Soap Question

CatLuvsH20

Hi All:

Am packing for my first RSSC from Capetown to Rio and was wondering what to pack in the way of soaps. Are there body soaps and lotions? I will pack shampoo and conditioner for me but hubby is not as picky. What do the cruise lines have?

Thanks,

Cat

There is bar soap, liquid body wash, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. In our basic cabin on Mariner in Jan/Feb. There was only the Regent branded/labeled products with an ingredients list, but no actual brand or manufacturer listed. They just seemed like normal products. Sorry, can't be more specific. Debbie

We had Anichine (probably misspelled) and the Regent brand in our suite last month. Everyone's tastes are so different -- can one brand satisfy us all? Personally, I found the Aveda shampoo to have too strong of an aroma and it did not work well on my hair.

We had a set of both Anichini and Regent branded toiletries on our 10/18 Voyager sailing. I loved the Anichini lotion! I don't recall the soap - I don't like those frou-frou bars - I don't feel like I'm getting fully clean! I bring a bar of Irish Spring on each cruise.

I was unable to tolerate the scent of the Regent lotion, so our stewardess on the Navigator scared up some Anichini lotion for us. I'd still prefer the unscented Aveda they used to have--the Anichini has a scent, though I can at least tolerate this one. But if, like me, you're picky about lotions, I'd suggest you bring your own.

• 1 month later...
I loved the Anichini to the point that I found a supplier and have been ordering it. I love the soap and lotion, my daughter loves the shampoo and conditioner.

Jan I would very much appreciate your letting me know the address of their supplier as I adore the shampoo & conditioner thanks so much Judy

We did not get any lotion till I asked, and then we got both Anichini and the Regent grapefruit scent. The shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and bar soap were Regent brand and not too luxurious. I found the shampoo difficult to get out of the bottle, as was the shower gel.

I guess I'm a bit stunned that this thread has begun once again. People will either like the bath products supplied by Regent - or not. No one can determine on a thread whether or not a particular product will be satisfactory to someone. Regent is dealing with people with thick hair, thin hair, dry hair, oily hair, dandruff, etc. as well as those who are allergic to some scents or are particular about the scent. Perhaps you should play it safe and take some of your preferred products on board with you. You can try the products on board and decide to use them. . . .or not.

I guess I'm a bit stunned that this thread has begun once again. People will either like the bath products supplied by Regent - or not. No one can determine on a thread whether or not a particular product will be satisfactory to someone. Regent is dealing with people with thick hair, thin hair, dry hair, oily hair, dandruff, etc. as well as those who are allergic to some scents or are particular about the scent. Perhaps you should play it safe and take some of your preferred products on board with you. You can try the products on board and decide to use them. . . .or not.

True, I never rely on using products at hotels or on-board, always bring my own ( my husband uses anything)!.

I've spent a quite a bit of time at different hotels and you tend to find that the brand of toiletries they make available compliments or reflects their hotel brand too. ie. Moulton Brown, Aveda, L'Occitane, Crabtree & Evelyn, Temple Spa, etc at higher end hotels, Bath and Bodyworks, Pantene, Bliss, etc at mid range hotels and generic or 'unknown name' brands at lower end hotels. Maybe I'm too brand-focused, but I'm less likely to use a generic toiletry than one I am familiar with that has a good reputation. If you're paying for a luxury cruise it seems reasonable to expect high end toiletries - along with plush towels and linens!

Archived