WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Hi, may I just ask what the CC host/ess does? Is he/she the one who runs Michael's Club or is that a different person?

Michael's Club Concierge is responsible for assisting suite guests and Zenith passengers on board whereas the CC Hostess is responsible for the captains's club, distribution of coupons for the various levels, the Elite Breakfast and evening social hours held in the Observation lounge known as Sky Lounge on some ships. She is also responsible for setting up the Captains's Table on formal nights on most sailings.

Welcome to Cruise Critic

Additionally, being responsible for the Captain's Club, the host/hostess spends a lot of time explaining the program and enrolling new members, coordinating Crown & Anchor members into Captain's Club, and looking up passenger's past sailings to make sure that they have been given credit for all of them.

I was surprised to see (above) that Marlene is currently on the Reflection. :) I thought she was on another ship right before the holidays. I hope she will still be on the Reflection in two weeks.

Where is the social hostess office located?

Edited by Iamthesea

I was surprised to see (above) that Marlene is currently on the Reflection. :) I thought she was on another ship right before the holidays. I hope she will still be on the Reflection in two weeks.

Where is the social hostess office located?

Marlene will be on Deck 12 on Reflection during "office hours".

She just returned in February.

Different places on different ships, and some recently moved, so just ask on board your ship where the Captain's Club desk is (they probably won't recognize the term "social hostess" as that isn't used on Celebrity)

That's what they were once called. ;)

Marlene will be on Deck 12 on Reflection during "office hours".

She just returned in February.

Ah...so that is the large room over the Library? We never saw anyone in there during our cruise on the Equinox. I wondered what that area was. :rolleyes: That's right down from my stateroom. :) So glad she will be onboard.

Edited by Iamthesea

Yup. Could not agree more. We first cruised with him on Freedom of the Seas 7 years ago. We were ecstatic to see that he was our CD on our recently completed Silhouette cruise. He did not disappoint. Same old, same old that you are used to... plus more. Loved his pre-theatre introductions.

I was just talking to my wife about the cruise, and Richard, one of the great comments that no one else has ever made....to my knowledge...is when he asks the people RUDELY jumping out of their seats before the show is over and RUNNING OUT....where are you going in such a hurry, avoiding traffic ? and I LOVE YOU....Just Great

I find a CD makes very little difference to the enjoyment of the my cruise

It the passengers that make the difference :D

On our rccl explorer cruise it was the passengers who ruined the experience but Richard spacey who saved it

How did a CD save your cruise ? :confused:

He was so funny and entertaining you couldn't help but laugh and get into a good mood around him

Even after having to step over teenagers lounging in the stairwells, being hit by the thrown shoes of tantrumming toddlers and their parents glaring at me as if to say "go ahead and say something to me," uncontrolled children running and pushing past almost knocking people down, and food so bad that we actually chose to skip meals, Richard Spacey's hysterical act would brighten our day

Will Paul Baya be back on The Equinox for April? I know Patty was filling in for him for vacation, does anyone know?

Hi Cruiseguys,

When I was on Equinox last month, Paul departed the ship the day we boarded. Slightly disappointing, as we haven't sailed with Paul in a while, and I was looking forward to seeing him again. I thought Patti was ok, but rarely saw her around the ship, like we always do with Sue Denning, who (IMO) is fantastic ! I'm sure Patti is very good, but I suspect she had much to do, as she just boarded the ship.

When I asked about Paul, I was told he was due back in Mid April, so I'm hoping he will return to Equinox on April 17, as we are sailing on Equinox again. Look forward to meeting you onboard !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Cruiseguys,

When I was on Equinox last month, Paul departed the ship the day we boarded. Slightly disappointing, as we haven't sailed with Paul in a while, and I was looking forward to seeing him again. I thought Patti was ok, but rarely saw her around the ship, like we always do with Sue Denning, who (IMO) is fantastic ! I'm sure Patti is very good, but I suspect she had much to do, as she just boarded the ship.

When I asked about Paul, I was told he was due back in Mid April, so I'm hoping he will return to Equinox on April 17, as we are sailing on Equinox again. Look forward to meeting you onboard !

Oh my Gawd, Andy after all these years we are going to finally meet you! Now you made my day. This April 17th sailing is an Official "JW and Jerome Adventure" so now, you get to be a part of the antics that have made us famous here on CC. I am sure you will have your delete button readily available as always. I am more excited than ever to finally meet you in person. Fabulous! Celebrity Cruises is the Primary Sponsor of The Port Saint Lucie Christmas House, our home you have heard so much about. We have several hundred folks traveling with us, and Celebrity is so kind to be partnering with us to further the Christmas House for the Children. Over 200 cabins are part of the Adventure!

Thank you so much and we do hope Paul is back on board, he is the best entertainment and when he does his signature show on deck, it is amazing and I would pay money in Vegas to see this same show.

See you in 31 days!