Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

I'll be going back to Coz pretty soon and I was wondering if anyone had used tourcozumel to book and excursion?

Thanks!!

Mach

Hey Mach --

DONT DO IT!! Tour Cozumel is a scam! I booked a private snorkel trip thru them in Jan for March. Paid in full, and had a printed confirmation. I was given instructions to be at a dive shop at 9am. When I arrived, they had no idea who I was or why I was there. We tried to call Carrie, but of course, no answer. They said its wasnt the first time this had happened with them. They tried to be accomodating, but it wasnt what we wanted. When I got home, I emailed Carrie, who was very sorry and said I had it all wrong -- and she assured me that I had a right to a full refund (I have saved all of the emails) -- and now, 6 months later, of course, no refund - no money - just lies. These people are crooks.

For those that have actually received refunds for the crooks at TourCozumel...HOW DID YOU DO IT??? I have been waiting over a month now for mine, as our whole MExico trip was rerouted during the swine flu. Have sent numerous emails to Angelita and the TourCozumel people and have gotten NO reply.

Hi everyone,

We're back from our cruise and I feel like I need to post my experience with tourcozumel and Carrie.

I contacted Carrie via email after finding this thread and a few others with very positive reviews on the Passion Island tour.

Our cruise was departing Jan. 10 and we would be in Cozumel on Jan. 15. I contacted Carrie in the afternoon on January 7 via the website (very last minute as we had booked our cruise very late). There was no response by mid-day Jan. 8 so I emailed her at her Hotmail address. She did respond almost right away and sent me a link for the $40.00 PayPal deposit on the Passion Island tour and said that a confirmation would be sent to me after I paid the deposit. I sent the deposit immediately after recieving the link and waited for the confirmation. I still had not received the confirmation by Jan. 9, our departure day for Miami. I checked my email from the hotel before we boarded on Jan. 10 and still no confirmation.

I was avoiding using the email on the ship as it is very expensive but logged on Jan. 13 to see if there was any confirmation. There was nothing from Carrie so I sent her a message saying that I would just be waiting at the Carlos and Charlies as soon as our ship ported on Jan. 15.

When we arrived in Cozumel, we promptly took a cab to the downtown and waited at Carlos and Charlies. We waited, and waited and waited. I even took a photo of us standing infront of the restaurant so that it would have time stamp to prove we were there. No one came to meet us. After about 1.5 hrs of waiting, we decided that we were being abandoned and walked around downtown (while lugging our heavy towels and beach gear).

We arrived back in Miami on Jan. 17 and I checked my email to find a message from Carrie (dated Jan. 14) saying that the tour was cancelled and we could have a refund or go to Mr. Sanchos. It was too late for Sanchos so I told her that I would gladly take the refund.

Today is Jan. 20, there has been no contact from Carrie after I responded to her last email so I am doubtful as to whether or not the refund is coming.

I've usually had good luck with tour operators that are recommended by Cruise Critic but this has not been a great experience. I'll post again if I do receive a refund. I guess I was just unlucky this time.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd quickly post an update since I see that a few other people on this board are awaiting refunds too.

After I posted the above review on Jan. 20th, I received a very abrupt and downright rude email from Carrie calling me a liar, accusing me of making up things and trying to destroy her reputation...not true, what I posted was simply what happened to me. I did not appreciate the tone her email...it was very harsh and unprofessional.

I did receive a refund to my PayPal account two days later. I really didn't enjoy dealing with Carrie and I cannot reccommend Tour Cozumel as a result.

I hope that everyone will receive their refunds for the cancelled tours promptly.

I too had a tour booked with Carrie and tour cozumel. We weren't able to go due to the swine flu outbreak. It's almost 2 months later and I haven't received the refund Carrie assured me I would get. :mad: DON'T USE TOUR COZUMEL!!!

Got a reply from PayPal today, however...

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer

Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds

from the seller's account

So...good luck trying to recover funds from paypal. I'm off to my bank now to try and get it resolved.

