WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Hi, Andy.

It's my understanding ''Big John'' is at the end of his current contract anyways and is coming back home in KY for his ''vacation'' .His current contract was longer than the norm but he was gloating about the fact he was going to ''close her out''.I sure hope he stays with == X == where whichever ship he is assigned to will be '' lucky''.

Same applies to Captain Georges whose last assignment included the hand-over after the last voyage...however, in his case, don't have a clue where he's heading after going back home to Cambridge for a well deserved rest. ( Is he staying thru drydock in Singapore ? or not ? )

Do we know if the deal with SkySea Cruise includes providing bridge and other officers, similar to what happened with TUI Cruises ? I think RCL provided senior officers and bridge personnel for one year following Galaxy's and Mercury's handover to TUI...

Cheers

Happy Easter

Claude

Thank you Claude. Hope you had a wonderful Easter !

When Century leaves the fleet Jonette is heading to Millennium for a few weeks to help out on the transatlantic before going on leave

Glad to hear Uktog. We thought Jonette was outstanding, and hope to meet her again on a future Celebrity sailing.

Edited by Host Andy

We hope that many more Century crew members will be back on other Celebrity ships.

We hope so too Arno.

Wishing you and Joanne a wonderful time on Constellation. Wondering if our ships meet at any point - we're on Equinox from the 17th - 27th. Would be so nice to see you and Joanne again !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi, Andy.

It's my understanding ''Big John'' is at the end of his current contract anyways and is coming back home in KY for his ''vacation'' .His current contract was longer than the norm but he was gloating about the fact he was going to ''close her out''.I sure hope he stays with == X == where whichever ship he is assigned to will be '' lucky''.

Same applies to Captain Georges whose last assignment included the hand-over after the last voyage...however, in his case, don't have a clue where he's heading after going back home to Cambridge for a well deserved rest. ( Is he staying thru drydock in Singapore ? or not ? )

Do we know if the deal with SkySea Cruise includes providing bridge and other officers, similar to what happened with TUI Cruises ? I think RCL provided senior officers and bridge personnel for one year following Galaxy's and Mercury's handover to TUI...

Cheers

Happy Easter

Claude

Flora and I left CN on 22 Feb. The Master told us he will complete his contract with CN. Deck and Engineering departments along with Hotel services will remain with her when she leaves the fleet. Celebrity will administer the ship for five years because the Chinese do not know the cruising busness. During that time the rotations for the afore mentioned departments will continue as normal or until the Chinese are ready to take over. ~ Rick

Flora and I left CN on 22 Feb. The Master told us he will complete his contract with CN. Deck and Engineering departments along with Hotel services will remain with her when she leaves the fleet. Celebrity will administer the ship for five years because the Chinese do not know the cruising busness. During that time the rotations for the afore mentioned departments will continue as normal or until the Chinese are ready to take over. ~ Rick

LOL! Did it to the Quantum! And who knows which ships are next?

We hope so too Arno.

Wishing you and Joanne a wonderful time on Constellation. Wondering if our ships meet at any point - we're on Equinox from the 17th - 27th. Would be so nice to see you and Joanne again !

So nice to hear Andy that you will be going on Equinox. I will be sailing with my family members. Will be nice to see you and your mom next week.

Isabella

On Constellation right now 4-7-15

Master Nikolas Christodoulakis

Staff Captain Nikolaos Zacharopolous

Chief Engineer Nikolaos Politsis

Guest Relations Manager Sinisa Micetic

Hotel Director Oswald Harbrecht

Cruise Director Alejandro Tortorelli

Executive Chef Andy Bouchard

Captain's Club host Graeme Kelleher

Michael's Club concierge Leo Bianu/ Gareth Watkins

Leo Bianu goes on vacation after this sailing. Gareth who is onboard will have the next several month rotation. Raffle Bernard is onboard and starts again for Thursday's transatlantic. Graeme just replaced Lionel about 10 days ago and will be on during his vacation

Have a great cruise Kelcie !!

Hi,Rick

Thanks for the ''on site'' report. Wouldn't you think 5 years to acclimatize the Chinese crew is a bit....long ? After all, Star Cruises has operated in the Chinese market for years...and they certainly know a thing or two about cruising industry. And as a previous major shareholder/stakeholder in NCL, the ''big players'' circle is not something new to them.

How long are you staying over in Vancouver off Millie this spring ? We'd love to meet up for a liquid meet'n'greet....been a while.

Best regards to Flo.

Cheers

Claude

Hi,Rick

Thanks for the ''on site'' report. Wouldn't you think 5 years to acclimatize the Chinese crew is a bit....long ? After all, Star Cruises has operated in the Chinese market for years...and they certainly know a thing or two about cruising industry. And as a previous major shareholder/stakeholder in NCL, the ''big players'' circle is not something new to them.

