Passion island and tourcozumel?

*Mach*

this is some info thur email i wanted to share....... .i have one more ? for u

we (the destiny) are in port from 1-10pm what time does the island close? i just hate to only have a few hours then have to leave

thanks kerri

What is the date of your arrival? Currently Cozumel is 2 hrs behind est.

july 11th 2009 on the destiny....

#yiv897870587 .ExternalClass #EC_yiv1151031552 .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} #yiv897870587 .ExternalClass #EC_yiv1151031552 {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} The island will stay open later at that time. You will have plenty of time to enjoy the beach.

well above is a last few emails i have gotten from carrie about passion island.

i have this beach club and one other that are in the running for my day in cozumel. and too since i am a carnival passenger i wont be able to do the "twister boat ride" and trust me i am ok with that...lol i also want to make the must of my time there and hated the fact that we are in port late and didnt want to send all that money then a few short hrs later have to leave...i thought it would be nice to maybe see a sunset

well i wanted to pass this along to everyone as well. thanks

this is some info thur email i wanted to share....... .i have one more ? for u

we (the destiny) are in port from 1-10pm what time does the island close? i just hate to only have a few hours then have to leave

thanks kerri

What is the date of your arrival? Currently Cozumel is 2 hrs behind est.

july 11th 2009 on the destiny....

#yiv897870587 .ExternalClass #EC_yiv1151031552 .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} #yiv897870587 .ExternalClass #EC_yiv1151031552 {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} The island will stay open later at that time. You will have plenty of time to enjoy the beach.

well above is a last few emails i have gotten from carrie about passion island.

i have this beach club and one other that are in the running for my day in cozumel. and too since i am a carnival passenger i wont be able to do the "twister boat ride" and trust me i am ok with that...lol i also want to make the must of my time there and hated the fact that we are in port late and didnt want to send all that money then a few short hrs later have to leave...i thought it would be nice to maybe see a sunset

well i wanted to pass this along to everyone as well. thanks

I was thinking I had read that someplace; its good info to know as most clubs shut down around 5 or 6 local time.

I was told by Carrie before we went last year that if something happened (bad weather etc ) and the twister couldn't run we would be taken by taxi/ferry to the island or I could cancel and get a refund. So I agree if the boat didn't run, you deserve a full refund.

This was my only issue...that I had paid for a service (the Twister Boat) that could not be guaranteed. I understand that it was out of Carrie's control, but I have some teens with me and the big event for them was going to be the boat ride. I would not have asked for a refund or cancelled if the ride could be guaranteed. But it seems to be good business to be honest and give a refund if you cannot provide the service contracted. The issues around my refund seem to be getting paypal to work correctly. Carrie was going to call them today and let me know what's going on. She seems to be trying to get a refund to me, but paypal is not cooperating. I am going to trust that she is being honest with me. I hope I am proved right by doing so.

It seems that the folks who book PI without the Twister Boat ride are getting exactly what they've paid for. I can't speak for Vesper, only myself.

The problem I had was that after I paid I have never received any information (meeting time, etc.) on the trip as promised (was supposed to be a day after I pay). I have been asking Carrie multiple times, probably close to 2 weeks for that information. At that point, I was worried as it was getting too close to the trip. Also, at the same time, I have seen many posts about the Passion Island trip being canceled, tour guides not showing up and people having trouble with refunds. I asked to cancel and she said yes. But I have never gotten my refund. Still waiting...

Vesper, I hope things work out for you. I just got my official refund from paypal to my credit card. I tried to stay positive with Carrie, and I feel we ended up on good terms.

I am glad the refund came thru for you. I know that is a load off of your mind.

They had those s shaped ones that lay down on the sand but they also had some double sized wooded structures that were like bed frames not as close to the water. We were there last June and used both. Some wanted extra close to the water and others wanted to be closer to the open bar.

does anyone have any idea of what type of beach chairs passion island have....i just hope that they dont have those plastic (super) low form type chairs...its just to hard for me to get out of those kinds...bad back.

thanks

I thought the chairs were very comfy... when we were there almost everyone was using the "S" shaped hard plastic chairs on top of one of the wooden taller chairs. I like that their not flat as a board! They also have regular lawn chairs with tables setup as well.

