When will I get my Cruise Docs?

Avril

I'm sailing on my 1st HAL cruise for New Years (sail date is December 27th) on the Eurodam. :D I was just wondering when our cruise docs are likly to arrive? We've made final payment (September 21st) and booked directly through HAL. I just can't wait to do the doc dance and to see that little blue folder that I've heard about. :D I've heard HAL gives out really nice ones!!

Six to seven weeks is about average for us too. If you booked air though HAL it will be more like 3 weeks out, since they don't book the air until 30 days out.

You can go on the DHL website and use your reservation # for tracking purposes.
Just to elaborate on that: go to dhl-usa.com and use the "Track by Reference" option. Put your HAL booking number in the Reference box. If you get "No shipments found" either DHL hasn't picked them up yet, or they're in a bulk shipment to your TA.

I'm sailing on my 1st HAL cruise for New Years (sail date is December 27th) on the Eurodam. :D I was just wondering when our cruise docs are likly to arrive? We've made final payment (September 21st) and booked directly through HAL. I just can't wait to do the doc dance and to see that little blue folder that I've heard about. :D I've heard HAL gives out really nice ones!!

Are you using HAL air? If so -- you want get your documents until about the first week of December as HAL doesn't make flight arrangements until 30 days before the cruise.

Since we do our own hotels and Airlines -- we get our documents about 8 weeks before the cruise.

Wow, this is so cool. I used the tracking number for my cruise (just for the heck of it) and found my documents have been shipped to my travel agent. That means that maybe I'll be able to do the document dance soon.:D

Marie and I are using the same TA. I tracked my docs and they were delivered to the TA on the 10th. Still no sign of them here, though. I leave in three weeks, so I'm starting to get just a little nervous.

In reading threads about this in the past several people have said that some TAs do not forward the docs, particularly the great package, due to the cost of shipping. You might want to call the TA and find out their policy.

Rich

Marie and I are using the same TA. I tracked my docs and they were delivered to the TA on the 10th. Still no sign of them here, though. I leave in three weeks, so I'm starting to get just a little nervous.

I leave in 23 days, but still don't have my documents. HAL sent them to my travel agent right after Labor day.

I'm waiting until next weekend to see if they will arrive. If I don't have them my next Monday, I will call her to inquire.

I know that there are people on the November 7th and 21st Maasdam sailing that have their documents and I'm still waiting :( :( !

But it's a wonderful feeling opening up that document folder when it first arrives!

I leave on Nov 7, and all my roll call friends got theirs last week. I live in Seattle (where I assume the documents originate from), but my TA is in Florida. So mine went all the way to Florida and were mailed priority mail on the 26th and got here yesterday (29th).

Something doesn't sound right with your documents taking this long.

I did notice that my TA (well, ultimately, I guess it was me) had paid $4.80 for the Priority Mail.

Good luck and try not to worry too much.

It seems as though most have been receiving their docs about 5 weeks from cruise date.
It sometimes depends on the TA. Ours calls us the day he gets them, and we drive 3 miles to pick them up. Other people may wait a week or two for the TA to relay them.

Archived