Stock Obc Not Combinable Anymore

jmezmom

I also am quite annoyed with the changes, what irks me the most is once again the loyal cruiser will now be unable to combine the C&A coupons with the Shareholders OBC. I think this is highly unfair. I feel for all of you that have paid for the future cruise certificates. Well after the market tanking again today how many cabins will be empty? To me it is better to have a full ship & give out the OBC's then sail with less passengers. A live body equals monies spent one way or another.

There was a thread here the other day saying that Celebrity is asking people if their TAs charge a cancellation/change fee, and how much it is.

That got me to thinking. What if they are now considering implementing a cancellation/change fee when booking direct? :eek: With all the changes in the loyalty program, I wouldn't be surprised.

[quote name='ShuswapCruisers']Just got OBC confirmation for 6 cruises.
Used future bookings (bought while on ship) and combined with SH benefit. 7 more days til the 15th[/quote]
My DH's family lived there on the beautiful Shuswap Lake! :)
We have OBC share holder confirmed as well on all our up coming 5 cruises into next year.

[quote name='dirtgirl']There was a thread here the other day saying that Celebrity is asking people if their TAs charge a cancellation/change fee, and how much it is.

That got me to thinking. What if they are now considering implementing a cancellation/change fee when booking direct? :eek: With all the changes in the loyalty program, I wouldn't be surprised.[/quote]

Why not? Airlines charge a fee to make changes to a reservation. I can see it eventually happening.

[quote name='dirtgirl']There was a thread here the other day saying that Celebrity is asking people if their TAs charge a cancellation/change fee, and how much it is.

That got me to thinking. What if they are now considering implementing a cancellation/change fee when booking direct? :eek: With all the changes in the loyalty program, I wouldn't be surprised.[/quote]

No they wouldn't do that. They want to encourage people to book direct so that they don't have to pay out commissions to a TA.

[quote name='Lady Jag']This is when it pays to have a TA that knows the ropes who will remind the RCI rep. of their policy. If you've kept the same booking number, you should keep the original fuel surcharges, if there were any. If there wasn't any, then you shouldn't have any at all.[/QUOTE]

Would it be on the date that I purchased the certificate or the date that I actually used the certificate to put on a cruise? When I purchased the certificate there was no surcharge and when I put it on a cruise there was a $5 surcharge - now that I moved it to another date, they increased it to $10.

Patty

[quote name='beachbuddy']Would it be on the date that I purchased the certificate or the date that I actually used the certificate to put on a cruise? When I purchased the certificate there was no surcharge and when I put it on a cruise there was a $5 surcharge - now that I moved it to another date, they increased it to $10.
Patty[/QUOTE]

It should be when the NCC was put toward a specific itinerary and ship and you paid the additional deposit monies.

When you transferred it to a new sailing, it should have remained at the lower rate IF you kept the same booking number. (that's the key.) ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: oh Carol, I hope not, I am in deep doooooooooooooo if they ever do that:p

[quote name='Lady Jag']It should be when the NCC was put toward a specific itinerary and ship and you paid the additional deposit monies.

When you transferred it to a new sailing, it should have remained at the lower rate IF you kept the same booking number. (that's the key.) ;)[/QUOTE]

I did keep the same booking number but they raised the cost anyway and this guy from RCCL told me that the surcharge changes because now I changed ships and the current charge is $10. Guess I need to call and talk to someone else. I even told the guy that I have friends that weren't charged any surcharge at all because they were told it was the date they purchased their certificate that mattered.

Thanks,
Patty

[quote name='Lady Jag']This is when it pays to have a TA that knows the ropes who will remind the RCI rep. of their policy. If you've kept the same booking number, you should keep the original fuel surcharges, if there were any. If there wasn't any, then you shouldn't have any at all.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]They are telling TA's the same thing. Change the date and you will pay the current fuel charge. As always their policy is subject to change at anytime and it has once again. [/SIZE]

[quote name='TravelerThom']Like everything RCI subject to future change, but seems that Travel Agent OBCs, RCI Credit Card OBCs and Future Cruise Credits [read compensation for a problem on an earlier cruise] ARE ALL combinable with ONE and ONLY ONE of the following:
Shareholder OBC
On-Board Booking OBC
Next Cruise Certificate OBC
C&A coupon

Effective ON 15 Oct [ie 15 Oct is too late to use existing program][/quote]

[SIZE=3]This is true but they are still allowing an RCCL Visa OBC combined with any other you choose on your list. [/SIZE]

[quote name='RCCL Suite Life']Why not? Airlines charge a fee to make changes to a reservation. I can see it eventually happening.[/QUOTE]

One cannot always compare what an airline gets away with and extrapolate that to a cruise line. People don't tend to book a flight just because they feel like going for a plane ride. So to an extent the flight booking is a necessity in order for someone to accomplish another task in his/her life. People book a cruise to go on vacation. Mess with the rules too much and people either will forget the cruise, forget the vacation, or wait to book until they are as reasonably sure as they can be that their plans won't change. None of that is in the cruise lines' best interest.

