Grand Suites reviews

sailnsee

I have had GS 1324 on the Explorer. Great cabin.:) No noise problems

at all, very quiet. Great location, Bigger balcony and Suite perks.

I agree with others that the JS closet is much bigger. The bathroom

in the GS is very large and having two sinks is always a plus.

Great Upgrade, enjoy it.

We also have booked 1324 on Explorer for Jan 2010. Have only had balcony before, so really excited.:D Glad the location is good. Does balcony have lounge chairs?

We have had two GS (Explorer and Navigator), but with myself, DH and two big sons, I did find it cramped. Our next cruise we have two connecting E1's. I am hoping that we won't feel to claustrophobic. The Grand Suite for two would be nice but I don't know if I would spend the money if it was only for DH and myself in a GS.

We also have booked 1324 on Explorer for Jan 2010. Have only had balcony before, so really excited.:D Glad the location is good. Does balcony have lounge chairs?

If I recall from my GS experiences on other Voyager-class ships, there is one lounge chair along with two regular chairs.

we had a GS on adventure on the 9/14 sailing...only one at sea day so we didnt spend as much time in it as we would have with a less port intensive itinerary. The perks were great...seems like the room steward was more attentive than with our usual Jr. Suite...Walking past the long line to board was an AWESOME perk. The CS lounge was great as well...Dee Dee always had the answers to our questions...as well as some comedic stories that were entertaining. The pillows in the suite were so wonderful and the sheets were very soft. Closet space in a Jr Suite seemed more abundant...but drawer space makes up for it...The bathroom is awesome with double sinks but DH and I are never in there at the same time so not a big perk for us...Jr Suite is great for us...but if you find a good deal and can swing a GS it is definitely worth it.

We did get a great deal (I think) on our GS, and it is a 10 night out of NJ, wihch means we have 3 sea days at beginning of cruise, and 2 at the end of cruise. So we'll have lots of time to enjoy the GS, and of course leaving NJ in Feb it'll be "chilly" the first day or so - won't be able to be poolside but can relax in style in our GS:D

Finally-found someone who has had a similiar cabin-we have 2 GS's booked later this mo. on the Navigator,(10 day-Barcelona), one is 1568-sounds like you liked it! Was there much noise from Deck 11...I asked the rep. and she said that it was at the entrance to the Solarium-looks like it is close to the whirlpool(?)-how about the sol.bar traffic.

Looking forward to the xtra space and "perks"-are D so we are getting used to the CL-love it!(O:

Please respond with all xtra info...thank you!

I was aboard Explorer in GS #1548 three weeks ago. There were 2 loungers, two chairs, and one table on the balcony.

I enjoyed deck 10.

Great Upgrade, enjoy it.

Hi,

Is there a curtain/or some type of divider between the bed area and the sitting area? I am assuming that the sofa is a sleep sofa...is that correct?

Thanks,

Hi,

Is there a curtain/or some type of divider between the bed area and the sitting area? I am assuming that the sofa is a sleep sofa...is that correct?

Thanks,

Yes, there is a curtain that can be pulled to close off the bed area from the living area. And the sofa is a sleeper sofa. However, if you want to use the restroom, you will go from the bedroom portion through the living room portion. In our recent GS, the curtain was missing. But since it was just me and DH, we didn't care.

Great Upgrade, enjoy it.

We are also in that GS on our 3/09 cruise - do you have any pics that you can share.

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks soooo much Lioness-we have booked everything from an inside to OV to Bal. to Jr. Suite (23 cruises-16 on RCCL)but have not had an GS-got an unbelievable deal (because -alas! we are getting older-Sr.)- BUT we got 2 and am not telling daughter and DH -we have cruised to Italy with them before and we had a large inside on an Italy cruise soooo thanks again for the reassurance that this willl indeed be a great and special 10 days....no noise!

Where did you get your ..CC "Name"?-there must be a story...

