NOS is DEC - Which is your favorite beach in Cozumel

The first time we were there we did a private tour with Heather from Adventural Naturalas (spelling is incorrect) ... It was a perfect tour! We then went to a beach near the ship .... In 2007 we went back to Cozumel and I couldn't find the beach (things had really changed since the hurricane). The second time we went to Paradise Beach ... that was great DS got to parasail, and Tom the manager even had my name written on his hand (port of call boards are great!). Jan

Sailing in December, I'll tell you where not to go...the tourist trap that is Playa Mia. We had another excursion but had to cancel last minute due to injury, and we wanted to go to a beach instead. The ship was nice about it but playa mia was the only beach excursion run by them with room left. Well, we went and it was very much average, although it was in the summer and others there told us it was a nightmare in the winter!:eek:

Paradise

More specifically, they mean http://paradise-beach-cozumel.com/ which is a great choice if you want a family friendly beach club with lots of activities. Snorkeling from shore there isn't all that great, but if you contact Tom he can arrange a snorkel trip from there for you.

If you want a quieter club, either Playa Uvas or Playa Palancar would be better choices.

I like the snorkeling at Chankanaab Park just because you did not have to know how to swim. I also liked Paradise Beach.

On one visist my husband and I rented a moped and hit several beaches. We had a great time doing this but I have heard that it is not a good idea because people drive like crazy and it is not a good place to get into an accident.

On one visist my husband and I rented a moped and hit several beaches. We had a great time doing this but I have heard that it is not a good idea because people drive like crazy and it is not a good place to get into an accident.

Is there a "good" place to get into an accident?

I agree, don't rent a moped in Cozumel. It's just an accident waiting to happen.

One of the best excursions I have ever done.........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=664528

Thanks for the info PH8! This sounds fantastic, and my MSO and I LOVE to cook. It sounds like it's right on the beach? Even better! Is there time to still spend some quality time at "a beach" if we sign up for this excursion?

Thanks for the info PH8! This sounds fantastic, and my MSO and I LOVE to cook. It sounds like it's right on the beach? Even better! Is there time to still spend some quality time at "a beach" if we sign up for this excursion?

Yes,there is time........I forget exactly how much(at least an hour),but thats only if you take RCCL's transport back to the ship.............you can always stay longer and take a taxi back on your own..

Yes,there is time........I forget exactly how much(at least an hour),but thats only if you take RCCL's transport back to the ship.............you can always stay longer and take a taxi back on your own..

FOUND IT:

cor_shoreexcursions_hdr2.gif Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting - CZB5

Ever wanted to prepare a full course Mexican meal? Get the opportunity to learn while having a very enjoyable time. All participants will be served their own creations accompanied by fine Mexican wines and a festive Mexican atmosphere.

Ready to reserve this excursion?

And now I'm even MORE excited ! !

Thanks Again!

Been twice and is the best beach we have been to.

I agree, we did the Passion Island excursion in 2006 and it was awesome! The beach was beautiful. I read somewhere on these boards that the island is actually owned by Corona and they film some of the commericials there. The food and drinks were great as well. :D

If you read thru that whole thread,you'll see pics...........

When in Dec are you going???

I'll definitely go through the last thread ... pictures are always more convincing than the RCCL description ;)

We're heading to FLL Dec 10, sail Dec 11 for a four nighter. First short cruise, I hope I enjoy it as much as the 7 night.

Is there a Formal Night on the 4 night?

Heres some of the pics.....click on this menu(thats what you are going to make) and there will be more pics for you to see.

Yes, there is a formal night........the 2nd night.............

We'll be gettting on the NV as you get off(we're going Dec 15th)

2518486740042692775S500x500Q85.jpg

I'm not sure about the specific problems the previous posters had, but we have always enjoyed Playa Mia and have been there four or five times. There is a market that you walk through on your way to the beach, but we've never had any problem just walking on past if we didn't want to shop.

The beach is nice (not the fluffiest sand ever, a bit coarse), the water is beautiful, and the price for admission with open bar is downright cheap. Yes, they try to upsell you on overpriced massages, photos with a parrot, parasailing, jet ski rentals, etc. but I've never been pressured in the least. The food is reasonable and pretty good as well.

The only thing we miss there is Angelo. He was our waiter, and that guy never let your drink get empty! He finally retired last year, though, and as he was about 70, I'm sure it was a well deserved retirement.

I am not a Playa Mia fan. It's not that Playa Mia is BAD or anything. I guess there are just better beaches out there. ;)

Playa Mia has all of the water toys. It has a pool next to the bar so you can sit in the pool with your drinks. It has a trampoline and things like that.

For most things to do, it seems like Chankanaab seems to be a good place.

For NOTHING to do but relax and kick back on a beautiful stretch of beach, then Passion Island is the place to go. So in Feb, we are going to Passion Island. I need to do nothing for a while. :D

How did you get to Paradise Beach? We went a few years ago and I believe we caught a cab from the pier and asked to go to Paradise Beach and then there were taxis waiting outside Paradise Beach to bring us home. Does anyone remember how much it was each way and if it is still this way? I believe the Enchantment leaves mid-afternoon and I always get worried that we'll miss the ship.

I'm not sure about the specific problems the previous posters had, but we have always enjoyed Playa Mia and have been there four or five times. There is a market that you walk through on your way to the beach, but we've never had any problem just walking on past if we didn't want to shop.

The beach is nice (not the fluffiest sand ever, a bit coarse), the water is beautiful, and the price for admission with open bar is downright cheap. Yes, they try to upsell you on overpriced massages, photos with a parrot, parasailing, jet ski rentals, etc. but I've never been pressured in the least. The food is reasonable and pretty good as well.

The only thing we miss there is Angelo. He was our waiter, and that guy never let your drink get empty! He finally retired last year, though, and as he was about 70, I'm sure it was a well deserved retirement.

Most of the day was too early for me to drink, but thats my choice. I found the food buffet to be dull and fly infested. The water trampoline had a dangerous hole. Maybe not terrible, but I'll look for better this time.

Archived