Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

Well, Mach, as a matter of fact, I was there last Saturday!!!;) So, here goes!

Okay, so we had 9 ladies on our annual JSC. It was the JSC III ! We range in age from 32 to 52. I booked via email and they coordinated with all of us paying separately. We were offered one free admittance but I just had everyone discounted $10 and we paid $70.00 each.

Our confirmation told us to meet the Tourcozumel guide at the Punta Langosta Mall. Everything I could find prior to our cruise showed us docking at Puerta Maya so we had been prepared to take a taxi to Punta Langosta. However, we ended up at Punta Langosta! I still haven't figured out what happened.

Anyway, we had some snags finding our Tour Guide but luck got us hooked up and on our way. The taxi ride was about 30 minutes or so, then we rode in an open Pontoon boat for a 10 minute ride to the island. We were greeted by Ida who explained she would take care of us all day. And, she truly did a fabulous job. The weather had been stormy for several weeks so the water was murky. Our day was mostly cloudy but no rain so we were thankful. Despite the water and clouds, Pasion Isle is very beautiful.

We enjoyed the food very much and the mixed drinks and beer were refreshing. Now, ahem....this is where the day got interesting. We decided mid afternoon to start shooting tequila. It seemed a good idea at the time. Now, I don't get out much and my nick name in the group is "meemaw" if that tells you anything. From this point, the day just got funnier and funnier. There was a very nice young man that was on staff there, Pablo, and we began teasing him and having our pictures made with him. He even danced a little dance for us. All in good fun though and he was very nice and a good sport. You can see one of our pics of the girl's and Pablo in my signature!

At 3:00, Ida herded us all to our gathering point and got us back to the pontoon boat where they say I did a really good job entertaining everyone on the way back. I do recall that there were a few folks on the boat that I didn't notice and they appeared a little frightened but now they have a special tale to tell when they get home!

Soooo....we had a wonderful day, laughed until we cried on numerous occasions and all agreed that we will go back next year on the JSC IV!

Donna

I will go going to Coz next week, and have the Isla Passion trip booked with Tour Cozumel. I have been communicating with Kerrie.

She gave me a warning a couple of months ago that Carnival would no longer be doing this trip, but I could book it still with her then. We will be taking a taxi from the dock to Passion. The only trip Carnival offers is the speed boat, and I was not interested in that.

The rumors are just that...rumors. They are still in business, and a quick search of this board will show how many satisfied customers there are of this company.

Kerrie has also told me that they will meet us at whichever pier we dock at.

I will be glad to post a review when we return.

I will go going to Coz next week, and have the Isla Passion trip booked with Tour Cozumel. I have been communicating with Kerrie.

She gave me a warning a couple of months ago that Carnival would no longer be doing this trip, but I could book it still with her then. We will be taking a taxi from the dock to Passion. The only trip Carnival offers is the speed boat, and I was not interested in that.

The rumors are just that...rumors. They are still in business, and a quick search of this board will show how many satisfied customers there are of this company.

Please do! I'd love to read your take on Passion Island and TourCozumel!!!

Thanks!!

Yes, to each his own but I can't figure out for the life of me the allure of the Twister Boat! Now, I'm assuming that you get a boat ride BEFORE passion island and not after. Because, if MeeMaw had to ride the Twister AFTER Passion Isle...it would NOT have been pretty!

Yes, to each his own but I can't figure out for the life of me the allure of the Twister Boat! Now, I'm assuming that you get a boat ride BEFORE passion island and not after. Because, if MeeMaw had to ride the Twister AFTER Passion Isle...it would NOT have been pretty!

Actually you get to ride it BOTH ways...

and from what I understand, the trip back is a real kicker...as they

really make the boat twist and twirl...

I had no interest in the Twister and booke the basic beach trip instead...

I do know that for a while, Carnival had an agreement of some sort that

TC could not offer any trips to Passion, unless it was the official Carnival trip, and we got in before they did that, but I think that agreement did not work, because I think you can book Passion directly through TC again now..

