Need travel size or advice

Hi everyone!

I will be leaving on Friday for a wedding for our very own CJW!

Problem:

I want to take only a carry-on, and not check any bags. This is usually not possible for me but I am giving it a whirl!

I use several products that I don't know how to transport due to the

3-1-1 rules.

My shampoo and what not can be put into smaller sizes, but there is a product I CANNOT live with out and it is in an aeresol can!

goddess-within_2024_169925837

It is the Farouk Chi Shine Infusion Polishing Spray & it is amazing....

So, does anyone know where to find a travel size of this?:confused:

If not, my question is will they let me bring an almost empty can ( probably has about an ounce left) in my carrry-on if I disclose it?

I know it is supposed to be 3 oz. or less container, but I am wondering if the container is what matters or it is the amount- or both?

Sorry to be soooo confusing....any advice is appreciated!

The carry-on rule for aerosols and other liquids is very strict -- no container larger than 3 oz. size. If you attempt to take a larger size, security will require you to discard it. It is the size of the container that matters, not how full it is.

They will not let you bring it on. I have been traveling with a business associate who thought she could bring her large bottle of shampoo because there was very little left (and it was obvious). They wouldn't allow it.

I tried Googling for travel sizes of this product but couldn't find any. You may be out of luck....

Have you tried calling the company that make the product or doing an internet search? Maybe customer service or the company website can help you with this.

I know how important it is to have your particular brand available - sometimes there is just no substitute.

Sigh...thanks everyone.

That is what I figured. They don't have time to try and figure out how many true ounces everyone is carrying and that is why they set a limit....understood and I probably agree.:)

Iheartbda~ (Hi btw!!:D ) that might work, I'll try it and see.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions. :)

The TSA 3-1-1 rule about containers isn't so much about the contents as it is about the container itself. Lord forbid that someone mix up something vile in that 3/4 empty tube of toothpaste!

What I'll suggest is that you see if you can find a commercial equivalent to that CHI product and wait unitl you get to your destination and hit the local Wal-Mart or whatever to buy it. It may be a not-as-good substitute, but it may be better than nothing.

Tell us what the product actually does - maybe we can help!

My hairdresser turned me onto something at CVS and I also saw it at Walgreens.....it's a clear zippered travel bag with four 3 oz. bottles, and one of them was a spray bottle. It's "official TSA approved" (whatever the hell that means!). I thought the rule was only 3 bottles but you could always perhaps forgoe one of the four bottles. I use a spray conditioner and I dumped it into the spray bottle. I only used half of the bottles when I was in Jamaica last week. They won't let you bring a "large bottle" onboard, even if there is the "correct amount". I loved this little package.

Best of all was the price..$3.99!

Did you ask your stylist if he/she can check with the supply company they get their product from? If they make a travel size that would be the place to look.

It's hard when you know how your hair will be with a certain product and then there is the chance you might not be able to get it. None of us want to risk a bad hair day!

I hope you find it.

Kelly

My hairdresser turned me onto something at CVS and I also saw it at Walgreens.....it's a clear zippered travel bag with four 3 oz. bottles, and one of them was a spray bottle. It's "official TSA approved" (whatever the hell that means!). I thought the rule was only 3 bottles but you could always perhaps forgoe one of the four bottles. I use a spray conditioner and I dumped it into the spray bottle. I only used half of the bottles when I was in Jamaica last week. They won't let you bring a "large bottle" onboard, even if there is the "correct amount". I loved this little package.

Best of all was the price..$3.99!

No rule about how many bottles you can put in your quart ziplock bag. I pack mine as full as possible and usually have up to 8 or 9 in there. I'm not sure how well an aerosol would transfer into a spray though but it might be worth a try!

Is there any possible way you can purchase the item once you get to your destination? Or, if you know someone else that will be attending that lives in the area, could they possible pick up a can for you and have it waiting?

I sometimes will carry on to my destination and check my bag on the way home. If you did this, you could take the product home with you in the larger size.

If not, my question is will they let me bring an almost empty can ( probably has about an ounce left) in my carrry-on if I disclose it?

They pitched my almost empty tube of toothpaste because it was an 8 oz tube - no matter that it had 1/2 an ounce left.:rolleyes:

I said to the guy, "But it only has a little left:confused: . He said - "Tough. It's bigger than 3 oz and that's the max."

So if I find a travel size - Should I bring 2?:D :)

Seriously though - go to the place where you buy it and see if they have any samples. When I got my hair cut recently my hairstylist recommended I use a heat protector gel to protect my hair from damage when I use my flat iron. It doesn't come in travel sizes so she gave me a sample size that she got from the manufacturer. She Rawks!!

I recently sent an e-mail to clinique about looking for travel size of their products with the suggestion that they market for this need (they could charge more for this, I believe). I got a nice letter back saying sorry just put it in smaller containers and look for the smaller size during "pre-sell".

Hate having to find a different product just for traveling!

desperatehousewife .... have a wonderful time on your cruise! Jan

Hi there. This won't help desperatehousewife with her aerosol container, but the following site has a great selection of small containers. Most of them are really cheap ($0.15-0.30 US or so).

I recently started traveling a lot for work, and bought a bunch of small bottles and containers off this site. Look for ones that don't have a minimum order quantity.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp

595777355_smallbottles.jpg.5e0aab75f2f1fe2ed3bfeda6113283a2.jpg

You ladies are all awesome with your advice and suggestions!

I really appreciate it....:D

You all have made some awesome suggestions.

I tried to contact Farouk -who makes the CHI products- and they said I was outta luck.:(

Sooooooo....Mr.Groom just may be getting a care package mailed to him at his hotel that I will need to get from him!!:eek: (You reading this Mister?)

11.gif

I did locate a coupla places where they carry this stuff right in Vegas near our hotel, so I could always run out and get it.

Problem is... I have now realized that 2 of my other products are aerosol too!

Poopy.....

Thanks again for all of the help ladies!!

You RAWK!

Ahhhhh...you know me sooooow well!!!!:D :D

( Btw...my review from the spring cruise with the kids is FINALLY up..look in my siggy for the Victory link)

I read the whole thing and as usual, one of the BEST AND MOST ENTERTAINING.:D I posted a loosely written review with pictures of my 2 weeks, but it's more about Bermuda for "friends" on another thread who haven't been there. I didn't post it on the NCL board since there were a number for the same ship.

I read the whole thing and as usual, one of the BEST AND MOST ENTERTAINING.:D I posted a loosely written review with pictures of my 2 weeks, but it's more about Bermuda for "friends" on another thread who haven't been there. I didn't post it on the NCL board since there were a number for the same ship.

Awwww..... thanks!!!

I'll look for yours!!:D

Sooooooo....Mr.Groom just may be getting a care package mailed to him at his hotel that I will need to get from him!!:eek: (You reading this Mister?)

11.gif

Maybe we should just ship it to the WooHoo........:D I can't imagine they've never had to hold stuff for people. I mean, Come On!!

Then we could track it and call them when it gets there - a whole other thing to keep us busy in the meantime.....:p

BUT - I tried to order an aerosol of something a while back and the company said they only ship that stuff ground so we need to get on it missy!!!:D :p

Archived