HUGE Price Drops on Monarch!

I wonder if the price drops are due to economic factors or time of the year or what. As much as I would love to find price drops for my May cruise, I suspect if things continue this way, they may scrap the cruises. And that would be horrible! Still, I wouldn't mind a decent price drop or two. But I suspect I won't be seeing that for some time to come.

Erika

I think that RCCL has lowered the price on the Monarch in Florida to give the West Coast people a chance to still continue to cruise on "their" ship......and help pay for the air fare!! :D :D :D

If that ain't nuts........nothing is!! They took it away from LA...and now they pay!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Just wait until this Tuesday..........the "Sales Event" specials are going to have some rock bottom prices!

Independence Transatlantic, anyone?

Got any specifics? When is the Indy Transatlantic? That would be a fun cruise all the days at sea to check out the flowrider etc....

Wow, that's pretty amazing... my dh, dd, and I could take the 16-day repo cruise through the canal for $1900 total!!! Too bad dh can't take any time off work right now! (and we're already pulling dd out of school in January for the Serenade...)

Got any specifics? When is the Indy Transatlantic? That would be a fun cruise all the days at sea to check out the flowrider etc....

VERY cheap. And single supplement will be just 150% markup, instead of 200%. I think that there will be an interior guarantee of $499 pp. THIRTEEN DAYS for that price. No enticing ports of call; just the long, leisurely crossing on a brand new Freedom class ship.

It leaves Southampton, England on November 6 and docks in Fort Lauderdale on November 19. Plenty of time to get ready for Thanksgiving. :D

VERY cheap. And single supplement will be just 150% markup, instead of 200%. I think that there will be an interior guarantee of $499 pp. THIRTEEN DAYS for that price. No enticing ports of call; just the long, leisurely crossing on a brand new Freedom class ship.

It leaves Southampton, England on November 6 and docks in Fort Lauderdale on November 19. Plenty of time to get ready for Thanksgiving. :D

SS like that would be great. Someone has to let Hotelfixer know his imaginary travel companion will cost less on that cruise.

Guess I need to go look at the itent and see if there is a way to get off on the 14/15th and fly home, not of course from the middle of the ocean...only if stopping in the Carribean on the way in...

I would have to go solo since DW would never get that much time off from work...in fact she would just have returned from a week away on business. For me I would just have to suck it up and buy a big block of internet use time to check email.

Thanks for the info!

Where do you get the low fare notices? Emails or just searching the web?

Thanks!

On trips I book myself, I will check it myself almost every day. On my upcoming Monarch trip, I had booked the lowest outside rate on deck 8, then a week later suddenly a 'resident sale' popped up - allowed me to upgrade 5 categories and received a $150 refund.

Dave

My Jan.9th Monarch booking dropped due to residency rate, by $40 pp. This is the first time I have booked with an online travel agency. When I inquired about about a price adjustment, they said they had to check with RCCL to see if an adjustment. Is this customery? What should I expect? This might be the first and last time using an agent. Testing the waters on this one. No pun intended!!

My Jan.9th Monarch booking dropped due to residency rate, by $40 pp. This is the first time I have booked with an online travel agency. When I inquired about about a price adjustment, they said they had to check with RCCL to see if an adjustment. Is this customery? What should I expect? This might be the first and last time using an agent. Testing the waters on this one. No pun intended!!

Any thoughts?

Archived