How long are you staying over in Vancouver off Millie this spring ? We'd love to meet up for a liquid meet'n'greet....been a while.

Best regards to Flo.

Cheers

Claude

Mr. Claude

May have been part of the deal, eh? You know they are paying X a small nominal fee for the service. Over five years, a tidy sum. ~ Rick

IT would-be a pitty as Century's crew was lost for five years! I don't think it'll take that long as new X ships coming 2017! We are going to miss this crew. Hope they'll be back soon. After Captain Rockstar Pagonis another favorite Captain George Iatrou is leaving. Our favorite alternating couple of new style Captains: Captains Tasos Kafetzis and George Iatrou,

IT would-be a pitty as Century's crew was lost for five years! I don't think it'll take that long as new X ships coming 2017! We are going to miss this crew. Hope they'll be back soon. After Captain Rockstar Pagonis another favorite Captain George Iatrou is leaving. Our favorite alternating couple of new style Captains: Captains Tasos Kafetzis and George Iatrou,

Captain George will soon be on another Celebrity ship, probably Millennium.

A certain other captain, lacking the charm and willingness to meet and greet passengers will be going to Century.

our first Celebrity cruise was on the Century to Hawaii and John was CD then. got to meet him and take a couple of times. We both came down with this Chest crude that hit something like 30 of us on the ship. I shared my Halls with him LOL

Thank you Claude. Hope you had a wonderful Easter !

Captain George will soon be on another Celebrity ship, probably Millennium.

A certain other captain, lacking the charm and willingness to meet and greet passengers will be going to Century.

a.k.a. ''the funeral director'' ??;) initials ''A P '' ?

Re;Capt.Georges= I know he would not want to be on the ''contracted bridge officers deployment'' for SkySea...With a wife and 2 young kids in Cambridge,UK., our own WestCoast is as far as he'd be comfortable with.

And that's Millie's territory for at least the next 2 summers.

How's Connie treating you ?

Cheers

Claude

Well said.

But,AFAIK, Capt Georges is not ''leaving Celebrity'' at all...he simply will not be part of the senior officers who will be on what I call the ''contracted senior officers deployment'' set -up for SkySea

Cheers

Mr. Claude

May have been part of the deal, eh? You know they are paying X a small nominal fee for the service. Over five years, a tidy sum. ~ Rick

Yep....a tidy sum to be sure....but as RCCL is also part owner of SkySea, I guess it's a good deal of money flowing ''in house''....

Any time to meet up upon disembarking Millie in Vancouver ?...or are you flying straight home that day ?

Cheers

p.s; I still think it wouldn't take 5 years to get a typical Chinese crew member acclimatized to the business.....the way they adjust to all sorts of jobs all over the world.

Cheers

Claude

Thank you.

Could it be Captain Lekkas who was slated for Silhouette?

This is correct (confirmed last night). It will happen before the crossing. But I think after this cruise.

Current Summit Staff:

7756cbae33cb312b266197b5a7443757.jpg

I was also told after a year or so Century staff would rotate out in groups to go to The Edge Project. Remember staff boards a new ship long before completion and it will be assigned a captain for a year in advance of its first sailing. That captain seems to have been assigned but I'm starting no rumors about staff that have not been officially announced. Another diner also asked the captain last night about other Edge details which were interesting. Sounds like some changes to tradition for sure.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arno, thanks so much for posting all this great information for us.

The photos really help too.

Whos%20Onboard%20April%206_zpsvqosrmmm.png

On another forum, people were trying to figure out who the ship naturalists would be and there did not seem to be any easy way to find that out, so I started thinking that would be good info to have on your "Who's On Board" chart as well.

Would you consider adding another row for the name of the ship's naturalist or lecturer, when there is one who stays on board for the entire cruise, (not someone who just hops on and off for a day or two)?

Wishing you another great cruise!

Maggie 1008 thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update. I have not added the entertainment list as yet but I cans start to do so if others are interested. If you could get a photo of Paul Kelley I could add that to the chart as well.

Have a great cruise

Sent

Thank you.

Could it be Captain Lekkas who was slated for Silhouette?

This is correct, sorry for the delayed confirmation. Taos Lekkas is the new Summit Captain until Leo is back.

I hope you're having a great cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Arno, thanks so much for posting all this great information for us.

The photos really help too.

Whos%20Onboard%20April%206_zpsvqosrmmm.png

On another forum, people were trying to figure out who the ship naturalists would be and there did not seem to be any easy way to find that out, so I started thinking that would be good info to have on your "Who's On Board" chart as well.

Would you consider adding another row for the name of the ship's naturalist or lecturer, when there is one who stays on board for the entire cruise, (not someone who just hops on and off for a day or two)?

Wishing you another great cruise!

I would prefer to see the current party band on board.

Thanks for your effort anyway.