[quote name='aqhacruiser'][SIZE=3]This is true but they are still allowing an RCCL Visa OBC combined with any other you choose on your list. [/SIZE][/quote]

Am I missing something? Isn't that what TravelerThom indicated in his comment?

[quote name='aqhacruiser'][SIZE=3]They are telling TA's the same thing. Change the date and you will pay the current fuel charge. As always their policy is subject to change at anytime and it has once again. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That's not what they told me and I'm a TA. I've even done it for a few clients who have changed ships. This was about a month ago, so unless it's a really recent change, then it should be the way I said, and as Beachbuddy's friends experienced it.

Hi - Just wanted to say thanks to Gonzo70 and TravelerThom for their explanation/confirmation of the current OBC revisions.

Sailing is so addictive to the body, mind & spirit!!!! So, with the economy on the skids right now, and most likely for another page or two ahead in this particular chapter of life, we must all work out how we can continue enjoying cruising at the very best price. I for one will certainly be vigilant about buying a weekly lottery ticket!!!! ;O)

Let me throw another scenario into this mix. I plan to cruise with daughter and grandson. She will have onboard credits for next cruise, C&A certificate and credit card. My question is - will I be able to able to receive OBC as a shareholder?

[quote name='vjh8799']Let me throw another scenario into this mix. I plan to cruise with daughter and grandson. She will have onboard credits for next cruise, C&A certificate and credit card. My question is - will I be able to able to receive OBC as a shareholder?[/quote]The rules apply to the CABIN - each cabin can get only ONE of:
Shareholder OBC
On-Board Booking OBC
C&A coupon
It doesn't matter if one or more persons in the cabin is a Shareholder, or has a Coupon or whatever - ONE per cabin.

Travel Agent OBCs, RCI Credit Card OBCs, Future Cruise Credits AND [one I left off my list before, and only one per cabin] Diamond/Platinum Balcony Discounts ARE ALL Combinable with the largest one from the above list. Need I add "Subject to Change"

[quote name='TravelerThom']The rules apply to the CABIN - each cabin can get only ONE of:
Shareholder OBC
On-Board Booking OBC
C&A coupon
It doesn't matter if one or more persons in the cabin is a Shareholder, or has a Coupon or whatever - ONE per cabin.

Travel Agent OBCs, RCI Credit Card OBCs, Future Cruise Credits AND [one I left off my list before, and only one per cabin] Diamond/Platinum Balcony Discounts ARE ALL Combinable with the largest one from the above list. Need I add "Subject to Change"[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm very confused by the language..........what is the diffence between next cruise certicate OBC, On-board booking OBC nad Future Cruise Credits?
I'm assuming next cruise certicate and on-board booking OBC's are the the same, but what is Future Cruise Credits???

Patty

[quote name='beachbuddy']Okay, I'm very confused by the language..........what is the diffence between next cruise certicate OBC, On-board booking OBC nad Future Cruise Credits?
I'm assuming next cruise certicate and on-board booking OBC's are the the same, but what is Future Cruise Credits???

Patty[/quote]

I am not 100% sure, but I think Future Cruise Credits are discounts off a future cruise awarded when something goes wrong on your cruise (i.e. they are compensation given to you by Royal Caribbean for some type of mistake or problem on one of your cruises).

[quote name='Gonzo70']I am not 100% sure, but I think Future Cruise Credits are discounts off a future cruise awarded when something goes wrong on your cruise (i.e. they are compensation given to you by Royal Caribbean for some type of mistake or problem on one of your cruises).[/QUOTE]

Thanks..........I had no idea what that was and everyone is referring to them so I was totally confused!

[quote name='Gonzo70']I am not 100% sure, but I think Future Cruise Credits are discounts off a future cruise awarded when something goes wrong on your cruise (i.e. they are compensation given to you by Royal Caribbean for some type of mistake or problem on one of your cruises).[/quote]

Is anyone outhere 100 percent sure about this.
Ive heard it both ways... but no one is ever 4 sure.
Comments?

A future cruise credit is a credit towards a future cruise that is given by RCCL as compensation when someone has a problem on a sailing. For instance, if you had a complaint about an issue onboard and you sent them a letter when you got home they may issue you a FCC for $100. off a future cruise with them. This has nothing to do with Next Cruise or OBC for booking onboard.

It is not an onboard credit, it is for dollars off on a future sailing. I have received them before and applied them to a future sailing.

[quote name='TravelerThom']The rules apply to the CABIN - each cabin can get only ONE of:
Shareholder OBC
On-Board Booking OBC
C&A coupon

Travel Agent OBCs, RCI Credit Card OBCs, Future Cruise Credits AND [one I left off my list before, and only one per cabin] Diamond/Platinum Balcony Discounts ARE ALL Combinable with the largest one from the above list. Need I add "Subject to Change"[/quote]

So what your saying is I can either use my stockholders OBC or use the C&A saving certificate and not both. My understanding is that you can use the saving certificate if your are platinum or above. You get a discount on balconys and above if your platinum and I thought thats what the saving certificate is for and its the same thing. The certificate is basically a coupon. I will not be happy if I cant use the saving certificate and the stockholder OBC.

Archived