Did you know that this is the same beach they use to film the Carona Beer Commercials? I am anxious to get there and have a day to just relax.

Oh, I dont where my mind was...the name of the woman with Tour Cozumel is Carrie...Not Kerrie (I had a Kerrie from work on the brain when I typed that...)

Carrie has been amazing to work with, and has responded the next day to every e-mail I have sent her. I look forward to finally meeting her when we go.

No WAY I could have ridden the twister back! My roomie still has bruises because I was holding on so tight on the PONTOON boat ride back. I was a teeny bit unsteady at that point:D .

Yes, we booked with Carrie and didn't go through Carnival. I was disappointed in the weather...with clouds and murky water, it didn't resemble the Corona commercials. I hope one day to see it in bright sunshine with beautiful water! Still, it was a very nice day.

I think you can book Passion directly through TC again now..

Did you know that this is the same beach they use to film the Carona Beer Commercials? I am anxious to get there and have a day to just relax.

Yes from what i undestand they did film some there.

• 2 months later...

We just booked with Carrie yesterday but our cruise is not until 2/15 - I will post a review when I get back.

Was VERY impressed with how quickly Carrie e-mailed me - if communication is any indication, we picked a good one.:) We are doing the 4x4 Jeep Adventure through the "jungle" and then taking a boat (I think a catamaran) over to Isla Pasion (sp?). I'll let everyone know how it goes!

any recent experiences with Carrie and Tour Cozumel??? We will be in port 11a-8p. Need to make decision on Carrie or booking through ship. Thanks. k

Let me assure you the booking with Carrie is a fantastic experience. She handles everything and even checks back after your trip to be sure all went well.

My brother and family are going to Coz in January, and I referred them to her if they decide to make a tour of any type.

She will save you dollars, and help to make your tour what you want.

JB

Thanks for the info. Not so much saving $'s, her cost is same as ship for Passion Island, we just prefer going independent. Have found usually we get more out of it in some way. More personable, time, something a little extra, etc. Anyway, I think we'll go with her even for the same $. Heck, I have booked for indep for slightly more money just for the indep. :D

Mach,

We went back to Passion Island in June 08. We went through Carrie. There was a mix up as to where to meet up and we were frantic. A young man with the taxi company recognized the name of the woman we were to meet. He eventually found her and told her we were waiting at the meeting spot. She quickly came to the spot and got us in a cab and sent us on our way to Passion Island. We were suppose to take the Twister. They made a mistake because there were several Carnival ships there that day. They more than made it up to us. Free "special drinks" stronger I think, for the adults. 15 minute rides for our kids on the Segways. I really enjoyed the boat we rode to the island and then we rode the Twister back to the ship. What a ride! Slight mess up but all was good in the end. They really try to please.

Carrie is very particular about her tours and pleasing her customers. she went out of her way to help me plan a PI trip with only 12 hrs notice. Don't worry; she'll take care of you.

My only suggestion would be to do the taxi/ferry option as you get to stay a lot longer on the island.

looks like we're going with Carrie and do the taxi/ferry to get most time. I'll be in contact with her in next 24hrs but was curious of other experiences. Does she ask for deposit, full pymt, where will we meet, and what happens if raining? Wouldn't expect her to refund days receipts but at same time wouldn't want to spend the day at beach while raining...been there, done that.

We will be in Cozumel on Jan. 30 and I have a large group booked with Carrie and tourcozumel. I will give a review after my experience. I will say that she is the BEST person I have ever dealt with in regards to booking a tour via the internet. She is very quick to respond. I have added people one or two at a time since booking with her in Oct. She is very patient, always takes care of my issues and now that our ship's itenerary has changed, I was in a panic when I emailed her about the date change. She was quick to respond back with a cheerful "No problem, we were aware of the ship schedule change and I have already changed everything for you." I know in my heart this will be a wonderful experience just by the way Carrie has treated me so far. I will respond back with a review after the trip. Can't wait!!! By the way, when we booked we did have to pay the entire amount.

