Stuff I wish I took on our Royal Caribbean Cruise

DataStar

I bring a stack of disposable 3 oz. plastic bathroom cups. After seeing on the internet how hotel maids clean the glasses, I don't care to drink out of those anymore. :eek: We always fly in at least a day before the cruise, so I use the plastic cups at the hotel and then on the cruise ship. ;)

You know somebody's going to take you seriously!

You forgot to list forgetting to take deodorant to make elevator rides

more fun.

Don't forget protection for those who may have someone at their dining table who just loves to talk with their mouth full and spray you with you with with the odd carrot, bread roll or even the odd piece of meat.;)

Stick'ums so we can leave notes for each other.

A spare credit card to use for the safe (on some ships you need to swipe a credit card) and there is no point in using mine or my DH's because we may not be in the cabin at the same time.

Eye glass spray cleaner and a cloth.

Ziploc freezer bags to use as ice packs.

Tensor bandage which doubles as something to hold the ice packs on the sore muscles.

Hair conditioner.

Crocs for in the cabin and on the balcony.

Kathy:)

I figure the sweet harmony of the bagpipes while my DW plays her banjo wiil endear us to practically everyone aboard..:D

Someone actually brought bagpipes on our Panama Canal cruise. I remember walking back to the ship in Curacao and seeing someone playing the bagpipes on their balcony.

Take one of those over the door shoe holder bags, and store all of your

bathroom stuff in there on the back of the closet door....Keeps the bathroom organized and uncluddered.......(walmart $12):) :)

I take these and the room stewards love them! I have not brought one home and must get another for the next cruise!:cool:

A lot of things have been mentioned (highlighter, post-its, nite-lite, over the door shoe holder).

But I also always bring a hat. I'm coming from the cold & snow to the warmth & sun! And I bring a big plastic cup and some cold-brew tea bags.

What brand of cold-brew tea bags do you recommend, and where do you get them?

Tide has these handy 3-pack sink size soap packets just for washing a couple things in the sink when you're traveling. I'm bringing those this time so stains on the kids clothes (they're 3 and 5) don't set in.

I love the idea of the over the door shoe organizer for all the small bathroom stuff! I may head to the $1 store today.

I'll second the duct tape - we used it for a suitcase malfunction on the last cruise. Also, the Downy Wrinkle Release spray came in handy.

Binoculars are great as well. Underwater cameras are much cheaper at Walmart than in the islands!

I read a good idea on CC a while back. Scan your passport, driver's license, etc. and email it to yourself. That way, it's always on your email account if needed!

Retnuh, Thank you for your humorous posts. On a personal note I will tell you that I lost my sister to Ovarian Cancer a year ago, I thought I was doing fine but after hearing me laugh out loud a few minutes ago my husband asked me what was so funny, I told him and he said " it is nice to hear you laugh you don't do that much these days"

laughter really is healing.

Kathleen.

I knew I was forgetting something.

I usually give my daughter a cow bell to use in the hallways. I have told her to ring it loudly and continuously when she enters our hallway so we know shes coming. This is really important at about 1:10 a.m after curfew.

This is funny but I am serious. Bring light day and reg. sanitary pads. My husband burned the bottoms of his feet so bad at a water park (he forgot flip flops). The only way he could walk was creme on the bottoms of his feet and then pads in his shoes for extra cusion. Another cruise, I chafed the inside of my thighs at a beach day so badly I walked like I just got off a horse and they were getting worse. No, I only weigh 130 pounds. It was from playing volleyball in wet/sandy swim wear and wanting to win more than stop. I taped light day pads to the insides of my thighs so that I could walk without rubbing on my pants. Go ahead and laugh, it worked.

I wish we had brought duct tape!

A few weeks ago on the Radiance on the last of our sea days returning to SD we had 30 ft seas. The closet, some drawers and especially the corner cabinet in the bathroom were banging and clanging all day/night long.

We used band aids to keep the bathroom cabinet, closet and 2 drawers closed and towels to keeps the TV from swiveling back and forth.

By the time we finished making the cabin quiet...and safe...it looked like a war zone with about 20 band aids all over the place!!! Duct tape would of been of easy.

Another thing I needed and didn't have was a travel sewing kit, I had to borrow to sew on a button that came loose.

Archived