Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

I received an email from him today as well with the case number. He still has not located them but is getting a warrant. Yay!! Something is being done!

It did state he has about 40 other cases on top of it, but at least it has gotten enough interest it's been assigned a number. That's promising.

I received an email from him today as well with the case number. He still has not located them but is getting a warrant. Yay!! Something is being done!

It did state he has about 40 other cases on top of it, but at least it has gotten enough interest it's been assigned a number. That's promising.

I am not a detective...but it seems there should be a way to flag both their social security numbers (surely they had to put some kind of personal information on the rental application) ... so that when they file their tax return next April... the new address would be revealed.

Yes but it seems like they may be a "cash under the table" type of people. Anyone with the lack or morals that they seem to have probably aren't on the up-and-up. These people have kids and are still trying to rip off people on their vacations. So sad.

Well I might be cynical but I do have a built in "you know what" detector..and I could never stand Ken...always promoting on here, I mean the man lived in Jacksonville but spent all of his time on the Cozumel boards

he was so freaking annoying....jumping on any thread with whatever he was promoting

I live in Florida...contact the dept of ag and consumer affairs too

http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html

I hope Ken and that Carrie get what is coming to them

Good luck...I hope you get your money back one way or another

Thanks ... I'm waiting to see what the Detective is doing before contacting any more people. BBB isn't interested, nor are most others we've contacted. Detective Curry seems like our best bet right now. If only we could find their new address!!

Well I might be cynical but I do have a built in "you know what" detector..and I could never stand Ken...always promoting on here, I mean the man lived in Jacksonville but spent all of his time on the Cozumel boards

he was so freaking annoying....jumping on any thread with whatever he was promoting

I live in Florida...contact the dept of ag and consumer affairs too

http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html

I hope Ken and that Carrie get what is coming to them

Good luck...I hope you get your money back one way or another

I've contacted both of those agencies, neither of which were interested.

Patty - I agree with a previous poster that they must have had to have left a SSN number with their last landlords when they applied to rent. I would think they could track them down through that and employment and stuff.

wow, I just read all 13 pages of this and am just horrified. We used tour cozumel for our cruise back in June of 2008 and luckily everything went off w/o a hitch. And when I corresponded with Carrie, she was on top of her game and very professional. I'm so disappointed in her. It makes me sick that I was promoting Tour Cozumel by posting about our positive experience, ugh.

I hope you all continue to be so determined as you have been with this. I think it's awesome you have all rallied together to try to bring this "business" under. I only hope more people are not falling victim to them.

If you are reading Carrie and Ken, shame on you

Thanks ... I think a few of us just don't want to see it keep happening over and over again. Carrie and Ken, as parents, really should be ashamed of themselves. We all appreciate your support. Just help us get the word out so that nobody else gets this treatment.

Sara, I contacted the host of their web site. Apparently since they have paid for it, there isn't much they can do. I was truly hoping that Detective Curry would have pulled it. I know he's gotta follow all the laws but gosh I hope nobody new is getting ripped off while the case winds through the legal system.

If they have not violated any of the contract rules they have with the the web site hosting company there is nothing that they can do. As said the Detective also has to follow proper procedure. As far as he and the courts are concerned they are innocent until proven guilty, no matter how many people they screw over. I know that sounds really wrong to the victims but that is the law of this country. The police and the courts are overwhelmed with cases. Be grateful that you all have been able to find a detective that is even taking this seriously and is doing all he can to help. Have patience and faith that it will all work out.

Don't know if any of ya'll have checked lately but the website is still up and running and accepting reservations! Can't believe that! If I were the company providing the website and knew what was going on I'd pull the site from them.

So all the police have to book is "book a tour" and then "follow the money" ( so to speak) to them????

One of the companies that I filed a complaint to, I dont remember which one (I think it was consumer affairs) said that case was solved because their website was taken down. I wrote them right back and said oh no it's not! They've since ignored me. They just don't want to deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...

wow!

i was searching for things to do while in port for our next cruise in Cozumel.

I'M SO GLAD I CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD!!!!

first let me say to everyone...sorry about the HELLo you have gone through and secondly, thank you for posting it and keeping up the fight.

I am sailing on Carnival, and now the website... the .net is still up and running, it states no carnival guests. but who knows as that seems to change frequently from what i've read on here.

who knows....had they been "accepting carnival guests" i may have booked with them-a party of 4...well, no, because i always come to these boards first!

so to my fellow CCers....THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION!!!!!!

I hope you all get your refunds. I've learned...the road to justice isn't always just... and it's a slow one. please know this, even if you never receive one dime back, you have saved people the torment and hell you have been through and saved other people their money. your work is not in vain.

Thank you...and people, please, keep up the good hard fight...don't give in and allow people to continue to cheat others.

The bar hop is a go for October 3rd. Tom says that he only has 3 people signed up for it all from the Holiday. He has been unable to contact the other group that wanted to go. So you folks that will be there, if you wish to go contact him and let him know. The more the marrier. Lets make of party of this potential adventure over to the wild side. Tom is going to have us picked up at the pier at 10:00 © local for the 5 hour tour. That will save a taxi fare to the normal meeting point. It will be a van so will be plenty of room if anyone else wants to give it a go.

wow!

i was searching for things to do while in port for our next cruise in Cozumel.

I'M SO GLAD I CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD!!!!

first let me say to everyone...sorry about the HELLo you have gone through and secondly, thank you for posting it and keeping up the fight.

I am sailing on Carnival, and now the website... the .net is still up and running, it states no carnival guests. but who knows as that seems to change frequently from what i've read on here.

who knows....had they been "accepting carnival guests" i may have booked with them-a party of 4...well, no, because i always come to these boards first!

so to my fellow CCers....THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION!!!!!!

I hope you all get your refunds. I've learned...the road to justice isn't always just... and it's a slow one. please know this, even if you never receive one dime back, you have saved people the torment and hell you have been through and saved other people their money. your work is not in vain.

Thank you...and people, please, keep up the good hard fight...don't give in and allow people to continue to cheat others.

Glad you read the thread before booking! The companies they booked for aren't bad, but they are. So please dont let our experience prevent you from booking with Mr Sanchos or other companies, just use a different booking agent!

yes firemonkey,

that is what i got from this board...the booking agent (organizer) seems to be the culprit not the actual establishments.

but it really has saved me a possible headache and i appreciate everyone's work on this.....i would hate to disappoint my family being stuck on the pier waiting for someone who was never going to show and took my money.

Archived