Best time to cruise caribbean

ScotFi

Hi

Recently on Enchantment 9/20 had a ball. Wondering about booking for next year. I am aware that Sept is hurricane season we were fortunate this year weather was great. Normaly have our holidays Sept do people think we would be pushing our luck and should go another time of the year. If so when is the best time of year for the Caribbean.

Thanks scotfi:)

Hi

Recently on Enchantment 9/20 had a ball. Wondering about booking for next year. I am aware that Sept is hurricane season we were fortunate this year weather was great. Normaly have our holidays Sept do people think we would be pushing our luck and should go another time of the year. If so when is the best time of year for the Caribbean.

Thanks scotfi:)

Normally, we prefer December through the first week in March.

Another vote for January here. Prices are usually lower just after the holidays. College and school age kids are in class (with a few home-school exceptions) and everybody is in a good relaxed mood after the holiday madness.

Works real well for me!

To the OP: Enchantment is a great ship! Glad you had a good time.

August, September and October are the most active months for hurricanes. If you go during that time you are rolling the dice. Sometimes you loose - ask the pax that were on the carnivore conquest this month. It happened to Galveston this time but it could happen anywhere in the south. All the southern ports have suffered hurricane damage. If you go during hurricane season (June 1 to November 30), buy good trip insurance. Incidentally if you cruise out of Puerto Rico, your chances are greatly improved in not being involved in a hurricane but it is by no means totally diminished. I only cruise out of southern ports out of hurricane season.

year round......but I live in the caribbean!

Hi

You make me envious. We are home to winf=ds rain and a temp of 12 degrees.

My cruise experience continues to give me a glow.

Thanks to all for advice you never fail.

Scot fi:)

We love early April. Weather is almost always gorgeous, it is nice and warm every day - high 80's, and the water is already nice and warm. I don't like cold weather at all and love the beach so April works great for us. In all the years we have been cruising, I could probably count the number of rainy days on one hand. Also pretty much calm seas at that time also.

We love early April. Weather is almost always gorgeous, it is nice and warm every day - high 80's, and the water is already nice and warm. I don't like cold weather at all and love the beach so April works great for us. In all the years we have been cruising, I could probably count the number of rainy days on one hand. Also pretty much calm seas at that time also.
If I am cruising the western Caribbean, I prefer April too, though I like to cruise the eastern Caribbean in November.

I've sailed twice in October and 3 thimes in Feb and found that either time is fine. I would recommend late October to April. The rates are higher around the holidays and spring break so you may want to stay away from those dates.

Good luck and have fun.

Dave

We went eastern first week of September, yes we had storms to deal with, BUT there was only one ship in St. Thomas, (us) and 2 ships in St. Martin. I could not believe it when our tour guide told us that when the new pier is finished, there can be as many as 10 ships in port at one time. :eek:

Not to mention ships the size of Oasis. TOO MANY PEOPLE!

We cruise the Caribbean every year at the end February beginning of March because we are sick of Ohio's winter, and the weather has always been perfect for us, not too hot during the days and very pleasant at night.

Archived