We should all switch to Carnival...

J-Hawk

It would take a LOT more then a few bucks for the fuel surcharge for me to go back....like a free cruise....and not sure even then!!!:eek::D:rolleyes:

And besides did you miss the line in the article that says Carnival is RAISING their prices, so you are still paying it just in a different form

My first cruise was on Carnival, 13 long years later I convinced my DH to try a 4 day cruise on RCCL. Since then we cruise at least twice a year on RCCL.

Nope not going back to Carnival, I don't want to wait another 13 years between cruises.

Its all a numbers game. Carnival may take away the fuel charge but will be increasing their fares. You pay no matter what.

BUT ...

I would prefer if all charges and fees where just put right into the bottom line price on a cruise fare though.

Carnival is not exactly removing their fuel surcharge. They have only stated that it would be removed when (and if) oil is less than $70.00 a barrel for amost a month prior to your cruise. One day over $70 would negate the removal. Since oil has yet to trade at or less than $70, it is a moot point.

Hypo

I'm not picky, I will cruise NCL, CCL, RCCL, XYZ, and sometimes even ABC as long as basic standards have been met.

Mind you, I say this now.. After I sail on the Freedom, I may be dying all my underwear "RCI Blue". :D

We just got back from Monarch, and our ship is leaving LA forever. :mad: Our only short cruise choice will be Carnival...and my DW stated (again) "You won't catch me dead on ANY Carnival ship - EVER!".

A couple of months ago, we got hit with a $600 pp fuel surcharge on our Antarctica trip. They are dropping it on cruises booked for 2010....but if we cancel now - we lose $1500 even if we re-book for 2010.

With those stories said....they get us regardless.

Dave

if RCCL doesn't remove their fuel surcharges. That fee is no longer necessary.

Ain't gonna happen. Please read the Carnival announcement more carefully before suggesting that we transfer our allegiance from RCI to Carnival. Carnival has set a very strict set of requirements that have to happen before they reduce or refund any surcharges currently in effect. Unless those specific events occur, they will not be making any reductions. and, as far as not charging a fuel surcharge in 2010 and beyond, that is offset by a price increase of at least an equivalent amount. If you think that you will see any savings under this procedure, you may want to re-examine your thought process. Once the surcharge is effectively folded into the basic cruise fare, the chances of any subsequent reduction are slim or none. :(

Rest assured that if Carnival actually eliminates the current fuel surcharge the other lines will eventually follow suit, so moving from a line which offers a cruise experience that suits our tastes to one that is less appealing to us is really not an option.:rolleyes:

You might also recall that Carnival was the very last line to capitulate to the Florida AG's demand that they refund the surcharge to those cruisers who had booked their cruises prior to the effective date of the imposition of the surcharge. Their latest maneuver may sound attractive but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Let's wait and see if they actually follow through before we sing their hosannahs.

. and, as far as not charging a fuel surcharge in 2010 and beyond, that is offset by a price increase of at least an equivalent amount. .

As the CC article says, we dont know that they will raise the prices equal to the amount of the surcharge, that remains to be seen.

Lets not jump the gun here.

As the CC article says, we dont know that they will raise the prices equal to the amount of the surcharge, that remains to be seen.

Lets not jump the gun here.

You might be right but only time will tell. I'm not inclined to believe that Carnival's announcement is based on any intrinsic benevolence on their part. However, any price increase that is made in the fare is less likely to be removed or reduced. At least the fuel surcharge stands out as a separate cost and any increase or decrease is immediately obvious.

HHAHA, good one.

Do you know that even though Carnival is removing their fuel surcharge, they are raising the fares on all cruises to make up for the loss of charge for fuel.

And even if they did remove their fuel surcharge and keep the fares the same, I would still stay with Royal Caribbean. I would rather pay a little bit more for royal caribbean, then on a carnival.

Also relates to our Bermuda cruise next year, NCL Dawn is same price but 7 more nights (I hate that Explorer is only 5 nights) but we are sticking with RCI and going on Explorer because we love their ships, food, etc.

Have fun. I think i will stick with RCI. I don't mind paying a surcharge that keeps my favorite line profitable and in business. It's a vacation that you choose to do so either pay what it costs or do something else.

We just got back from Monarch, and our ship is leaving LA forever. :mad: Our only short cruise choice will be Carnival...and my DW stated (again) "You won't catch me dead on ANY Carnival ship - EVER!".

Yeah, we'll be giving Carnival a try. It's either not sail on the weekends any more or sail on Paradise. Wah!:(

I looked at booking my Panama Canal for fall of 2009 with Princess. It was more reasonable then RCL and no fuel surcharge was the icing on the cake. I don't care for carnival but i think Princess is more like RCL than not.

why no fuel surcharge? Carnival corp is not dropping them until 2010 and then they are raising the prices

Archived