Buying a bathrobe.

COLLEYBERRY

A little silly as a question, but can you buy the Holland America bathrobes anywhere else but onboard.?

DH just happened to say "too bad I didn't get one of those bathrobes ,I found them really comfortable"( the new ones are quite nice ,not too bulky )

Be fun if he found one under the Christmas tree, part gift / part cruise souvenir. Is there a site to order things from ?

Or do I simply have to go on another Hal cruise ?( darn :rolleyes: )

:) Colleen.

and my waffle terry cloth bathrobe wait for me on Noordam in 25 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes and 5 seconds.

Holacanada from Quebec city :)

Have a wonderful cruise !!

You live in one of Canadas' most beautiful cities.

We had the best time there ,just a few weeks ago.

H:) ppy Sailings.

I just looked at HAL's website -- they have a Shop on Line store.

There is a robe listed there for $110 -- has the HAL logo on it.

I know that I have seen it cheaper on the ship.

Thanks KK , always there for us

I think you're right, not sure, but the price was( forty something ??).on board.

I will rethink this little gesture now . :) $110.00 for a good bathrobe is O.K. , but I hate missing a bargain.

That's it ,I am going another cruise !!:D

:) Colley

We bought DS one in the ship's store and it was under $50, but that was about 5 years ago.

That's kind of what I remember( $49.99 ? .) So if they haven't increased in five years that is a bargain.:)

This robe seemed different from the one we had the year before on the Zuiderdam. Still waffle ,but sort of velor terry. Cozy but not too bulky.

Thanks for the input. If they've changed the style. you need to go on another cruise too.:)

A little silly as a question, but can you buy the Holland America bathrobes anywhere else but onboard.?

DH just happened to say "too bad I didn't get one of those bathrobes ,I found them really comfortable"( the new ones are quite nice ,not too bulky )

Be fun if he found one under the Christmas tree, part gift / part cruise souvenir. Is there a site to order things from ?

Or do I simply have to go on another Hal cruise ?( darn :rolleyes: )

:) Colleen.

You can purchase them online for $49.95.

[quote name='ccnwater;165006

61]Maybe someone who is going to sail before Xmas can help Colleyberry out? Mail them the money plus shipping charges:)?

The nice part of there being a bathrobe in the cabin' date='is you don't have to take up the room in your luggage.To ask someone else to take up space is going a bit ' overboard ':) pun intended, not to mention the inconvenience of it all. But you know what? You sound like a really nice person,thanks for the nice thought. Sshh I want to go on another cruise.:D Colley[/size']

The $110 model featured in the online shop is a higher quality that the regular stateroom robe. I have the regular one that I got onboard. It's a cotton/poly, while the deluxe one is all cotton. Mine doesn't have the rolled sleeves, but it is fleece lined.

YES...you can order it as a onboard gift...that means preordered before you embark the ship and delivered to your Stateroom! That will not help the poster either!

The onboard price of $49.99 is right and they stich in your initials too!

Thanks Prada Cowboy( methinks from your handle you like to shop too):)

This is becoming a little more complicated than I thought ,DH is cute but I don't know if he's worth all this kafuffle.:D

So plan B I'll have one waiting for him in the cabin next Hal voyage.

(which I know there willl be one) I'll just budget for the luggage space.

You have all been so helpful. Thanks Colley :)

jhannah, I remember you were on the inaugral of the Eurodam.

Were the bathrobes different or was that my imagination?

Thanks Prada Cowboy( methinks from your handle you like to shop too):)

This is becoming a little more complicated than I thought ,DH is cute but I don't know if he's worth all this kafuffle.:D

So plan B I'll have one waiting for him in the cabin next Hal voyage.

(which I know there willl be one) I'll just budget for the luggage space.

You have all been so helpful. Thanks Colley :)

jhannah, I remember you were on the inaugral of the Eurodam.

Were the bathrobes different or was that my imagination?

What cruise are you on and are you staying in a Suite? If you are not staying in a Suite you may want to consider the Suite amenity package. You can be in an inside or a Verandah and pay for this package. The only reason it did not work out for us is because it included the two bathrobes and DH did not want the bathrobe (said he would never use it at home). The current price is $399.00 for a 7-10 night cruise for two. It includes the two bathrobes (value $100.00 total), unlimited laundry and pressing (value $99.00 on a 10 night cruise), 2 coffee cards (I think $60.00 value) which can be substituted for cola cards if you do not drink coffee. Other things include Champagne, flowers, bar set-up and afternoon tea daily in your stateroom. It is supposed to include unlimited DVDs (as they do with the Suites) but I am unsure about that because I know someone who ordered the package for a 20 night cruise (I think $599.00) but onboard the Noordam they said they could not do the free DVds and she was fine with the refund (I have no idea what would be the problem with the unlinited DVDs but there were problems on Noordam this summer which was not up to HAl standards).

What cruise are you on and are you staying in a Suite? If you are not staying in a Suite you may want to consider the Suite amenity package. You can be in an inside or a Verandah and pay for this package. The only reason it did not work out for us is because it included the two bathrobes and DH did not want the bathrobe (said he would never use it at home). The current price is $399.00 for a 7-10 night cruise for two. It includes the two bathrobes (value $100.00 total), unlimited laundry and pressing (value $99.00 on a 10 night cruise), 2 coffee cards (I think $60.00 value) which can be substituted for cola cards if you do not drink coffee. Other things include Champagne, flowers, bar set-up and afternoon tea daily in your stateroom. It is supposed to include unlimited DVDs (as they do with the Suites) but I am unsure about that because I know someone who ordered the package for a 20 night cruise (I think $599.00) but onboard the Noordam they said they could not do the free DVds and she was fine with the refund (I have no idea what would be the problem with the unlinited DVDs but there were problems on Noordam this summer which was not up to HAl standards).

Thanks Jade13 for all the info.

Unfortunately have yet to book our next Hal cruise . Bermuda 2010

is probably going to be our next 'happy voyage'

Sorry about Noordam DVDs. We rented some on the Eurodam (Sept) I actually was pretty impressed with the diversity of the movies in the DVD library.

Thanks again.:) :)

Can anyone advise me as to whether robes are provided for ALL stateroom categories or is it just for specific cabin cateogies? (I am referring to using them during the voyage ... not taking them home).

Thanks.

I am almost certain all categories are provided with robes. Just a little Hal perk for all to enjoy. :)

Can anyone advise me as to whether robes are provided for ALL stateroom categories or is it just for specific cabin cateogies? (I am referring to using them during the voyage ... not taking them home).

Thanks.

I am almost certain all categories are provided with robes. Just a little Hal perk for all to enjoy. :)

Colleen is correct. Every cabin on every ship has robes for use during the cruise.

Archived