Stuff I wish I took on our Royal Caribbean Cruise

DataStar

I bring a stack of disposable 3 oz. plastic bathroom cups. After seeing on the internet how hotel maids clean the glasses, I don't care to drink out of those anymore. :eek: We always fly in at least a day before the cruise, so I use the plastic cups at the hotel and then on the cruise ship. ;)

We go to the promanade and get the paper coffee cups for in the room. I use them, DH isn't as picky as me! I also bring charmin seeing eating on the cruise causes more trips to the bathroom and their paper isn't soft enough!

I'll second the duct tape - we used it for a suitcase malfunction on the last cruise.

Duct tape fixes everything! Torn pants, a falling hem, broken or torn suitcase, shoes that lose their sole, clanging doors, extension cord strung across the cabin.....

Can even be used to create extra cleavage on formal night! :D

(Ouch! :( )

I also bring charmin seeing eating on the cruise causes more trips to the bathroom and their paper isn't soft enough!

This is a GREAT idea! On my last cruise I found their toilet paper to be a liiiittle rough and the food was certainly causing me to have more bathroom trips than usual. Will certainly pack a roll next time!!

Duct tape fixes everything! Torn pants, a falling hem, broken or torn suitcase, shoes that lose their sole, clanging doors, extension cord strung across the cabin.....

Can even be used to create extra cleavage on formal night! :D

(Ouch! :( )

hahahaha! Funny you should say that; I kept reading everyone else's 'practical' uses for duct tape and thought I was crazy, since the only reason I took it on my last cruise was to keep 'certain things in place' as I had a couple of tops and dresses that I couldn't wear undergarments with! :eek:

Why they make clothing like this, I'll never know, but duct tape does the trick every time!! :D :D

There's only 2 things you need:

duct tape and WD40

If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape

If it doesn't move and should, use WD40

Duct tape! There's a dark side and a light side. It holds the universe together.

What brand of cold-brew tea bags do you recommend, and where do you get them?

I use the Lipton cold brew tea bags and you can get them at any grocery store. Makes really good iced tea. I actually like RCIs iced tea tho so I don't bring any.

Jan

To answer the question, i got the musical cards at the thingfling website. They have them as of now (about 1030PM Saturday night, Eastern time, and will have them for another 18 hours) with a set of 20 for $10 + shipping. They are Hallmark cards, and same is sealed plastic bags each of which had 2 identical cards and envelopes.

Alan

OK! To summarize what we have so far, the popular items (in no particular order) seem to be:

• Highlight Marker
  • Flashlight
  • Power Strip
  • Over-the-door Clothes Hook
  • Thank you cards
  • Air Freshener
  • Plug-in Nightlight for Bathroom
  • Alarm Clock (lighted or glow-in-dark)
  • Disinfectant Wipes
  • Over the Door Shoe Organizer
  • S-Hook Clothes Pins
  • Bungee Cord
  • Dental emergency kit.
  • Shoelaces
  • Over the counter medications
  • Crystal Light and Cold-Brew Teabags
  • Post-It Notes
  • Extra batteries
  • Duct Tape
  • Collapsable hamper or Laundry Bags
  • Space Bags
  • Shower Caps
  • Disposable bathroom cups
  • Calculator (great for currency exchange)
  • Extra Eyeglasses
  • Extra camera memory card
  • Eyeglass Cleaner/Cleaning Cloth
  • Freezer Bags
  • Downy Fabric Spray, Woolite
  • Disposable Rain Ponchos (2 for $1 at Dollar Store)
  • Mini Umbrellas ($1 at Dollar Store)
  • If in a cabin with bathtub, a nonslip mat
  • Detergent packets
  • A deodorant plug in with night light
  • Waterproof “beach safe” for SeaPass Cards, credit card, cash
  • Travel Sewing Kit

More ideas are welcome! Of course, if you want to take everything listed, you should probably remember to take an extra suitcase!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Alan

Plastic, waterproof "beach safe" container to carry your Seapass card.

Also helps to prevent magnetic corruption. ;)

Where would one find one of these? I've seen plastic holders but they didn't look waterproof!

These are great suggestions. We use an excel spread sheet and print one for each cruise. Just put all this stuff, plus your clothes and other stuff on the spread sheet. You won't forget anything using one of those.

We have also added Walkie Talkies which really come in handy on and off the ship when friends and loved ones disappear quickly. We are always able to locate everyone - of course - when it's time to eat!!!:) Some people have added lap tops, so that they can download their daily pictures and clean off their digital card. The cabins have hair dryers so you can cross that off your list and irons are not allowed. Also add the nail polish remover pads instead of the liquid. They work great and then you can add nail polish if you want to fix or redo your nails. To get your nails done on the ship is over $40...that to me is a bit expensive.

Keep thinking...

Darlene

Idarcy, if you're rrreeeaaalllllyyyyy lucky you may be able to win an RC water wallet playing trivia or name that tune. It's a fun way to win Royal Caribbean Crap. I have to admit that I have my fair share. Oh, I think they also sell them in the 'general store'.

These are great suggestions. We use an excel spread sheet and print one for each cruise. Just put all this stuff, plus your clothes and other stuff on the spread sheet. You won't forget anything using one of those.

We have also added Walkie Talkies which really come in handy on and off the ship when friends and loved ones disappear quickly. We are always able to locate everyone - of course - when it's time to eat!!!:) Some people have added lap tops, so that they can download their daily pictures and clean off their digital card. The cabins have hair dryers so you can cross that off your list and irons are not allowed. Also add the nail polish remover pads instead of the liquid. They work great and then you can add nail polish if you want to fix or redo your nails. To get your nails done on the ship is over $40...that to me is a bit expensive.

Keep thinking...

Darlene

Also remember to bring the same color nail polish as you are wearing so you don't have to redo all your nails. I always buy the polish I want and take it to the nail salon so I have it afterwards on the ship.

OMG !!! I've packed and unpacked my bag 3 times in the last 24 hrs because it won't all fit and I didn't think of half of the stuff listed. I think I am doomed....lol.

Less clothes and back to re-think my packing..... :rolleyes:

:D

Archived