Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

Tourcozumel is no longer booking Passion Island. I received an email yesterday from Carrie confirming this.

Well I guess they're back on. I received an email today saying that are back to booking Passion Island. Confusing stuff. :o

It sounds like Tourcozemel is having some management problems, which wouldn't be Carries fault.

Thanks for the info MCC, food sounds good.

Well I guess they're back on. I received an email today saying that are back to booking Passion Island. Confusing stuff. :o

It sounds like Tourcozemel is having some management problems, which wouldn't be Carries fault.

Thanks for the info MCC, food sounds good.

It's a shame, I think the PI folks are great people and mean well, everybody just seems to be having growing pains!

I know you'll have a great day, somewhere, Chris and my pleasure, Buzz!

Just an update.. Carrie and I have been exchanging emails in which I continually ask for her to cancel our tour and refund our money. She has not done either. I have been more than patient and very generous up until now. It has just dragged out too long. I can't find any reports of people who got refunds from tourcozumel, I'd like to be the first! Her other tours seem to have no problems, so this is about her not being able to guarantee the service of this particular tour. I hope Carrie comes through for us and others can put their trust in her again.

Just reading some posts about the confusion with the Passion Island through *****. Is the trouble when you book directly through the cruiseline? I read on the website that they do not accept Carnival customers for Passion Island. I'll be cruising with NCL but plan on booking with ***** independently.

Kim, I have not heard of any issues when booking thru the cruiseline. The above posts are mostly towards tourcozumel dot net. Now the reason that tour company was so popular is because the cruiseline usually offers a much shorter time to enjoy the island and it does so in larger groups.

I am convinced more than ever, that our experience last summer was the beginning of many. Meliza, Carrie, Jorge, the cell phone calls, the who owes who. Nothing in the stories has changed. No 'management' has changed, same mode of operations. I gave it alot of benefit of the doubt in previous posts, but no longer. From one cruiser to another, avoid this headache. Coz has many other great offers.

Kim, I have not heard of any issues when booking thru the cruiseline. The above posts are mostly towards tourcozumel dot net. Now the reason that tour company was so popular is because the cruiseline usually offers a much shorter time to enjoy the island and it does so in larger groups.

I am convinced more than ever, that our experience last summer was the beginning of many. Meliza, Carrie, Jorge, the cell phone calls, the who owes who. Nothing in the stories has changed. No 'management' has changed, same mode of operations. I gave it alot of benefit of the doubt in previous posts, but no longer. From one cruiser to another, avoid this headache. Coz has many other great offers.

I think you should read what eles that company offers, she made your day right and paid you to go elsewhere. You have no clue about what you are saying.

You had a great time Ken, I don't dispute that for a moment.

I, and now others, have not had a good experience. Enough to be a trend in my opinion. In the end, absolutely I received a full refund and apology. That is all clearly documented in an open and fair way. If that was a one time thing, I would say such a prompt refund is a good thing to highlight about a company. But when folks are having to continue to work thru refunds, then I think folks should know this has been going on a while.

To hear the same things happen to new potential customers so many months later, is what (for some reason) causes me to continue to post and (for some reason) you to continue to defend.

Do not tell me I do not know what I am talking about. I was there.

Sell your version as needed.

I have been waiting for my refund for over a month now...

I chose this company after reading wonderful reviews, but it did not work out for me. I think people should be aware of the issues some people are having.

Any business should refund money in a timely manner. I would not question that at all - but waiting and asking for your own money back is unacceptable.

Hopefully it works out for others.

I will post an update when I get my money back.

