WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

I guess that's why I haven't been able to access the charts. Can you create it in word and save it as a PDF and post it directly on CC? This is doable if you have word but I'm not sure you will not be able to post photos.

For the charts of Officers, all you need to do is copy and paste either a Word, Excel, or google doc. That would probably be the easiest. No need for a link to a PDF.

Good luck finding a replacement for the photos.

Arno

Can I offer my heart felt thanks for the service you provide in keeping these charts upto date. I may not be able to find a solution to the problem but I for one really appreciate what you do and hope an easy work around is found for you. These boards would not be the same without your support :)

For the charts of Officers, all you need to do is copy and paste either a Word, Excel, or google doc. That would probably be the easiest. No need for a link to a PDF.

Have you ever done a copy and paste from a Word, etc. document to these boards? Straight text works. Tab-delimited text is a disaster. Trust me, the results are not pretty. That's why Arno has been using a photo.

I use photobucket to transfer pictures here.

They have started to charge for the privilege.

We've had a free ride for a long time but I need to know of an alternative hosting site.

Without it these update charts will only be found on an unmentionable social site. :(

Does CC work with Flickr? I just closed my Photobucket account because of their new fees. I'm now using Flickr with a scrapbook site that I'm on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you ever done a copy and paste from a Word, etc. document to these boards? Straight text works. Tab-delimited text is a disaster. Trust me, the results are not pretty. That's why Arno has been using a photo.

I've tried a copy and past from Word and it is a disaster, as you say. That's why I suggested saving a word doc as a pdf and uploading the pdf. I suppose you could upload a word doc but not everyone uses a Microsoft based computer so not sure how that would work. PDF seems more universal.

Arno

Can I offer my heart felt thanks for the service you provide in keeping these charts upto date. I may not be able to find a solution to the problem but I for one really appreciate what you do and hope an easy work around is found for you. These boards would not be the same without your support :)

I agree! Thank you Arno.

Good luck finding a replacement for the photos.

This from another thread that I am following:

"if you create a .txt file instead of .doc, this should correct your problem."

Actually I have recently been uploading photos from the Cruise Critic Forums app. However my photos have recently been taken with either my iPad mini or my iPhone:

You open the app, write what you want then

Click on the + sign.

A mountain icon appears which you click on.

Your Camera Roll opens

Click on your chosen photo which up loads

Click 'Save.'

9ae69192bf7f1e36762db993b782bd9b.jpg

This photo is of Constellation in Dry Dock in Marseille 23.05.17 uploaded using the method described above.

Sorry you're having such trouble getting your docs to show now - they have been very helpful in the past, and thanks for all the hard work! Just wondering if anyone knows who will be on Silhouette in September? TIA!

Sorry you're having such trouble getting your docs to show now - they have been very helpful in the past, and thanks for all the hard work! Just wondering if anyone knows who will be on Silhouette in September? TIA!

I am also wondering the same for October so yes please share

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Solstice and wanted to note that Steve has been swapped out for Damian as Cruise Director. It's our second cruise with Steve and we love him, but I know many people love Damian, so wanted to flag.

And don't worry: the hilarious Captain Tasos remains!

Just off Solstice and wanted to note that Steve has been swapped out for Damian as Cruise Director. It's our second cruise with Steve and we love him, but I know many people love Damian, so wanted to flag.

And don't worry: the hilarious Captain Tasos remains!

Do you mean that Damian left (for Reflection) and Steve moved from Millennium to replace him on Solstice and Eddie Jenkins took over on Millennium?

me - i will be on silhouette late September

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Arno,

We are on Summit now. They have new production shows. Last night was Soundtrack and earlier in the cruise (the 1st Evening Vhic night) was Life. These, I believe, were the first performances of these new shows.

Rati says she does not know who her replacement will be on 8/20 when she goes on vacation. She told us Angelina has left Celebrity.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Arno,

We are on Summit now. They have new production shows. Last night was Soundtrack and earlier in the cruise (the 1st Evening Vhic night) was Life. These, I believe, were the first performances of these new shows.

Rati says she does not know who her replacement will be on 8/20 when she goes on vacation. She told us Angelina has left Celebrity.

Glad to hear about the show changes. We are sailing the 23rd and it's our 4th time on the Summit in 5 yrs and the shows were beginning to get very stale!

Arno,

We are on Summit now. They have new production shows. Last night was Soundtrack and earlier in the cruise (the 1st Evening Chic night) was Life. These, I believe, were the first performances of these new shows.

p

Thank you for the info

Do you know which shows were replaced?

We were on Eclipse last month. As well as the 3 productions shows on the chart above they had an extra one called "Amade". It was a Mozart inspired show put on by the professional theatre performers. What was interesting is that it seems they put on a production show on the first and last evenings as they can leave the set in place so the last show on one cruise becomes the first on the next cruise. The new show Euphoria was excellent and a big step up in terms of production values and costumes. Nice to see a Eurovision Song Contest winner (Euphoria 2012) becoming the main theme in a Celebrity show. Maybe Celebrity have listened to the feedback on their in house production shows. Very glad to see the demise of the terrible Chandelier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info

Do you know which shows were replaced?

For this cruise there were only those 2 production shows. Sirens, I Hollywood and Stars in Their Eyes were not done. They still had the iMagic show.

Rati told me last night she believes Olga will be on board as CC Hostess on 8/20.

For this cruise there were only those 2 production shows. Sirens, I Hollywood and Stars in Their Eyes were not done. They still had the iMagic show.

So the three shows were LIFE, SOUNDTRACK, iMagic?

I believe Cameron Robertson the GRM is moving to Equinox this weekend. Any idea who will replace him?

We were on the 27 June Summit sailing. The new cast came onboard and rehearsed Life all week before performing it on the next to last evening on board. The plan was to rehearse the second new show the following cruise, performing it and Life. On the third cruise, they would rehearse the third show and then start rotating all three. Since these are new shows created by RCCL/Celebrity, there was no overlap so the old cast departed as the new one came aboard. We were unimpressed with the Life as it was boring with low energy dancing, few costume changes and mediocre singing. iMagic is not a cast show, but rather a show by a magician and his assistant using some electronics. It continues as I suspect they are aboard all the time.

We were unimpressed with the Life as it was boring with low energy dancing, few costume changes and mediocre singing. iMagic is not a cast show, but rather a show by a magician and his assistant using some electronics. It continues as I suspect they are aboard all the time.

Thank you for your review.

We have found the new shows lacking the punch that the "old" performances provided.

I thought it was just us that did not respond well to "new" stuff.

It's like turning on the golden oldies on the radio. We continue to love the music created as we grew older and wonder where the new talent is ... Modern luxury just ain't what it used to be... :D

Due to the size of this thread and in order to keep the forums performing smoothly, a Part 2 for this discussion has been opened at this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522361

This thread is now available as a read only resource. Please continue posting in the new thread, and remember to reset your subscription to the thread if you have one.