Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

So I got a reply from the Jacksonville Sheriff....

The area code would indicate that the company is based somewhere in the Lake City/Gainesville area, and therefore not in our jurisdiction. I am sorry for your difficulty. Good luck.

I'm not familiar with that part of FL, is that sort of near Jacksonville?

I've been emailing back and forth with Laurie-Ellen Smith from the Jacksonville SO this morning and she is trying to lead me to the correct authorities. I have pinpointed their exact address through a reverse phone lookup with their number and got 2360 Creekfront Dr, Green Cove Springs FL 32043

Mrs Smith said that once we confirmed the address she would also give me some contacts to some consumer reporting companies in the area that might be interested in doing a story on this.

Will post the contact for the correct authorities when I hear back.

That's wonderful!! Please let me know. I've still heard nothing from her facebook page yet ... Darn it, you can't tell the last time she logged in! I sure hope they aren't ripping anyone else off meanwhile!

I have just sent an email to the group that designed their web site telling them what's going on and that they are not doing justice to the company that's advertising on their site. Just wanted to let everyone know.

For those that have actually received refunds for the crooks at TourCozumel...HOW DID YOU DO IT??? I have been waiting over a month now for mine, as our whole MExico trip was rerouted during the swine flu. Have sent numerous emails to Angelita and the TourCozumel people and have gotten NO reply.

Hey Fire Monkey - I've been waiting since March for my refund from Carrie and husband Ken - I finally went online to Mexico's Dept of Tourism - here's the link and instructions on how to file a complaint. My emails are too numerous to email a complaint, but I'll be at the post office tomorrow mailing it in. I'll keep you posted on my succes !! Good luck !!

Lisa

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/consumidor/extranjeros.asp

Lisa, please let us know the outcome. The web designer of their site said thanks for the heads up but they aren't really associated other than the design. I'm not sure if that link will work for a company located in the US but I will also file a complaint with them.

Hey Fire Monkey - I've been waiting since March for my refund from Carrie and husband Ken - I finally went online to Mexico's Dept of Tourism - here's the link and instructions on how to file a complaint. My emails are too numerous to email a complaint, but I'll be at the post office tomorrow mailing it in. I'll keep you posted on my succes !! Good luck !!

Lisa

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/consumidor/extranjeros.asp

This guy lives in Florida and his his business was not registered in Mexico. Profeco can't help you I'm afraid...

This guy lives in Florida and his his business was not registered in Mexico. Profeco can't help you I'm afraid...

I got this information from the board of tourism in Cozumel, who urged me to make a complaint thru Profeco. I'm willing to do anything I can to cost Carrie and Ken double what they scammed from me.

Have you filed with the BBB? If enough of us file, maybe something can be done. Once Fire Monkey gives us the info, we can also (hopefully) file with the local sheriff in Jacksonville. Just remember, what goes around .... comes around. They have young children. I wonder how they will feel if someone ruins their vacation like they are trying to do to others. So sad.

Have you filed with the BBB? If enough of us file, maybe something can be done. Once Fire Monkey gives us the info, we can also (hopefully) file with the local sheriff in Jacksonville. Just remember, what goes around .... comes around. They have young children. I wonder how they will feel if someone ruins their vacation like they are trying to do to others. So sad.

Ok so the JSO referred me to the Green Cove Springs PD. I have sent them an email but have not gotten a reply. It took a few days for JSO to reply to my email so I'm going to wait through next week to see if I get a reply.

This is the email address I sent my complaint to

info@gcspd.com

You can also go to their website http://www.gcspd.com/

I noticed that there were a couple of different places on their site to email them. One was like for information type of thing and that's the one I emailed. When I was looking at it last night I saw one to where you can make a crime report. We'll see if I get a reply from the information link I sent the email to

Been following this on the other(now locked) thread........cant believe(well,maybe I can) that you are all being basically ignored by Carrie and Ken....:mad: and that their site is still taking reservations..........:eek:

I got this information from the board of tourism in Cozumel, who urged me to make a complaint thru Profeco. I'm willing to do anything I can to cost Carrie and Ken double what they scammed from me.

I'm guessing they assumed his business was registered in Mexico. It's so sad that he's stooped this low after posting on this board for years....:(

Been following this on the other(now locked) thread........cant believe(well,maybe I can) that you are all being basically ignored by Carrie and Ken....:mad: and that their site is still taking reservations..........:eek:

They didn't take mine. I wrote them under a fake name and email addy and they never got back to me....

Heard back from Green Cove Springs PD

Creekfront Drive is not within the city limits of Green Cove Springs, therefore our agency cannot investigate this complaint. Creekfront is in the unincorporated part of Clay County.

I have forwarded your email to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, who serves that area. Their contact information is www.claysheriff.com or (904)284-7575.

Sgt. John Jenner

Green Cove Springs Police Department

So forward your complaints to Clay Co Sheriff until I hear otherwise! :)

I am truely sorry to hear that this has happened to so many people. I had trouble with them last year in August. I came back to post my experience and my post was deleted minutes after I posted. After that day, I had not been back on this section of the boards, because I didn't want to be flamed for the trouble we went through.

DBF and I were told that the US side of the company was not paying the side in Coz. And after some tears and some phone calls back and forth we went. Carrie told me that she was going to refund me and never did. I didn't want one, because we did go, but it was not the trip that was described to us.

Archived