We were on Passion Island on Feb 26th. We booked through Carrie, there were 8 of us traveling together that did this excursion. All I can say is that this was the best day of our entire cruise, would I go back again? You bet, all of us would. My husband had brought his lap top on the cruise so we were informed by an email from Carrie that they had a problem with the Twister boats (we had scheduled that excursion with Carrie) and that we would need to take a taxi then a little boat over to the island. We met up at Carlos & Charlies got into our taxi/van, had about a 20 min. or so ride, then got into a a boat and went over to the island. There we were greeted by Ida, who was fun, informative and a pleasure to meet. The island is beautiful. The food was great-as were the margarita's. It was so nice using a "clean restroom", they actually have someone there who makes sure it stays that way. It was a fantastic day. I look forward to the day when I can go back again. I would highly recommend this excursion through Carrie to everyone, it's a great way to relax.:D

We were on Passion Island on Feb 26th. We booked through Carrie, there were 8 of us traveling together that did this excursion. All I can say is that this was the best day of our entire cruise, would I go back again? You bet, all of us would. My husband had brought his lap top on the cruise so we were informed by an email from Carrie that they had a problem with the Twister boats (we had scheduled that excursion with Carrie) and that we would need to take a taxi then a little boat over to the island. We met up at Carlos & Charlies got into our taxi/van, had about a 20 min. or so ride, then got into a a boat and went over to the island. There we were greeted by Ida, who was fun, informative and a pleasure to meet. The island is beautiful. The food was great-as were the margarita's. It was so nice using a "clean restroom", they actually have someone there who makes sure it stays that way. It was a fantastic day. I look forward to the day when I can go back again. I would highly recommend this excursion through Carrie to everyone, it's a great way to relax.:D

We had a very similar experience... We were there this past Wednesday and it was absolutely amazing. I would definitely recommend this tour (through Carrie w/ *****) to anyone. In fact, we did recommend it to several people on the cruise when we got back and I'm sure they'll try it in the future.

I will post more details later in my trip review...

I have been waiting for my refund for over a month now...

I chose this company after reading wonderful reviews, but it did not work out for me. I think people should be aware of the issues some people are having.

Any business should refund money in a timely manner. I would not question that at all - but waiting and asking for your own money back is unacceptable.

Hopefully it works out for others.

I will post an update when I get my money back.

Vesper, I am confused, did you go to the island or get stood up, or what? I just returned from a land based vacation in Coz and we took a day and went over to Isla Passion. This was booked through ***** We did the taxi/boat option and got to stay all day. Really no problems at all. I am just wondering if you tried to cancel before the excursion, because I do know that I asked that question and was told no refunds unless the ship did not make port. In other words, once you pay, the excursion is yours. So maybe that is why you haven't gotten one? I don't know; just trying to figure it out.I am sorry you are having such a problem.

IMO it seems what I'm reading is that if you take the taxi/boat option there are no problems. but w/the twister the cruise line sometimes steps in and tries to stop it? I dont know; that is my theory anyway. We thought long and hard about which option to take but in the end decided to not do the Twister so that we could stay on the island longer, plus not have to go with a group.

IMO it seems what I'm reading is that if you take the taxi/boat option there are no problems. but w/the twister the cruise line sometimes steps in and tries to stop it? I dont know; that is my theory anyway. We thought long and hard about which option to take but in the end decided to not do the Twister so that we could stay on the island longer, plus not have to go with a group.

This was my only issue...that I had paid for a service (the Twister Boat) that could not be guaranteed. I understand that it was out of Carrie's control, but I have some teens with me and the big event for them was going to be the boat ride. I would not have asked for a refund or cancelled if the ride could be guaranteed. But it seems to be good business to be honest and give a refund if you cannot provide the service contracted. The issues around my refund seem to be getting paypal to work correctly. Carrie was going to call them today and let me know what's going on. She seems to be trying to get a refund to me, but paypal is not cooperating. I am going to trust that she is being honest with me. I hope I am proved right by doing so.

It seems that the folks who book PI without the Twister Boat ride are getting exactly what they've paid for. I can't speak for Vesper, only myself.

Wow I'm surprised to read these posts. Dh and I booked the twister excursion last June it was amazing, tour guide was right where he was suppose to be, boat was on time and everyone was extremely polite and professional.

We are going in June again this year and figured we'd do the same booking again. Maybe we'll look into other options. I see the cruiseline is offering it this year for about the same price we paid with TC last year. Probably best to book with Carnival this year since there are issues with tour cozumel?