They have the S chairs and one like I'm sitting in in my signature pic...it was taken at Pasion Isle :).

I think we may have had your exact spot according to your location to the volleyball net. :D Were you all the way down at the end?

I think we may have had your exact spot according to your location to the volleyball net. :D Were you all the way down at the end?

Prolly! We moved around a lot as there weren't a lot of folks there. This pic was actually taking while I was smoking...I'm the only smoker and I get down wind and away from non-smokers.:D

I booked the Twister to Passion Island thru Carrie and now that I've heard some of your stories, I'm getting a little nervous. I e-mailed Carrie last Thursday to confirm that I could still take the tour, even though I am on Carnival, and to confirm the rest of the details like where to meet. I didn't hear back from her so I e-mailed again last night.

Now, I don't know whether to start working on a Plan B - probably Nachi. Obviously I don't want to pay again for somewhere else. I really wanted to do the Twister through tourcozumel rather than on Carnival because we could stay on the island longer. Now, I'm just hoping we get to go.

Any suggestions?

I did hear from Carrie about our Twister excursion:

Unfortunatly due to circumstances out of my control all Passion island tour are canceled effective 3/13. You can accept a refund or chose one of my better beach offerings.

Thank you!!!!

Carrie

I am so glad we found out before we got to Cozumel! Now we are trying to decide whether to do the Twister through Carnival or go to Mr. Sanchos.

Unfortunatly due to circumstances out of my control all Passion island tour are canceled effective 3/13. You can accept a refund or chose one of my better beach offerings.

Thank you!!!!

Carrie

I am so glad we found out before we got to Cozumel! Now we are trying to decide whether to do the Twister through Carnival or go to Mr. Sanchos.

Just curious... did they cancel ALL tours or just those that involve the Twister?

I can't believe that they would shut everything down going to the island. Our day there was the best day of our entire cruise. I hope others will be able to enjoy the island as much as we all did.

Thank you!!!!

Carrie

Well I guess it is better to find out now that later; that would have been a huge disappointment.

About going to Passion or Sanchos, to me it would just depend on how much time I wanted at the beach. Sanchos of course can be an all day thing and is cheaper but really what a hard decision to make because everyone loves Passion Is. too. Have a great time either way. :)

We're leaving tomorrow, too! I decided on Mr. Sanchos and I'm also waiting for my confirmation. Carrie assured me we'd have it before I left so I'm not panicking yet. My girls are really excited about Mr. Sanchos and they've decided to do the horseback riding there. My sister and I will enjoy just hanging out. So it has worked out fine. I will be back in Cozumel in November with my husband - his first cruise. I may try Passion Island again then.

any recent experiences with Carrie and Tour Cozumel??? We will be in port 11a-8p. Need to make decision on Carrie or booking through ship. Thanks. k

We will be going in 29 days and we did book thru Carrie. I'll let you know how Mr Sanchos went when we get back, but Carrie has been great booking us on this so far..

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Inspiration and we spent the day at Mr. Sanchos which we booked through Carrie, after our Twister tour was canceled. Our girls loved the horseback riding and said they would definitely do it again. My sister and I did the AI and had a very nice day. The facilities were very clean and the food was great.

• 3 weeks later...

Paid in full via pay pal. Arrived to be told the had no record of us. After they made many phone calls from my "reservation" papers we had to pay AGAIN to remain there. Needless to say it ruined the whole day.

Contacted Carrie when we got home and she's made claims that it's all taken care of and we'll get a refund.

How long should a simple refund take? Weeks, Months?

How about some customer service, or at least do what you promise to do.

I say stay away from this service.

Paid in full via pay pal. Arrived to be told the had no record of us. After they made many phone calls from my "reservation" papers we had to pay AGAIN to remain there. Needless to say it ruined the whole day.

Contacted Carrie when we got home and she's made claims that it's all taken care of and we'll get a refund.

How long should a simple refund take? Weeks, Months?

How about some customer service, or at least do what you promise to do.

I say stay away from this service.

I have tried to stay positive, but I am getting nervous,also. My excursion to Passion Island was canceled before my cruise on 3/13. I rebooked through Carrie to Mr. Sanchos and everything went smoothly there, but the difference in price was $ 110. I am also waiting for a refund to be credited to Paypal.

Archived