I have done the GS on the Mariner, Navigator, and Liberty, all very nice. Going to try out the JS on the Liberty in May. I will certainly miss the space and the perks but I think we can all agree that a smaller cabin is better than no cruise at all. :D

We just had a hump JS on the Liberty, Dan. I don't think that you will be disappointed. :)

We are looking at a GS on Grandeur for our 20th anniversary in the Fall of '09. Have not seen any experiences here in a Grandeur GS.

Anyone else been in a Grandeur GS?

Rick and Deirdra

Rick, we had a GS on the Enchantment, and loved it. We had some noise from above (ok, I think that it was stampeding elephants) on some mornings.

The cabin is very well laid out, and with just two, you will be SWIMMING in space. :)

We are looking at a GS on Grandeur for our 20th anniversary in the Fall of '09. Have not seen any experiences here in a Grandeur GS.

Anyone else been in a Grandeur GS?

Rick and Deirdra

I can let you know by the end of November. We were just upgraded to a Grand Suite on Grandeur 8510 its a wonderful surprise after all of these cruises. First upgrade, first suite. :)

Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm walking past the Ferarri dealership, I gotta look (read), but I know I'll never have one :D

Although, I notice a large amount of retired folks posting.. no kids, no mortgage, etc etc. I hope I can afford a GS one day when I am in that situation...

Ahhhh......

Not retired yet. I'm a secretary working on a secretary's salary. I brown bag it to work, stopped drinking specialty coffee and stop going to the moives. Oh did I mention my wardrobe hasn't been updated in a couple of years. :( But all this is worth it so I can have either a Jr. or Grand suite. :p

We had GS 1298 on Freedom and LOVED it.

The space was awesome. We loved the suite attendant - Caroline. No noise from above except one night on the balcony I could hear the music from the pool party above. Couldn't hear it inside the cabin.

I have shown these pictures so many times...but just in case someone hasn't seen them...lol

IMG_0719-1.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

We have been lucky enough to be in a GS on the Navigator, Adventure, Freedom and Liberty. It is a little cramped when the 4 of us together. My DD slept on the rollaway and my DS was on the sofa bed.

We love it. However, if it is just the 2 of us we will go to a JS. We work very hard to save our money and pay for our trip prior to leaving. Yes, we could make do with a balcony but we like the perks and enjoy them

Only heard noise from above on the Liberty, but the cabin attendant was absolutely the best.

We originally booked a GS on the Navigator 3 years ago and were so excited to move up from a JS (which was so nice too, especially aft). The price was comparable to what we'd paid on DCL for a "small" room w/balcony so we felt it was worth it. That trip we were upgraded (thank you Upgrade Fairy) to an OS. That really spoiled us!

Last year we had GS 1560 on the Liberty - fabulous room, location and benefits. I actually like the bathroom in the GS better than the OS because I like the tub/shower combo for shaving my legs (you get a stand-only shower and separate tub in the OS). We take full advantage of the Conciege Lounge with morning cappucinos (for me), evening drinks (we do late dinner and love meeting up in the lounge for meeting new friends and general chatting pre-dinner) and enjoy the ability to get ice show tickets and things like that from the lounge. The kids even borrowed movies to watch in the room a few times.

We will be the Mariner in 10 days (OMG!) in GS 1282 and can't wait! We booked this cruise a year ago in June and are paying less for it than we did for a New Year's Eve cruise on DCL w/a Cat 9 (NO balcony) room!

Next year we're planning on the AOS and I'm really trying to decide between an Aft JS (we're traveling w/friends booking a JS) or a GS. Either way we'll get our two credits (which is huge to me too, that cruise will take us to Diamond) and it's probably our last "big" room as we think we'll move to two smaller connecting rooms once we're Diamond (balcony discount + teenagers by then) so I'm really leaning towards the GS.

For anyone who did an AOS or similar room w/the non-glass balcony + either a Mariner or Navigator one, did you feel "cave-like" on that balcony? With an Aft JS open on the AOS, I know what to expect balcony wise (that was our first Mariner cruise, 7692, same room open on AOS) but am not sure how I'll feel w/a GS balcony without the glass wall. Thoughts? Thanks!

Archived