We should all switch to Carnival...

J-Hawk

if RCCL doesn't remove their fuel surcharges. That fee is no longer necessary.

Jennifer,

You disappeared? I would never leave RCCL. It is not fair to try and get everyone to change lines because the fare structure is different at another line. RCCL is my drug of choice!!!

I'm not picky, I will cruise NCL, CCL, RCCL, XYZ, and sometimes even ABC as long as basic standards have been met.

Mind you, I say this now.. After I sail on the Freedom, I may be dying all my underwear "RCI Blue". :D

Yea, looking at your previous cruises, I think I can safely say that your Freedom sailing will be NOTHING like your others. You will be SOOO wow'd!

Yeah, we'll be giving Carnival a try. It's either not sail on the weekends any more or sail on Paradise. Wah!:(

Think positive! You may love it! Or not.....:o

But let me know so I can decide if I'll fork out the dough to actually fly to sail on the Paradise.:eek:

:D:DI'm laughing to myself because I really think this is a joke! :D:D

It is, right?

Yes, it was a joke (take a look at my cruise history), but I was having fun getting beaten up by everyone. You seemed to be the only one that got it.

I agree that now that prices are back down to less than $90/barrel that fuel surcharges should be eliminated.

I'm "hoping" that since carnival has dropped their surcharges other lines will follow their lead. After all, Carnival was the first to implement it & everyone else followed their lead.

If not . . . perhaps it IS time to take a closer look @ CCL.

(It's the prinipal of the matter).

I agree that now that prices are back down to less than $90/barrel that fuel surcharges should be eliminated.

I'm "hoping" that since carnival has dropped their surcharges other lines will follow their lead. After all, Carnival was the first to implement it & everyone else followed their lead.

they haven't really dropped them, they have eliminated them for 2010 but are raising the prices across the board. For 2009 there is so many "If's " that it will be near to impossible to figure out if you are entitled to the refund. :eek:

if RCCL doesn't remove their fuel surcharges. That fee is no longer necessary.

I have sailed Carnival and had a very good time. But, that was before I found RCCL. It would take more than Carnival dropping their fuel charge to get me off of RCCL.

I have sailed Carnival and had a very good time. But, that was before I found RCCL. It would take more than Carnival dropping their fuel charge to get me off of RCCL.
I agree 110% with Alexis, no way I am going to stop cruising with RCCL because they have not yet dropped the fuel surcharge.

(It's the prinipal of the matter).

Look again at Carnival's announcement and be sure to read the conditions that they have set before they reduce or eliminate the surcharges in 2008 and 2009. It might be difficult in the current economy for the price of oil not to exceed the level they have set everyday for a thirty day period. You might also wait to see what the price increases will amount to in 2010. That might easily eliminate any savings that we would see from the dropped fuel surcharges. At least now the fuel surcharges are easy to see and when the situation changes as it has in recent weeks, to argue that they should be reduced or eliminated. What argument can we use in 2010 when the basic cruise price is raised, especially if the increase is in excess of what the fuel surcharge was?

Carnival pretty much had to be dragged kicking and screaming into acceding to the Florida AG's demands last winter. They were the last to agree. Have they suddenly become a benevolent corporation concerned with their passengers or do they think that it is a good PR move to appear to be doing something to reduce our costs, but to set the criteria so high that they may not have to follow through?:rolleyes:

Archived