO GIRL!

A short and sweet post. I too will not book onboard any longer. What I think they are missing is that the Share Holders Credit is not a REWARD - it is a benefit! The OBC is purchased! So... without tooting our horn... we have 5450 shares that average $29.72 which is... you can do the math. Today we are trading at $19ish... So with our loss of over $50K (on paper) ... maybe they would like to contribute to that!

Very disappointed... watch the stock hit $18 -:confused:

I sent an email to C & A stating how unhappy I am about not being able to use both OBC. They said sorry, have a nice cruise. Instead of complaining here on the boards, send a letter or email stating your displeasure to RCCL. Perhaps if they get enough negitive feed back they will reconsider.

Give me a good incentive to buy RCL stock? I thought that was one of the main reasons people bought the stock. :(

To me..what makes RCL the "BEST" cruise line are the many benefits and rewards they give to their loyal guests. I hope they don't stop doing such nice things they've been doing.

Give me a good incentive to buy RCL stock? I thought that was one of the main reasons people bought the stock. :(

To me..what makes RCL the "BEST" cruise line are the many benefits and rewards they give to their loyal guests. I hope they don't stop doing such nice things they've been doing.

The stock OBC is a nice perk but hardly one of the main reason to invest thousands of dollars in a stock buy.

Husband just reminded me of all the time I’ve spent or times I've left an activity to wait for or see for the Loyalty Ambassador .

No problem for the cruise this October – I will not have to spend the time or money to book on board.

M

Definitely no on board booking for us either. I'll go with stock OBC or C&A discount coupons. They might as well find a new position for the loyalty ambassadors. Might I suggest restroom cleaners.

Definitely no on board booking for us either. I'll go with stock OBC or C&A discount coupons. They might as well find a new position for the loyalty ambassadors. Might I suggest restroom cleaners.

Better yet! The new Job for the LA can be the Chef to cook up the Chop's Steak for $14.95 in the MDR!:D :D :D

on my last cruise LOS 09/20-09/27 there was standing room only for the loyalty ambassador and the appointment book was filled. i for one did not know of the new RULES and gave a $100.oo deposit for the next cruise option. i am a shareholder and now a fool. from now on i shall be loyal to myself first. cruise prices are plummeting and it may pay to wait for last minute rather than tying up deposits. of course i can do this as i live in fl and do not need airfare.

Archived