Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

IF you can swing the time for a Miami sailing this weekend (Aug 20-28).....Norwegian Escape 8 day from Miami, Eastern Caribbean.....Balcony Guarantee (no extra perks) dropped to $649 + taxes. This is a solo Balcony rate! Lower rate than the Studio.

Going all the way to the final booking screen shows the $649. Solo Studio is still holding at $999 :cool:

WOW! Hope they have such a deal for my March 2017 sailing!

IF you can swing the time for a Miami sailing this weekend (Aug 20-28).....Norwegian Escape 8 day from Miami, Eastern Caribbean.....Balcony Guarantee (no extra perks) dropped to $649 + taxes. This is a solo Balcony rate! Lower rate than the Studio.

Going all the way to the final booking screen shows the $649. Solo Studio is still holding at $999 :cool:

Not seeing this on the NCL site. Where are you seeing it?

Not seeing this on the NCL site. Where are you seeing it?

WOW. Looks like it was a very 'limited time offer", as I see today they removed ALL Solo Cruiser Discounts from the site for this sailing. :(

If you are so motivated, might be worth a call directly to NCL to request the solo rate anyway. What's the worst that can happen? Or the best that can happen?

WOW. Looks like it was a very 'limited time offer", as I see today they removed ALL Solo Cruiser Discounts from the site for this sailing. :(

If you are so motivated, might be worth a call directly to NCL to request the solo rate anyway. What's the worst that can happen? Or the best that can happen?

Thanks -- but I went with another sailing already. When I'm called to the ocean, I gotta go.

The Royal Princess sole rate as stated above, I booked and deposited several days ago. I received a call late yesterday that it was a mistake on there part and I had to pay full price on balcony, but would up grade to min suite with some on broad credit. This would cost me over $l,000 dollars. They accepted my deposit but would not honor rate. They said the fine print gives them this right I am an elite with Princess, but that does not make any difference. This being said no matter what price you think you have, they can change. I just needed to blow off a little stream.

The Royal Princess sole rate as stated above, I booked and deposited several days ago. I received a call late yesterday that it was a mistake on there part and I had to pay full price on balcony, but would up grade to min suite with some on broad credit. This would cost me over $l,000 dollars. They accepted my deposit but would not honor rate. They said the fine print gives them this right I am an elite with Princess, but that does not make any difference. This being said no matter what price you think you have, they can change. I just needed to blow off a little stream.

The exact thing happened to me when I booked with MSC Divina. I paid the deposit and then in a day or two they canceled my reservation telling me that I cannot stay in this cabin solo, I had to book a different cabin at a higher price. Its not right, if they let you pay a deposit, they should honor it.

Sorry it didn't work out...I always get leery when I see a balcony rate lower than an inside. I guess it just depends on the cruise line and how many people booked at the erroneous rate.

In the past I have booked and never got a call, when the rate was probably an error. A few times they did call me to let me know they wouldn't honor the rate. They have added a line in most ticket contracts that they dont have to honor inaccurate pricing, but it's still unsettling to get that call.

The tricky thing is if people go ahead and book air

Cruise line people do make mistakes and if after a couple of days they call you back apologetic saying that the deal you got that was too good to be true....isn't. What else can you do but forgive & rebook or choose another cruise. It can be hard to be forgiving of their mistake. An onboard credit or free upgrade would likely help. Just saying sorry is not good customer service.

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

You are much kinder than I would have been...and I'm pretty sure I would have shared my thoughts on the line's FB page.

So...did you just cancel?

I am not exactly new to cruising, but I will say that I have been fortunate never to have encountered this and I do find it alarming. I would not pass it off as an "oh well', it is in the fine print. I usually book airfare before I make final payment because the one time I left it until after, the airfares suddenly jumped to a ridiculous price and yet I had to pay it. There are many scenarios where consumers would be out of pocket if a cruise line decided to call up and shake you down for a higher fare. It all sounds like slimy bait and switch tactics to me. Sorry to sound this outraged, but I do feel this is not something cruise lines should be able to get away with, regardless of what they want to print in their contracts.

I am not exactly new to cruising, but I will say that I have been fortunate never to have encountered this and I do find it alarming. I would not pass it off as an "oh well', it is in the fine print. I usually book airfare before I make final payment because the one time I left it until after, the airfares suddenly jumped to a ridiculous price and yet I had to pay it. There are many scenarios where consumers would be out of pocket if a cruise line decided to call up and shake you down for a higher fare. It all sounds like slimy bait and switch tactics to me. Sorry to sound this outraged, but I do feel this is not something cruise lines should be able to get away with, regardless of what they want to print in their contracts.

Definitely. For those of us who don't live in a port town, the flight loss can be significant. Might be easy to say "it happens...moving on" when it's not happening to you.

Was cruising with others on Princess to Alaska a few years ago and we got an "upgrade" (according to them). They moved us where the balconies were not covered and we were no longer three cabins in a row. Hadn't asked for an upgrade and our reservations were linked. When I called to say 'no thanks' I was told they'd already re-sold our cabins. After two days of discussion that was not always polite, they moved us so we'd be together again (with covered balconies) but they also tried to get us to pay for that "upgrade"!

9-Day Western Caribbean from New Orleans

SHIP Norwegian Pearl

CRUISE PORTS

EMBARK New Orleans(Louisiana)

Cozumel (Mexico)

George Town (Grand Cayman)

Roatan (Bay Islands)

Santo Tomas de Castilla(Guatemala)

Harvest Caye (Belize)

Costa Maya (Mexico)

DISEMBARK New Orleans(Louisiana)

November 25-December 5,2017

And

December 5-14,2017

Inside Guarantee 1067.31 total including taxes and fees

Outside Guarantee 1227.31 total including taxes and fees

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Cruising

Cruising

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

Roseau, Dominica

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

10 day Southern Caribbean January 5-10, 2018 studio inside

$1205.90 total including taxes

I am also upset with the way Princess treated the original poster regarding their "mistaken" fare. Most of us who cruise solo spend a lot of time searching for bargains, in order to avoid paying an unfair double fare. When we find something good and book it, the fare should be honored. If they are going to be able to cancel your reservation, there should be a 24-hour limit on when they can claim a "mistake" to the customer. If they don't notice until a week later, too bad for them.

I, and some other folks here, were able to snag a really good solo fare from Royal Caribbean a few months ago for an Alaska cruise next May. I believe I'm paying $738 for 7 nights solo in an oceanview. They changed the fare a few days later, but are (so far) honoring the price we booked at. When they spell out a price for you and accept your deposit, that should mean something. Offering you an upgrade but asking you to pay more for your original cabin, does sound like bait and switch to me. A lousy way to do business, especially with an Elite passenger. I would not be quiet about this!

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you book directly or use a travel agent?

If you used a travel agent, was it the agent that called, or Princess?

Time for a little booze cruise, for those who are interested.

Norwegian Sky

August 29 - September 2, 2016

RT Miami

inside guarantee $223.50 (plus $114.62 fees/taxes)

This is the ship which has Open Bar included. Does that include every alcoholic beverage, regardless of cost per drink? I don't have the answer.

This is the ship which has Open Bar included. Does that include every alcoholic beverage, regardless of cost per drink? I don't have the answer.

Here is a link to the bar menu for Sky. They have all inclusive choices and "super premium" where you have to pay for certain drinks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2301007