Found a possible facebook page for her. Coming from the phone number that was posted on another thread she is in Jacksonville, FL and this Carrie Fanton on Facebook is from Jacksonville as well and says she's a "business owner"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1713740432&v=wall&viewas=742768246

This is her. She sent me some pictures of her and Ken to show me how nice her taxi tour is. Looks like the same people.

We're waiting to hear what our bank is going to find out. Don't know if we'll get our money back. I don't want to get to Coz and have no tour waiting for us.

Anyone notice the Mr. Sanchos thread got locked??

Me too! So I came over here to do my complaining. :p

Wonder why it was locked?? Did they feel we were talking to much trash about the company? TRUTH HURTS!!!

I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday. Of course the TC "company" is not listed in their database so you had to enter all of the information manually. All I had for contact info for them was their phone number (which is in the Mr Sanchos thread), their personal email address (also in the thread) and the TC website and email address. It says to allow 30 days for a resolution from the BBB, but I suggest those that got ripped off to file complaints as well. Maybe if they see they have several they will know for sure that something is wrong.

Congrats. I did a checking account through Paypal. I'm doubtful that I'll get my $160 back but I don't want her to do this to anyone else. At least I have enough time to save money before my cruise.

Congrats. I did a checking account through Paypal. I'm doubtful that I'll get my $160 back but I don't want her to do this to anyone else. At least I have enough time to save money before my cruise.

We did that too, and my husband contacted the bank. They have put the money back in his account, pending investigation. Hopefully it will stay there! Worth a try!

I also Have a nice story about their wonderful company.

I booked with them months before our cruise. We booked the twister ride and day at passion island. A while before we left, I read that they were no longer offering the twister boat ride, but we could take the taxi ferry ride there. She said she would send me a refund for some money because if we did not take the twister ride, it would be cheaper. She said she would mail out the refund. We agreed to this. ( I never did get the refund even after she told me she mailed it to me) A while later I get a email saying that the now can't offer the Passion island tour at all. They wanted my phone # so they could talk to me. Ken then called and talked to me for over 30 minutes. I was given 3 choice.... I could get a refund, go to Nachi or Mr. Sancho's. I chose Nachi. I got a new confirmation # and thought everything was going to be great.

The day we arrived in Cozumel we took a taxi to Nachi. We arrived, they took our picture and we went inside. I handed them our confirmation and they told us they don't deal with tour cozumel. They said we could stay, but would have to pay. We looked around and we did not think it was anything spectular. Ken made it out as though it was like heaven. We deicded to leave. It ended up costing us $50.00 total for our taxi ride. My kids were very disappointed. I would have strangled him at that moment if I could have gotten my hands on him.

When we arrived home I tried for a week to call them. They never answered the phone. I sent emails and finally there assistant got back to me and said she was in charge bacause carrie was on vacation. Ken finally emailed me and could not understand what could have happened. They promised me a refund and believe it or not after many emails my pay pay account was refunded the money I paid plus my cab fair. At the time I thought maybe this was a fluke and maybe they were really honest.

I put a message out on the board telling briefly about our experience. Ken immediately sent me a email and wanted me to remove my post or he would get a hold of our entrance photo's , etc, and have one of his thousand of clients post them. He wrote to me that not only did he refund my money I got back more than what I paid. Actually, I did not, because I paid $50.00 for a cab ride for nothing. He paid me what I paid for the tour and my cab ride. It's not like I made money on it. As I can see now they are definitely crooks. They have done this to too many people. certainly, I am not the only one. I am sure I will hear from him again after he reads this.

Dan

Sara,

I am not reallly sure how I was able to get it either. When I got home I sent them a email and one of their assistants responded to me. I had tried to call their phone # but no one ever answered. In their emails to me they acted like this is the first time it had ever happend to any one. After MANY emails to Ken I finally got my pay pal account credited. I can't believe how many people they have done this too. I am going to Florida next month and if I had not received my money I was going to try and look them up for a little visit.

Well I hope you get under his skin then. They've completely ignore me. I've filed complaints with the internet complaint center, fraud dot com and the better business bureau in Jacksonville FL. Poor Oliver at Mr. Sanchos is beside himself over this because people are blaming him and he never even knew this was happening. I've given up on getting a refund but you can bet I'll let everyone know what a scam this company is.

Archived