Addicted to Cruising HAL

LadyFurn

There seem to be certain little things I notice about myself that make me believe I may be addicted to HAL cruising, such as.... I can't for the life of me remember my Social Security number but I have my Mariner number memorized... Sometimes the prices of things get compared to the prices of things onboard the ship (I could get a dinner at the Pinnacle for "that" price)... Anyone else have this problem? Oh, I know another one... I can forget an anniversary or birthday date but I always know excactly how many days until my next cruise!:p Happy HAL sailing! Cindy

Some people eat their pillow chocolates, I save save mine and make cookies with them.

I might not be the best dancer, but I sure can do the doc dance!

Certain smells remind me of being on a ship. ("This store smells like one of the onboard shops!" "the kitchen smells like the Lido!")

Sometimes I just really want to blurt out an Indonesian greeting to someone!

The only "real" jewelry I own is a medallion.

I smile everytime I am in an elevator that announces the floor you are on ...... I am secretly saying to myself "deck 3 - Promenade deck "...or "deck 9 - Lido deck"............

Everyone thinks I am crazy. It seems the only thing that I want to talk about is my last cruise or my next cruise.

When I'm alone, I watch all of my tapes or DVDs of HAL, Carnival, RCCL, or Cunard cruises.

My wife and I built a covered patio on the back of the house which we call, guess what, you're right our Veranda!

Hi my name is Melodie and I am a Hal o' holic. Its so bad that when I'm on a cruise, I'm asking if there is any vacancy on the next cruise. I'm not sure what I would do if they ever said yes! My life will not continue on if I don't have another cruise booked before I get off the present cruise , I'm sure of it.

Certain smells remind me of being on a ship. ("This store smells like one of the onboard shops!" "the kitchen smells like the Lido!")

Smells seem to evoke the most powerful memories... We ate at the Space Needle restaurant in Seattle this summer, and I swear, the place smelled just like we'd stepped onto a HAL ship - even our daughter, who hasn't been on HAL since 2004, made the same observation. We mentioned this to the server, and I'm not sure she was convinced that this was a huge compliment!

okay...I actually videotaped the sounds around the ship. I have the elevator voice...I have all the sounds for the tone when the cd makes announcements, I have the sound for the life boat drill.

I actually listen to the video and watch it when I'm about to go on a cruise. We also live near port everglades and we go to the park across from the ships called John U Lloyd park and you can watch the ships and hear all the sounds...and if the wind is blowing just right...you can smell the food.

Thank goodness...I'm addicted!!!

Hi! My name is Kathy A. I am a cruise-a-holic!

WOW !!!!

That is my line. As a matter of fact when people in my workplace have a question about cruising they say "Go ask the cruise-a-holic" (me).Also lately I am getting the shakes I have cruisewithdrawel !!!!!. I will get my fix in about 56 days !!!!:D

Looking forward to my first HCA (HAL cruisers anonymous) meeting :D

You have to be very careful with how you advertise these HCA meetings. If you just blurt it out, you might scare people and prevent them from dealing with this very serious addiction. ;)

In the ship's program, we should use something that everyone can relate to, without being intimidating...

Friends of Hal?

Friends of CC?

Any other ideas?

We're very recent to cruising, but on our 1st HAL cruise, I brought along Yankee Candle "car jar" air fresheners in the Ginger Citrus scent. To this day, everytime I smell that scent, it reminds me of the Noordam. The scent has been discontinued by Yankee, so I've had to resort to ebay to get more!

I was totally taken aback when we boarded the Noordam for the 2nd time last February...and tears welled up in my eyes. Didn't see that one coming at all! :o

We're very recent to cruising, but on our 1st HAL cruise, I brought along Yankee Candle "car jar" air fresheners in the Ginger Citrus scent. To this day, everytime I smell that scent, it reminds me of the Noordam. The scent has been discontinued by Yankee, so I've had to resort to ebay to get more!

I was totally taken aback when we boarded the Noordam for the 2nd time last February...and tears welled up in my eyes. Didn't see that one coming at all! :o

It didn't take long to get you addicted!!

**smiles at her tearful reaction getting on board the Noordam**

Great thread everyone!!

Yup, sign me up for the 12 step program of HAL-aholics. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I've only got a month left before the Noordam will take me away. :D

Unfortunately, I've still got that month to go! :(

And we all know how that last month drags on and on....

I know DH and I are addicted, we freely admit it:D I need to have at least one future cruise booked, two is better. I keep watching Samantha Brown on the RCCL Freedom of the Seas cruise on the Travel Channel - it was on again yesterday and I've already watched it a number of times. My Estee Lauder face moisturizing cream smells like the fresh sea air, so I get that fix every day. When we return home from a cruise, I'm always looking for that room steward to come in clean and leave chocolates on our pillows. Haven't had that happen yet, though. What a nice addiction to have, isn't it??

Archived