9:55 a.m. flight doable from San Diego

DP

Considering that the airport and cruise terminal are so close will we be able to make this flight. What time does RCCL commence disembarkation upon arrival in San Diego?

I wouldn't attempt it, even though the airport is extremely close. I've had times where I've gone through security at SAN in no time at all, others where it took well over an hour - and these were on the same day of the week, at the same time of day, so you just never know.

Since a 9:55 flight means that you have to be at the airport by 8:55 at the latest, I would not attempt it anyhow. No one can disembark the ship until all the luggage is ashore and ready for pickup and the Immigration authorities have cleared all the non-US citizens aboard. There always seem to be late-comers who delay the process. We live here and never arrange pier pick-up before 9:30 and seldom are we off that early.:)

Unless you do express debark, and carry off your own luggage. Which is usually around 7:00 am??? But as others have said, that is if all goes smoothly. One screw up with customs/immigration can hold up the whole process.

the airport is very close to the port and it is quite possible you will be fine but it is still earlier than I would try...why ruin the last day of the trip stressing about making the flight the next day. I would try for a later flight or stay another day

I agree. If you are flying home (international flight) you need to be there even earlier than 8:55AM, and I have stood in line for security for over 45 minutes on a busy AM. As a non-USA citizen, you may also take longer to clear Customs and Immigration at the pier as well.

Stay another day and enjoy America's Finest City!

If you're flying to a US airport, I would consider this tight a schedule virtually impossible. If it's to a Canadian airport, you can take the virtually out of that phrase - you would need to be at the airport before 8am, and it just ain't happening.

Considering that the airport and cruise terminal are so close will we be able to make this flight. What time does RCCL commence disembarkation upon arrival in San Diego?

"will we be able to make this flight?"

NO

Your luggage has to be checked at the airport 30 minutes before departure or the computers will not print the tags....since they can not get the luggage on the plane after that.

.....and.....at times the security lines at the airport can be lengthy.

I would not book a flight that early.

Are you flying on United? This is one of the least busy terminals at SAN and if you have elite status on Air Canada you may be able to skip some of the line.

I think you can get early departure status if you carry your own luggage off the ship. This will also get you ahead of the pack in arriving at the airport.

While not advisable, this is almost within the realm of realistic possibility in my opinion.

My estimated timeline

Off ship by 7:30

Cab to Airport - 10-20 minutes

Self Serve Check in - 20-30 minutes

Security bag scan - 20-30 minutes

Security line at UA - 20-30 minutes

Total time - 70-110 minutes

At gate earliest 8:40

At gate latest 9:40

Departure 9:55 leaving 15 minutes to spare! No sweat! icon7.gif

Archived