Back from Bermuda!

Vic The Parrot

I am glad you liked your cruise!:)

Was it on Zenith or Horizon?

I love Celebrity and really wish one of these ships will start sailing Bermuda from Boston.(or maybe HAl can work something out)

Of course NCL Majesty is an option but with 108 sq. ft. cabins :eek: and infirior service it's not an option for our family of 3.

Hi Vic....Welcome Back. Glad you had a good time.

When you post your comments, would you cc them over here so we can read them also? I try very hard to notvisit the Celebrity Board but would enjoy reading what you have to say.

Thanks if you think you can do that.

Thanks for the Link, Ziggy.

Great Review, Vic.

Happy you had such a good time.

We cruised seven days roundtrip from New York to Bermuda on Zenith about 4 years ago. Happy to hear they have kept Zenthy in good shape.

Welcome home, Vic and thanks for the review. What were the ports of call on this cruise?

An aside:

Of course NCL Majesty is an option but with 108 sq. ft. cabins :eek: and infirior service it's not an option for our family of 3.
Norwegian Majesty has many cabins that are larger than 108 square feet (although it's true that standard cabins are this smaller size). There are lots of cabins that are 145 square feet as well as a number of suites. The 145-square foot cabin was just fine for our family of 3. And for us, service was far from inferior. Many of the crew have been with the ship for a long time and their pride in the ship certainly shows. We've been on the ship a couple of times and found the dining room service to be better than that in the Caronia Restaurant on QE2. I understand your concerns, but I wouldn't rule it out. JMHO.

P.S. If HAL did Boston to Bermuda route in the summer, I'd still be among the first to sign up. :)

P.S. If HAL did Boston to Bermuda route in the summer, I'd still be among the first to sign up. :)

Me tooooo!!!! I'd be second in line; right behind you.

(Thanks, Heather. :) )

Me 4!!!

Well, not from Boston. LOL

On reading this, I'm starting to think why HAL gave up the NY/Bermuda run. Look at it this way, eventually even X will

stop when they finally get rid of the Zenith and Horizon.

It's bound to happen. And after that, what will we have?

Seems like Carnival failed on that, don't see any more ads for them doing Bermuda. (And I won't go on Carnival anyway)

NCL .. they seem ok. Celebrity is the closest to HAL as far as luxe is concerned. Cunard won't be going back because thier newest tub is too damn big to squeeze into the Great Sound!

Sigh .... does HAL actually these boards?

Maybe if we spoke up, they'll put a ship on that fabulous run.

And by the way, I would love to sail from Boston.

I keep hearing about the scenery as the ships sail past the waterfront, on the way to the ocean.

Gives me an idea for a neat summer vaca .... Boston to Bermuda.

Stay pre-cruise. Catch a game at Fenway. Cmon Sail, twist my arm!

:-D

Rhode Island---and all of New England, for that matter---have a lot to recommend them for pre-cruise in Boston. There's a lot of history in each state. Arguably the first skirmish of the Revolution was in R.I. and there are events to commemorate it every year, culminating in a re-enactment of the burning of the Gaspee.

Don't need to go to Fenway for a good baseball game---there's a triple-A Red Sox team in R.I.---cheaper, can easily move around, can even talk to the players in the dugout and get autographs!

Convinced? Try a NE/Canada cruise if HAL won't start Boston-Bermuda runs.

(Oh, and it costs a lot less to visit R.I. than Massachusetts!)

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome home, Vic and thanks for the review. What were the ports of call on this cruise?

Hi Lisa

Just realized I never answered your question.......

Sorry about that, got involved in a few things.

Anyway, the ship stopped at Bermuda, Halifax, and Newport.

It's a strange itinerary, but served it's purpose well!

catch you later!

:-D

An hour and a half? Maybe if you walk!

Seriously, depending on traffic, and the starting point in R.I. figure an hour. The bus is supposed to be 55 minutes from Providence to Boston, but there are a couple of stops.

Newport to Boston will be a bit longer because it isn't all interstate. Westerly (the furthest point away) to Boston would be about that hour and a half.

Let's put it this way---once in a while my husband used to ask "want to go to New Hampshire for dinner?" It was do-able. Boston isn't nearly that far.

Archived