This was my only issue...that I had paid for a service (the Twister Boat) that could not be guaranteed. I understand that it was out of Carrie's control, but I have some teens with me and the big event for them was going to be the boat ride. I would not have asked for a refund or cancelled if the ride could be guaranteed. But it seems to be good business to be honest and give a refund if you cannot provide the service contracted. The issues around my refund seem to be getting paypal to work correctly. Carrie was going to call them today and let me know what's going on. She seems to be trying to get a refund to me, but paypal is not cooperating. I am going to trust that she is being honest with me. I hope I am proved right by doing so.

It seems that the folks who book PI without the Twister Boat ride are getting exactly what they've paid for. I can't speak for Vesper, only myself.

Hi Chriscruise; so are you saying you never even went on the tour? You just changed your mind? Honestly I am surprised you are getting a refund; any tour I've booked has been no refunds unless ship does not make port. We also visited Nachi Cocum for a day and it was the same there; I paid a deposit and was told that if i did not show, I would still be charged the full amount. I'm still learning the ropes too so this is fairly new to me. I hope things go well whatever you decide to do, and have a great cruise. :)

Hi Chriscruise; so are you saying you never even went on the tour? You just changed your mind? Honestly I am surprised you are getting a refund; any tour I've booked has been no refunds unless ship does not make port. We also visited Nachi Cocum for a day and it was the same there; I paid a deposit and was told that if i did not show, I would still be charged the full amount. I'm still learning the ropes too so this is fairly new to me. I hope things go well whatever you decide to do, and have a great cruise. :)

Honestly, Panther, you should read more carefully. I did not "just change my mind". Tourcozumel was unable to provide the service for which I paid. There is a big difference. What if you hired someone to fix your plumbing problem in your home and gave them money to do so. Then they were unable to get the parts needed to complete the job. Would you not want a refund? I think you need to re-read all the posts. My family of 5 was scheduled to do the twister boat and PI. Several people including Carrie agreed that the twister boat ride was not reliable or available. So now I should pay for a tour I didn't sign up for and go on that?? My family agreed to go to PI based on the twister boat ride. Carrie is giving me a refund because she is unable to provide the service for which I paid. I would never have cancelled if the tour I paid over $300 for was still available and guaranteed to happen. I am not anti-Carrie, she seems nice enough. I have repeatedly stated that her other tours are fine. I just have a problem when I have been waiting for a month for my refund because the tour I signed up for is unavailable.

Honestly, Panther, you should read more carefully. I did not "just change my mind". Tourcozumel was unable to provide the service for which I paid. There is a big difference. What if you hired someone to fix your plumbing problem in your home and gave them money to do so. Then they were unable to get the parts needed to complete the job. Would you not want a refund? I think you need to re-read all the posts. My family of 5 was scheduled to do the twister boat and PI. Several people including Carrie agreed that the twister boat ride was not reliable or available. So now I should pay for a tour I didn't sign up for and go on that?? My family agreed to go to PI based on the twister boat ride. Carrie is giving me a refund because she is unable to provide the service for which I paid. I would never have cancelled if the tour I paid over $300 for was still available and guaranteed to happen. I am not anti-Carrie, she seems nice enough. I have repeatedly stated that her other tours are fine. I just have a problem when I have been waiting for a month for my refund because the tour I signed up for is unavailable.

Honestly, my sincerest apologies because I did not catch that part of it. I am with you then; yes you deserve a refund if you are not going to get what you signed up for. It looks like you are cruising soon; I hope you have a great time.

I know this is a bit off topic but I am thinking of booking tourcozumel for horseback riding at mr sanchos..

has anyone else done this?

or should i just take a taxi there and book directly with mr sanchos?

does carrie provide transport to mr sanchos?

Honestly, my sincerest apologies because I did not catch that part of it. I am with you then; yes you deserve a refund if you are not going to get what you signed up for. It looks like you are cruising soon; I hope you have a great time.

Thank you. Apology accepted. Carrie says paypal told her to expect the refund to go through today, so let's hope it works this time. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Archived