Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

You can go to Royal Caribbean's web site to find info about the Grandeur's 14 night transatlantic which leaves Barcelona November 7, 2012.

The least expensive inside cabin for a solo traveler is $1006.66 including taxes and fees.

The least expensive ocean view is $1246.66 including taxes and fees. This is what I have booked.

The least expensive balcony is $2086.66 which is quite a jump.

We have a small and so far not very active roll call, but I expect it to pick up with time.

I've also looked for holiday cruises and have given up for this year since I have work obligations. I was mainly looking for next year when I will no longer be working.

You'll find similar prices for Navigator of the Seas TA from Barcelona to New Orleans, leaving 11/3/2012 - also 14 days - on RCI's Web site.

A total of 9 sea days if that's a big deal to you.

I know the best deals for solo travelers seem to be inside cabins. I can't imagine not having a window if not a balcony. How do people cope?

I usually find a quiet outside spot on the 1st night and spend a LOT of time there if I want to do some water watching. I'm usually good at finding the right spot too; It's usually only me and maybe 2 or 3 other people who are quiet as well.

I know the best deals for solo travelers seem to be inside cabins. I can't imagine not having a window if not a balcony. How do people cope?

I am only in my room long enough to sleep (very little :) ), shower and dress..

I don't spend the money to go on a cruise and sit in my room by myself...I have done a balcony room with another person last year, but it wasn't a big deal to me because as I said, I'm not in the room long at all and the only reason a balcony was done last year was because the total cost was $439 for a 7 day cruise on Costa

just back from my first solo cruise--and had an inside cabin (for savings purposes). i've only been on one other cruise--with my husband for our honeymoon. and honestly, we never really looked out the window! i kind of feel like a room with a window is a waste--and i will never be ok with spending the money for a balcony. so here's how i dealt with an inside cabin...

1. i spent very, very little time in the room! this is super easy, since i was cruising solo!

2. when getting ready in the morning or before dinner (or even late at night--though it was less effective) i'd turn my tv to the 'bow cam' channel. it was kind of (but not really) like having a virtual porthole! (seriously--to save money AND be happy one must be amused by the little things in life!)

3. i found places elsewhere on the ship where i could enjoy watching the water. i'd much rather be up on deck or in a lounge with a window (i came to love spinnaker on NCL gem) where there are things going on around me than in my room!

i sincerely enjoyed my first solo cruise--even though it was done in an inside cabin. i'd so much rather go on TWO solo cruises--in an inside cabin--than one in a cabin with a balcony (or window.) until i win the lottery (or until my husband is able to travel with me), it's inside sailing for me!

At first I didn't like the inside cabin. I felt as if I always needed to leave the cabin. My next cabin had a veranda, I went out to relax and read and the noise from the adjoining cabin was so disruptive, I couldn't wait to get dressed and go to the Promenade Deck and lounge, with my book.

Getting unlucky with noisy, veranda neighbors can be a hit or a miss.....I'd rather save the money, book an inside and use it for sleeping, bathing and dressing, only. Sometimes, I like to take a nap, it's so glorious in an inside cabin, you feel like you're in a cacoon.

Inside cabins sure allow for enjoying the cruising experience more often [they don't hit the pocketbook quite so hard] and that's okay in my book!!!! ;)

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Just got an e-mail from Independent Traveler about a 7 night Western Mediterranean cruise leaving Savonna on January 14th. I checked it out, and you can go to Costa's web site to find the cruise:

Lowest single inside is $469.

Lowest ocean view single is $669.

Lowest verandah single is $1059.

If I didn't already have other plans for January, I'd be tempted.

Just got an e-mail from Independent Traveler about a 7 night Western Mediterranean cruise leaving Savonna on January 14th. I checked it out, and you can go to Costa's web site to find the cruise:

Lowest single inside is $469.

Lowest ocean view single is $669.

Lowest verandah single is $1059.

If I didn't already have other plans for January, I'd be tempted.

oh MAN! i actually didn't believe you, but i just checked and yep...there it is. it leaves on my birthday...is it a sign??? i wonder how much airfare would be...looking now...

talk about tempting!

edit--oh...even with airfare that's a REALLY good deal. and direct flights from jfk to milan with a cost airport transfer....hmmm...

Edited by elbodans

oh MAN! i actually didn't believe you, but i just checked and yep...there it is. it leaves on my birthday...is it a sign??? i wonder how much airfare would be...looking now...

talk about tempting!

edit--oh...even with airfare that's a REALLY good deal. and direct flights from jfk to milan with a cost airport transfer....hmmm...

I know, I didn't believe it either until I checked and re-checked. Unfortunately I have plans to go sit on a Caribbean beach with a friend that same week, or I'd be really tempted. Well, sitting on a Caribbean beach isn't too shabby, either!

Shopping for a 7 day for mil. Are the singles always last minute? Thanks for tips.

Absolutely not. I booked a cruise for April back in September. Sinced then the single rate has skyrocketed by about $900. This is for a 14 day cruise but still, that's a pretty steep increase. The Tuesday sales event offered by Royal Caribbean and Celebrity is a good place to look. But you must book the cruise then or the rate will change. And another thing is a lot of times the single supplement turns out to be lower than the rate shown on the chart.

RCCL:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Celebrity:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

You can save these links in your favoites since they will automatically update to the following week's offers. Lastly, guarantees, indicated by the letters W,X,Y or Z will not be available for singles as a rule, but you never know when they might make an exception.

Edited by cruise pup

Absolutely not. I booked a cruise for April back in September. Sinced then the single rate has skyrocketed by about $900. This is for a 14 day cruise but still, that's a pretty steep increase. The Tuesday sales event offered by Royal Caribbean and Celebrity is a good place to look. But you must book the cruise then or the rate will change. And another thing is a lot of times the single supplement turns out to be lower than the rate shown on the chart.

RCCL:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Celebrity:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

You can save these links in your favoites since they will automatically update to the following week's offers. Lastly, guarantees, indicated by the letters W,X,Y or Z will not be available for singles as a rule, but you never know when they might make an exception.

I got a guarantee OV cabin on Celebrity with a reduced single supplemrent. Keep looking.

Annie