Stuff I wish I took on our Royal Caribbean Cruise

DataStar

We're heading out on our next Royal Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks, and it got me to thinking... What stuff did I wish I had on prior cruises that I promised myself I wouldn't forget this time???

Here are a few things I remembered, but I would like you to add to my list.

• A Highlight Marker. I always want to mark the Cruise Compass schedule, but usually end up making it unreadable. A small yellow highlighter seems like a better idea.
  • A Flashlight. While we're in a balcony cabin for this trip, we are sometimes in an inside cabin, and it's really dark when the lights are out! Having a small flashlight (the LED lights seem to last forever) that can sit on the bedside table seems useful.
  • A small power strip. If I want to recharge my phone, Linda's phone, my camera and our iPods, there are not enough outlets. Add one of the small power strips to your packing list, and you can charge them all.
  • An over-the-door clothes hook. We found a package of 2 over-the-door plastic hooks at a 99-cent shop, and they are really useful. They fit over the bathroom door and were easily removed without leaving any marks on the door.
  • A "Thank You" card for the room steward and concierge. Of course, we give them tips, and they deserve them, but I like to also be able to express thanks with a card. I recently got 40 musical cards for $20 through a "deals" website, so that's what they are getting, assuming, of course, that I don't forget to pack them between now and departure.

Those are the things that I can remember. But I'm sure there are others.

Now it's your turn!

Alan

I agree about the small flashlight

Now I take a nightlight to plug in the bathroom.

A cheapo watch or clock to have next to the bed ( I tend to wake a lot during the night)

Lots of socks to walk around in in the cabin ( or sliper type shoes) I hate walking on those floors barefoot.eeewww

Small container of lysol wipes for the door knobs, remote, room service menus,etc.... please don't flame me!

I take a large "go" cup or a mug of some sort so I can go to the Windjammer early in the morning and get enough coffee to last me the trip back to my cabin.

Some type of note paper in case I want to leave a note for the cabin attendant

room freshener spray

this year, a flameless candle for evenings out on the balcony

We're heading out on our next Royal Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks, and it got me to thinking... What stuff did I wish I had on prior cruises that I promised myself I wouldn't forget this time???

Here are a few things I remembered, but I would like you to add to my list.

• A Highlight Marker. I always want to mark the Cruise Compass schedule, but usually end up making it unreadable. A small yellow highlighter seems like a better idea.
  • A Flashlight. While we're in a balcony cabin for this trip, we are sometimes in an inside cabin, and it's really dark when the lights are out! Having a small flashlight (the LED lights seem to last forever) that can sit on the bedside table seems useful.
  • A small power strip. If I want to recharge my phone, Linda's phone, my camera and our iPods, there are not enough outlets. Add one of the small power strips to your packing list, and you can charge them all.
  • An over-the-door clothes hook. We found a package of 2 over-the-door plastic hooks at a 99-cent shop, and they are really useful. They fit over the bathroom door and were easily removed without leaving any marks on the door.
  • A "Thank You" card for the room steward and concierge. Of course, we give them tips, and they deserve them, but I like to also be able to express thanks with a card. I recently got 40 musical cards for $20 through a "deals" website, so that's what they are getting, assuming, of course, that I don't forget to pack them between now and departure.

Those are the things that I can remember. But I'm sure there are others.

Now it's your turn!

Alan

I carry my bookbag/mobile office with me so I have lots of stuff including an mobile alarm clock/small flashlight.

As to a cruise, we bring some small plastic clothes pins that have an S hook on them to hang items on the clothes line in the bathroom. I also bring a bungee cord that has clips on it to hang on balcony if needed.

We also bring a variety of medications for diarhea/upset stomach/headache/sinus/cold.

I have a little dental kit for topical numbing if needed.

=========================================

I like your idea of a card to give to room steward at end of cruise. I think that is a very nice thought and will do on our next cruise. :) We have had some great people serving us on some great cruises and it would allow us to show them even more our appreciation.

The kitchen sink!!

I seem to always take everything but the kitchen sink. I take a little travel bag that contains everything I could possibly ever need. Bandaids, Neosporin, diarhea/upset stomach meds, Tylenol and Motrin, cold/flu meds, extra shoelaces, eye glass wipes, Shout wipes, etc. Cottenelle even has single wrapped "wipes". :rolleyes: I also include things a woman might need if taken by surprise. I just like to be prepared.

Cathy

Two or three bottles of booze, extra books to leave on the chaise lounges by the pool. Tank tops and "nice" shorts to wear at formal nights. A CD player without ear phones, because everyone likes your kind of music. I know I'm forgetting something else..............

Two or three bottles of booze, extra books to leave on the chaise lounges by the pool. Tank tops and "nice" shorts to wear at formal nights. A CD player without ear phones, because everyone likes your kind of music. I know I'm forgetting something else..............

The diapered baby to let swim in the adults only hot tub?

You know somebody's going to take you seriously!

You forgot to list forgetting to take deodorant to make elevator rides

more fun.

I knew I was forgetting something.

I usually give my daughter a cow bell to use in the hallways. I have told her to ring it loudly and continuously when she enters our hallway so we know shes coming. This is really important at about 1:10 a.m after curfew.

- If you are traveling with kids, post-it notes & pens. They worked really well for us to be able to communicate with the kids during the cruise.

- Over the door organizer. I couldn't believe how handy this was. Everything was at my fingertips when I was looking for something.

- Favorite shampoo/conditioner. Yes they do provide some for you on the ship, but I prefer to use my own and always bring it with me.

Big bar of soap...

I hate the stuff that comes out of the dispenser. A nice bar of Ivory and a washcloth are needed to scrub off all of the sand and sunscreen from the day.

I will also be bringing my own tea, I don't drink coffee. In addition I will have a travel mug that can keep hot more than the 8 oz the normal mugs contain.

Steve

A lot of things have been mentioned (highlighter, post-its, nite-lite, over the door shoe holder).

But I also always bring a hat. I'm coming from the cold & snow to the warmth & sun! And I bring a big plastic cup and some cold-brew tea bags.

Great suggestions. I just thought of another one..

I always tell myself to take extra AA batteries for flashlights, radios, cameras, etc. For the price they charge either on-board or at most ports, I could go to Sam's Club or Costco and get one of those massive multi-packs.

Alan

I agree about the small flashlight

Now I take a nightlight to plug in the bathroom.

A cheapo watch or clock to have next to the bed ( I tend to wake a lot during the night)

Lots of socks to walk around in in the cabin ( or sliper type shoes) I hate walking on those floors barefoot.eeewww

Small container of lysol wipes for the door knobs, remote, room service menus,etc.... please don't flame me!

I take a large "go" cup or a mug of some sort so I can go to the Windjammer early in the morning and get enough coffee to last me the trip back to my cabin.

Some type of note paper in case I want to leave a note for the cabin attendant

room freshener spray

this year, a flameless candle for evenings out on the balcony

Great Idea, some I do carry but I will carry the other items too. Thank you.

Archived