We will be in Cozumel on Feb 2, 2009...8 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. We booked with Carrie through tourcozumel in early December. She has been great and we can't wait to hit the beach at Ilsa Pasion.

By using Tourcozumel, you'll get a much longer stay at the beach over using the cruise line tour...

Gona make my own Corona commercial!!!

Cheers

I just sent an email through the tourcozumel website yesterday. Hope to hear back from Carrie today or tomorrow since we leave for our cruise on Sat, Jan. 10. Is she usually quick with replies?

Does anybody know which Passion Island tour has more beach time - Twister or Beach Adventure VIP?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We're back from our cruise and I feel like I need to post my experience with tourcozumel and Carrie.

I contacted Carrie via email after finding this thread and a few others with very positive reviews on the Passion Island tour.

Our cruise was departing Jan. 10 and we would be in Cozumel on Jan. 15. I contacted Carrie in the afternoon on January 7 via the website (very last minute as we had booked our cruise very late). There was no response by mid-day Jan. 8 so I emailed her at her Hotmail address. She did respond almost right away and sent me a link for the $40.00 PayPal deposit on the Passion Island tour and said that a confirmation would be sent to me after I paid the deposit. I sent the deposit immediately after recieving the link and waited for the confirmation. I still had not received the confirmation by Jan. 9, our departure day for Miami. I checked my email from the hotel before we boarded on Jan. 10 and still no confirmation.

I was avoiding using the email on the ship as it is very expensive but logged on Jan. 13 to see if there was any confirmation. There was nothing from Carrie so I sent her a message saying that I would just be waiting at the Carlos and Charlies as soon as our ship ported on Jan. 15.

When we arrived in Cozumel, we promptly took a cab to the downtown and waited at Carlos and Charlies. We waited, and waited and waited. I even took a photo of us standing infront of the restaurant so that it would have time stamp to prove we were there. No one came to meet us. After about 1.5 hrs of waiting, we decided that we were being abandoned and walked around downtown (while lugging our heavy towels and beach gear).

We arrived back in Miami on Jan. 17 and I checked my email to find a message from Carrie (dated Jan. 14) saying that the tour was cancelled and we could have a refund or go to Mr. Sanchos. It was too late for Sanchos so I told her that I would gladly take the refund.

Today is Jan. 20, there has been no contact from Carrie after I responded to her last email so I am doubtful as to whether or not the refund is coming.

I've usually had good luck with tour operators that are recommended by Cruise Critic but this has not been a great experience. I'll post again if I do receive a refund. I guess I was just unlucky this time.

We arrived back in Miami on Jan. 17 and I checked my email to find a message from Carrie (dated Jan. 14) saying that the tour was cancelled and we could have a refund or go to Mr. Sanchos. It was too late for Sanchos so I told her that I would gladly take the refund.

Today is Jan. 20, there has been no contact from Carrie after I responded to her last email so I am doubtful as to whether or not the refund is coming.

I've usually had good luck with tour operators that are recommended by Cruise Critic but this has not been a great experience. I'll post again if I do receive a refund. I guess I was just unlucky this time.

I am so sorry this didn't work out for you! We had a great day at Pasion Isle in October and I bet that you will get your refund back. However, that doesn't make up for the disappointment. We were on a snorkel excursion with Mystic on the 22nd....Rosie said that boats under 30 feet had not been allowed to go out for 4 days due to Northeaster rough waters. It may very well have been cancelled due to another bout of bad weather.

When I booked with Carrie for October, she was very insistent that I check my email onboard to check for cancellations and I kept telling her that I wasn't going to do that...in my humble opinion, in case of cancellation, they should have someone there, at least, waiting to tell you and offering alternative suggestions. When you get a one shot deal at a port, that would really be good customer service.

Archived