Ronys Independent Tours

hagges

We booked with Rony for our visit to Roatan last week - as did another group on our Roll Call. Excellent communication and service. Our driver Fito took us wherever we wanted to go - and while enjoying the Mayan Princess resort that afternoon Rony stopped by to check on us and make sure we were having a good time!

Also got an email upon our return asking how we like our tour! I would not hesitate to book with Rony again!

:D Thanks for that recent feedback - do you mind telling me a bit more about where you went on the tour - thanks :D

:D Thanks for that recent feedback - do you mind telling me a bit more about where you went on the tour - thanks :D

Sure - had to walk 'out' of the port complex and up a hill - Rony was waiting there and introduced us to our driver Fito. Then we waited about 10-15 mins for others to join us - and all got into a van to transport us to the 'parking lot' where the various cars/drivers were located (like a 1 minute drive).

Then off we went to the Iguana Farm - WOW couldn't have imagined this in my wildest dreams! Spent about 30 mins there I think? Then off to a pharmacy in French Harbour (my cruise buddy was looking for some cheap prescription meds) - found one but not the other. Then drove around the island to Victor Bodden's Monkey stop - lots of fun there - monkeys, parrots, coatimundie, roatan rabbits, deer, cows, etc. Probably another 30 mins there?

Then a photo opp stop and grocery store stop for cold drinks......by this time the SUN had come out (it was a bit gray and overcast at first) and we really wanted to swim and cool off - so now the drive to the Mayan Princess resort hoping we could get in (recent valor cruisers were reporting that when they arrived they were 'full' and were not issuing any more day passes).

Arrived there around 2:15 pm (ship docked at noon - and we were probably off shortly after that?).....and I was thrilled to see them holding out those wristbands for us ($10 pp) - we arranged for the driver to come back at 4:30 pm and off we went to the beach for a while then to the gorgeous pool. This is when Rony showed up to check on us.

At 4:30 we met back up with the driver for the drive back to the port - with one more pharmacy stop. We arrived just as it started to POUR...and I mean POUR.....we wrapped ourselved in our towels (as did everyone else) and proceeded thru the port area and onto the ship dripping wet! Ship was leaving at 7 pm (which was 6 pm roatan time).

Your tour can be customized as you wish so feel free to do some research and find out what you want to see (friends of ours toured with Rony and went to several different beaches and snorkel sites as they is what they wanted to do!)

Anyone have his latest rates??? We are two adults. Could maybe find another couple to tag along with but dont really want to go with a crowd. TY

We went in September 2008 with another couple we meet on the roll call board in a car and paid $25 per person plus any entrance fees. We just went in December, 6 of us in a van and paid $25 per person, plus any entrance fees. I think if you only have 2 people it is $80.

• 1 year later...

We used Rony's about a month ago. Had Francisco as a driver. He's a teacher who does part time driving for Rony. Did not go to the orphanage. Just had him show us some sites, went to the Iquana farm, then to Banaramas at west bay. Francisco waited for us to return to the ship. Met Rony's dad on the tour, did not meet Rony. Rony did email us before we left to make sure we had all the info on where to meet etc. Then he emailed us after we were home to check on our trip and how we liked the tour.

It was a fun day and would use Rony again.

Anyone done a tour with him lately? We are thinking of doing a tour that goes to a orphanage. Anyone done this?

Teena:D

DW and I just got back from stop in Roatan and used Rony's. We had a great time and Roatan was highlight of our cruise. We had Rony's father, Cameron, as our driver.

i just got back sunday after a trip on the Carnival Legend. Roatan was by far our favorite port. My wife and I had the driver pictured below in the middle, can't remember his name, does any one know his name? He was awesome and took us wherever we wanted. We saw the monkeys and the Mayan Jungle zipline area, which was pretty cool for only $5 per person. We then went ziplining at South Shore Zipline. This was one of the highlights of the trip for me, along with all of Roatan and horseback riding on the beach in Cozumel. We finished the rest of our day at Halfmoon Bay, which had amazing snorkeling and even got to swim with a spotted eagle ray.

I def recommend Rony's Tours. My wife and I already want to go back to Roatan.

meetingsign3.jpg

We just got back from our cruise and did Rony's tour on Roatan. There were 2 of us and we got a young lad as our driver. He was most informative when we had questions for him and he told us a lot about the island. Our driver, the name escapes me, did his best, and we did enjoy our time. I do think, however, that someone with more experience would have been more colorful and would have had more stories to share. We did go and visit a school. It was not a public school, which we were hoping to visit, but it was educational nevertheless. We went to a restaurant, not Rony's mother's, and it was OK. It didn't have the authenticity that we were hoping for. Did the iguana farm, stopped at a local grocery mart, took in some sights, and went to West Bay Beach. Our driver suggested a private beach that cost $10 per person, but we had heard good things about West Bay Beach, so we chose to go there instead. It was very pretty, but crowded. Didn't bother us too much. It was also full of beach vendors trying to sell their wares. Then it was time to go back to the ship!

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise on Crown Princess. We had booked with Ronys Tours before we left. Rony gave us very good directions on where to meet him outside of pier area. We had Rony as our guide and it was only myself and DH. We had picked zip lining with South Shore and then went to West Bay beach at Bananarama entrance. We thoroughly enjoyed our day. The zip line was so much fun and the beach was beautiful. Rony even offered to stay with us at the beach and watch our things while we snorkeled, but we just took turns. We arranged a time to meet him, and he was right on time. He offered to take us shopping, but we were tired and only wanted to purchase coffee. He took us to a store and showed us which coffee to buy and then took us back to ship. :D:D

We had a very good day and would highly recommend Rony and his company. He has several tours to pick from so you can so whatever appeals to you. His website is: http://www.ronystours.com/index.html

I sent Rony an email about possible tour in June 2012. He responded right away. We asked if we would have time to zipline at Pirates, see the monkeys and have beach time.

He said that we could do this.

We will have at 5 of us and our youngest will be 3.

I appreciated how quickly he got back to us so that is a good 1st impession.

Does anyone else have Rony's tours experienciences to share?

We've used Rony every time we are in Honduras. I can recommend him without hesitation. It is really nice to have a private driver - go where you want when you want - stay as long as you like. See something interesting - stop and take photos. His prices are much less than ship excursions and you can totally plan your day the way you'd like. He is very reliable and you can tell he genuinely cares about every customer. I can't imagine finding a better tour company than Rony's.

I would strongly recommend Rony. (Rony is is the guy in the middle in the photo above) We spent the day with him 2 weeks ago. He is a wonderful guy, his english is perfect, and he is very easy going, just like the rest of the island. -Loved Roatan.

We booked a zip line tour w/ Rony last week. His dad was our driver, great tour guide!!!! He took us to zip lining and waited for us, then off to West Bay beach. We arranged a pick up time and he actually waited at the beach for us invade we needed him. I HIGHLY recommend Rony Tours!!!! I felt like I was spending the day w/ a friend :)

• 5 months later...

Archived