Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

Sorry to all of you that were scammed and THANK you for the warnings!

I used to frequent CC more often, but lately have had too much going on to check in and do research.

I'm going on a short cruise next week with my brother and SIL; wonderful people that they are, they've paid for my fare and tips (my siblings ROCK!)

Anyway, my SIL has always wanted to go to Passion Island but we're sailing on Carnival... Is there any reputable/safe way to book an excursion to Passion Island or is it just a bad idea?

(The other idea I had came after reading a Nat'l Geographic Traveller that talked about the beautiful sacred waterfalls/pools in Cozumel, but I don't even know if we could go there and get back to the ship in one day.)

Any advice or tips would be GREATLY appreciated. GOOD LUCK to you who are fighting the good fight!

-Sarah

That's wonderful about your siblings!! I hope one day my kids get along as well. I believe there is a thread that has information from "Tom" about Passion Island. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!

Carrie has blocked us from Facebook.

She didn't really "block"us, just made her page private. I wonder if there's a way to contact FB personnel and tell them the story and that they are being investigated for fraud if they would cooperate. They could probably track her through her IP

She didn't really "block"us, just made her page private. I wonder if there's a way to contact FB personnel and tell them the story and that they are being investigated for fraud if they would cooperate. They could probably track her through her IP

I seriously doubt that they would get involved in a matter like that, especially given that her account is a personal one and the business is not even mentioned. I think once the detective has some time to give this case, they could probably find them really quickly?

• 3 weeks later...

My goodness! Thank you all for posting this, and thanks to Cruise Critic for giving us a forum that can help other innocent travelers from getting taken advantage of the way that you all were. I just went to tourcozumel dot net and they are still up and running. I really hate that other innocent travelers will most likely wind up being ripped off. Not everyone who travels has the beneficial knowledge of CC.

Do you want to do a beach? What are you interested in?

We are leaving Dec 24th, Cozumel on the 26th from 7am to 7pm. We are a family of four with two daughters ages 16 and 21 and we really are still considering our options. We are down to (I think) a beginners scuba class off the beach, Paradise Island, Nachi or a snorkling trip on a boat. However, still doing a lot of reading and am hoping to learn from others experience. I am even considering renting a car so we can do I activity like a scuba classs then find a beach on our own.

You need to find a poster on this board named Tom. He knows Paradise Beach. If you're doing Nachi, remember that they limit the amount of people allowed so you must pre book. I'm not a diver so I can't help you with that. You might want to repost as another thread since this one has become an update on not using tour cozumel.

I hope the detective has not given up on this case...

He hasn't. I've been in contact with him. He's been reassigned temporarily to the murder case of that little girl who was abducted on her way home from school. He wants us to keep in contact with him just so he DOESN'T forget about us.

• 4 weeks later...
The web site is down. The business is reported on RipOff report, Carnival connections, cruiseline fans etc.

Just thought you guys might want to know this information. Keep up the good work on reporting this company.

Yes, you are correct.... I just tried it on my end and it did not work. I just hope they have not starting operating under a new name.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason all my posts I've tried posting on this thread aren't going through. Has to be "approved by an administrator" :confused:

Anyways, I'll try again. I got an email from the Detective. Basically it says we're outta luck and that its a private matter between us and the thieves. Whatever :rolleyes:

i was just checking in to see what if anything is going on.

sad to hear about the detective. it is sad to admit, but there are more important cases...poor little girl.

if nothing else, keeping people aware of this horrible tour operator is something...it's helping lots of people.

I received an email from the detective. What he has found out is that it is a civil matter between all of us and the company and since the company has moved on and is not answering emails and such it looks like there isn't much we can do. I'll just take this as a lesson learned and move on. This will make me more cautious of booking with private companies from now on. Sad for those companies that did nothing wrong.

sad to hear about the detective. it is sad to admit, but there are more important cases...poor little girl.

I agree. While I'm disppointed in our outcome at least he took the time to investigated it. Karma will get the thieves in the end so I'm not worried about it.

• 3 months later...
I agree. While I'm disppointed in our outcome at least he took the time to investigated it. Karma will get the thieves in the end so I'm not worried about it.

According to Ken Fanton's Facebook...they are in Gainesville.

According to Carrie's Facebook, she is a hairdresser...so it seems like they could track with through her license???

Archived