Carnival to eliminate fuel charge under certain conditions.

Hypo

Paid $3.59 at the BP at Devon and Ridge. There is something going on in Rogers Park with the gas stations. They are always a lot higher than everybody else, but lately its been super cheap, compared to others. Maybe the pumps are cheating....

Your right, doesn't make sense! I am from Orange County Cal. and I just paid about an hour ago, $3.38 for regular unleaded. Hmmm......

And locally, almost as far away from any refineries as we can get, local stations are selling 87 octane unleaded gasoline for as little as $2.87 a gallon. Question is, what will the price be after the November elections?:rolleyes:

Yeah, we are down to $2.75 here.. I don't expect it to last long though.

Actually the prices for a gallon of gas will be going lower in the next few weeks/months. Around $2.00-$2.25 per gallon is what I'm hearing. How long that will last is anyone's guess?

We were in Nashville, TN a few weeks ago where many of the stations had no gas at all and the ones that did were charging over $4.50 per gallon for regular unleaded. The current situation with the stock market has overshadowed the dramatic drop in the price for a gallon of gas. All news is not bad news. Anyone see the price of Royal Caribbean stock? If it falls much lower I may be tempted to buy 100 shares. :)

I think what Carnival is doing makes sense. Some may say there's not a chance of all these conditions being met. But, that shows how Carnival understands how the market may fluctuate, and this keeps them from changing policy day to day. It's alway good PR to stay pro-active, even if the outcome is uneventful.

As far as the price of gas we are still about $3.15 here in phoenix. I remember when it hit $3 and everybody went crazy. Hopefully people are not so use to $4 that they are satisfied with the current prices.

Raising prices in this economy might not be so easy. Now we will have the old all inclusive, except for taxes price showing.

I personally hope RCL follows suit. I dont get why no one seems to care if RCL eliminates the fuel surcharge?? Im paying $10 my next RCL cruise, so Im hoping RCL follows suit. It will be harder to tack and extra $70 onto my fare without me noticing.

RCL I for one hope to hear from you too what you are putting in place to eliminate or reduce fuel surcharges.

I totally agree with you. Whether they get the money another way or not....If a cruiseline adds a fuel surcharge after gas/oil hits a certain price then it should eliminate the surcharge once the gas/oil price dips below that price.

Everthing else... prices going up, prices going down, different promotions is a whole other story.

I applaud Carnival and hope RCI and NCL and others follow suit. Anything less is a rip off!

I totally agree with you. Whether they get the money another way or not....If a cruiseline adds a fuel surcharge after gas/oil hits a certain price then it should eliminate the surcharge once the gas/oil price dips below that price.

Everthing else... prices going up, prices going down, different promotions is a whole other story.

I applaud Carnival and hope RCI and NCL and others follow suit. Anything less is a rip off!

Im glad someone else seems to think being charged $10 a day for fuel when I just booked in the last couple of weeks and oil is now down in the $80 range is a bit high to be charging still. I think there are others like me who are waiting to book because of the fuel surcharge, they know it HAS to come down or come off.

You need to come further south. We were $2.63 in Cincy.....

I think it really shows speculators are the ones really driving oil prices. If the price of oil continues to decline if RCI will refund in the form of at least an OBC for my cruise booked almost a year ago, but upcoming for next April. They refunded the surcharge for my Freedom cruise, but that was only because they added it on after we booked. I think that one was $70 for two of us on a 7 day, this one is $100 for a 5 day.

Archived